The Doctor Who thread

Of the four episodes so far, three of them have featured some of my favorite Doctor Who moments (in spoiler tags just to be safe):

"Basically... run."

The Doctor beating the shit out of the Dalek.

The "There's one thing you never, ever put in a trap" speech.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Of the four episodes so far, three of them have featured some of my favorite Doctor Who moments (in spoiler tags just to be safe):

"Basically... run."

The Doctor beating the shit out of the Dalek.

The "There's one thing you never, ever put in a trap" speech.

You missed out:

I'm the Doctor, I;m worse than everyone's aunt.

Some intriguing moments, particularly all the stuff with the crack

I like the fact they've shown their hand early in the series, showing it rewriting history, and i liked them using it to justify why noone has any recollection of the giant cyberman.

I thought the last couple of minutes were wierd, I like the hints that something is wrong with Amy, but it didn't quite work for me.

unlike suavestar though, I thought next weeks looks quite entertaining.

Not as good as part one and is it me or did they never explain why the Angels were killing people? In part one it was mentioned they killed instead of knocking people out of time because they needed the body's. For what?

I presumed that seeing as we saw Angel Bob as a full angel, it's simply a case of reproducing..taking over the bodies.

But just rewatched it...and here's an interesting thing (i'll put it under the cut).

After The Doctor, Amy and Octavian leave Amy, she makes a comment and the Doctor comes back and gives her a pep talk...but, he's wearing his jacket (you can see the collar in the close up)...the jacket that the Angels snatched earlier, in the rest of the episode, before and after this scene, he's just in his shirt. So is this the Doctor from a future point in time?

or just a continuity error LOL

ok...more thoughts about that scene I was talking about in the previous post. I can't take credit for all this, some people are discussing this on Gallifrey Base. Some screencaps under the cut too.

OK...the doctor in this scene is wearing his jacked, which of course he wasn't before or after

DoctorWhos05e05theboxhannibalavi-2.jpg

DoctorWhos05e05theboxhannibalavi-1.jpg

Some people think he's wearing a different watch too (with a black strap instead of gold)..but i'm not totally convinced...it could just be his hand being in the shadows making it look black

DoctorWhos05e05theboxhannibalavi_sn.jpg

DoctorWhos05e05theboxhannibalavi-3.jpg

Lets go with the theory that the Doctor in this scene is from sometime in the future, coming back to reassure Amy. His dialogue in this scene is "You have to start trusting me" "remember what i told you when you were 7" and particularly "No..that's the point...you have to remember", which never made total sense to me when i first watched it. What if it's a message to her, not specifically about what's happening now but for some future point.

edited to add - Oh, and I just noticed looking at the pics..he's got his shirt sleeves rolled up, which he didn't have earlier, or later. So in this scene he's wearing his jacket, sleeves rolled up (how 1980's!), spouting dialogue which is fairly cryptic and doesn't completely make sense for the story...It's gotta be important. Maybe in the finale we'll see him revisiting earlier episodes :-)

edited a second time - the date! i can't believe i didn't spot it earlier, but the date shown is the 26th June 2010...which will be the date that episode 13 of this series will be aired.

Those last few minutes were... odd. I don't mind them, 'cause it goes to the weirdness with Amy, but I can hear the Internet sighing.

Gallifrey Base is undoubtedly melting down as we speak. Me, I didn't mind it; she's been through an intensely emotional time with a man who's been the most important thing in her life since she was seven years old. It's true to the character.

Y'know, I'm probably one most likely to get rant happy at the last couple of minutes, but I didn't hate them. If there has to be that romance angle (which I still hate), I give Moffat credit for cutting the bullshit and having Amy put the cards on the table as early as the fifth episode.

See, I don't see it as more of the same old romance angle everyone's so sick of.

Amy was pretty clear she was just looking for someone for the night.

I read it as her making a definitive choice, not just for the night but for the rest of her life.

See, I don't see it as more of the same old romance angle everyone's so sick of.

I read it as her making a definitive choice, not just for the night but for the rest of her life.

It's confusing, because her dialogue can be read both ways. She opens with "I know who I want now", which implies she has feelings for him, but then when he says it could never work between them, she replies with something like "I'm not talking about anything long term".

She says she is not looking for anything long term before she sticks her tongue down his throat.

It's confusing, because her dialogue can be read both ways. She opens with "I know who I want now", which implies she has feelings for him, but then when he says it could never work between them, she replies with something like "I'm not talking about anything long term".

Yes there is that long term line, but I don't buy it considering she's been obsessed with The Doctor since she was 7. I mean, on the eve of her wedding, she had all of her old Raggedy Doctor things out. I doubt she'd merely just want one night with him.

Yes there is that long term line, but I don't buy it considering she's been obsessed with The Doctor since she was 7. I mean, on the eve of her wedding, she had all of her old Raggedy Doctor things out. I doubt she'd merely just want one night with him.

Fair point, sir.

She's referring to me, mostly.

I told her it was bullshit on AIM and I stand by that.

Honestly, I don't think anything's going to come of it.

Then why do it?