The Doctor Who thread

Question about series 3 boxset of Dr Who. Did the box come with a slip cover, like the rest of the series's? Series 1,2 and 4 have slip covers, but series 3 doesn't have this. Is mine just missing the cover, or is that how it is meant to be?

Also, I was watching series 3 again, and I have to say, I don't hate Martha as much as I used to, she is still my least favourite companion, but watching the show again, I like how she grew through the series, and how she got passed her infatuation with the Doctor, which was when she really grained on me.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Question about series 3 boxset of Dr Who. Did the box come with a slip cover, like the rest of the series's? Series 1,2 and 4 have slip covers, but series 3 doesn't have this. Is mine just missing the cover, or is that how it is meant to be?

Also, I was watching series 3 again, and I have to say, I don't hate Martha as much as I used to, she is still my least favourite companion, but watching the show again, I like how she grew through the series, and how she got passed her infatuation with the Doctor, which was when she really grained on me.

My Series 3 boxset also doesn't have a slip cover, and I still don't see how Martha is a worse companion than Rose.

My Series 3 boxset also doesn't have a slip cover, and I still don't see how Martha is a worse companion than Rose.

Well, apart from the fourth series where Rose is just plain annoying, I prefer her, as she had more time to develop, and was the first companion, so she was something special.

I actually thought it was abit of a meh episode actually, nothing really got progressed in terms of building for the finale soon apart from the odd few lines of dialogue. And I expect next weeks to be more of the same sadly with James Corden

That was a cute episode. Yeah, it was filler, but after last week, we needed a bit of a break.

Richard Curtis was always going to write a cute episode. Still, I very much enjoyed it, despite the inclusion of Athlete on the soundtrack. The worst 11th Doctor episode is the Dalek one, although I don't hold out much hope for the James f'n Corden one on my birthday. FUCK YOU, CORDEN!

Captain Jack is back — and Starz has him!

The cable net has acquired U.S. television rights to the next installment of Torchwood. The 10-episode cycle is slated to air in summer 2011 on both Starz (in the U.S.) and BBC One (in the UK).

Several new characters are expected to come on board, joining franchise vets John Barrowman and Eve Myles. Russell T. Davies, meanwhile, will be back as showrunner.

The new episodes will take on more of an “international scope,” says Starz, adding, “The new series will allow Davies and his writing team to tell a more explosive and global story, one that takes advantage of the unlimited narrative opportunities of a premium television service like Starz.”

The news comes several weeks after Fox passed on a U.S. version of Torchwood.

Source

Did Lady Gaga's futuristic fashions land her a Doctor Who role?

Lady Gaga on Doctor Who, sporting one of her trademark bizarre outfits and possibly giant alien eyes? It almost sounds too awesome to be true. But that's what one magazine is reporting.

OK! Magazine is reporting that script writer Gareth Roberts has a few ideas for a Gaga-centric Who episode. He was quoted as saying, "She is no stranger to dressing up and would be more than a match for the Doctor. It would be a great coup to get her."

Plus Roberts already has come up with a storyline for Gaga's appearance. Let's just hope it's more interesting than Kylie Minogue's "sheltered French maid" character. Lady Gaga is more than just another one-off companion for the Doctor, if you know what we mean. We fully expect the queen of the monsters to be a mysterious sovereign of the sensationally dressed lizard people, or something of that nature.

So get to it internet. You put Betty White on SNL, and started a Donald Glover for Spider-Man riot, now get Gaga on Doctor Who... pretty please.

Source

I think I've reached the point of ambivalence with this season.

I don't hate it or anything, but something's missing and I don't even feel like going through the minimal effort required to watch it anymore. At the very least, I think I'm going to skip the next few unless something epic happens.

I think I've reached the point of ambivalence with this season.

I don't hate it or anything, but something's missing and I don't even feel like going through the minimal effort required to watch it anymore. At the very least, I think I'm going to skip the next few unless something epic happens.

The thing is, the episodes start out good, and then somehow they lose their way, and fall apart. Also, the next two are the last of the series I think. If your up to date Dubs.

Not a great episode, but certainly a great performance from Smith, well worth watching. Corden was ok as the straight man to the madcap doctor. Felt like a mature well-written version of Love and Monsters from season two.

Next week looks very interesting.