The Doctor Who thread

It's official; video games are coming:

Published and developed by Asylum Entertainment, two separate titles are in the works – Doctor Who: Return to Earth on Wii and Doctor Who: Evacuation Earth for DS. Both will feature the likenesses of both Matt Smith (the current Doctor) and Karen Gillan (his companion Amy Pond).

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One scene in Remembrance of the Daleks finally convinced me one Sylvester McCoy, it changed his whole motivation for the story so far. Superb stuff, I just couldn't have predicted it since no other Doctor would ever look at the situation that way.

Far from wanting to stop the Daleks getting the Hand of Omega, he actually want them to take it. His only motivation for being there is to safeguard the humans who might get caught in the crossfire. So now its all about ensuring the right Dalek faction winds up with the device.

Oh, and the Davros fake-out is awesome.

Silver Nemesis is a little iffier. People out of time always irritate me, they always talk about cars first. It was amusing to see Nazi's vs Cybermen and find that I actually came down on the side of the Cybers. At least they're equal opportunity assimilators. Like the Cyber outfits but the characterisation seemed off, in that they had distinct individual characters.

One scene in Remembrance of the Daleks finally convinced me one Sylvester McCoy, it changed his whole motivation for the story so far. Superb stuff, I just couldn't have predicted it since no other Doctor would ever look at the situation that way.

Far from wanting to stop the Daleks getting the Hand of Omega, he actually want them to take it. His only motivation for being there is to safeguard the humans who might get caught in the crossfire. So now its all about ensuring the right Dalek faction winds up with the device.

Oh, and the Davros fake-out is awesome.

Silver Nemesis is a little iffier. People out of time always irritate me, they always talk about cars first. It was amusing to see Nazi's vs Cybermen and find that I actually came down on the side of the Cybers. At least they're equal opportunity assimilators. Like the Cyber outfits but the characterisation seemed off, in that they had distinct individual characters.

Silver Nemesis is pretty bad. However, on the whole most Seventh Doctor and Ace stories are worth watching at least once.

This site is reporting that Matt Smith will stay in the role until 2013. Nothing's confirmed, though.

I hope that's true. I'm loving Smith's portrayal and it would be awesome to see him last a little longer than the last couple of guys. Especially if he manages to hang on until the 50th anniversary.

It's official; video games are coming:

Published and developed by Asylum Entertainment, two separate titles are in the works – Doctor Who: Return to Earth on Wii and Doctor Who: Evacuation Earth for DS. Both will feature the likenesses of both Matt Smith (the current Doctor) and Karen Gillan (his companion Amy Pond).

You'd think this would be a Wii Sports expnansion, considering all the running you'll be doing in it.

Almost finished with The Keys of Marinus, (Chef/Judges, yes!). Next up in my trek through the classic series The Twin Dilemma and The Time Meddler.

(Twin Dilemma is supposed to be utter babychest but I'll probably hold it in esteem only for it is a Colin Baker story :w00t: .)

Well, they were half right

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2010/08_august/29/doctor.shtml

The BBC and Steven Moffat have announced today that the transmission of the next series of Doctor Who, in 2011, will be split into two blocks, transmitting in spring and autumn.

If they end the first half with an important cliffhanger, I'll be okay with this.

Unless it's some kinda bullshit cliffhanger like River Song pointing a gun at The Doctor and pulling the trigger. Also, I feel like the Christmas special will be a little less special as a result. Before, it was this oasis in a desert of Wholessness. Now, it's more something we get in the middle of a break.

This is only a good thing. Helps spread it all out a bit, makes those 6 episode stretches mean more, plus like they said, it means we don't go months and months without new Who. I approve.

I was saying to a friend, if they slot Torchwood in between, it will keep Who in peoples minds. I half mind this, and half think it's not bad. So, I'll wait to see it practice.

I just hope they don't become smart arses and release series 6 of Dr Who the following way:

Series 6: Volume 1, a few episodes per DVD.

Series: Complete series. Episodes 1-6

Series 7: Complete series. Episodes 1-6.

That's my fear, too. I hate split-season box sets, so I won't be happy if the BBC does it.

Same here, but if they want to get the first part of the season in the stores in time for Christmas, that may be what we're looking at. They may just release the vanilla discs and wait for the very end for the big box set, like they usually do now.