The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some casting news from the BBC site...a character from last series returns. There was the name in the URL so i'm using tinyurl so noone will be spoiled if they don't want (altho casting spoilers are hard to avoid). My thoughts under the spoiler tag

http://tinyurl.com/6x5njey

There's some unanswered questions left from "The Lodger"...The time machine being the major one...where did it come from? where did it go?

I thought at the time that it seemed like part of an incomplete arc.

Something interesting occurred to me today, whilst rewatching BLINK (which I do every couple of months).

The Angels are all facing each other so they are frozen. But that depends on the overhead light being on all the time. What happens when the bulb goes or the power fails? Neither of which are out of the realm of possibility...

Something interesting occurred to me today, whilst rewatching BLINK (which I do every couple of months).

The Angels are all facing each other so they are frozen. But that depends on the overhead light being on all the time. What happens when the bulb goes or the power fails? Neither of which are out of the realm of possibility...

I disagree...the angels can obviously see in the dark (they can advance on a human in the dark because the human can't see, but they can obviously see where the human is) so even if the bulb goes they will still be able to see each other. That's my reading of it anyway

I disagree...the angels can obviously see in the dark (they can advance on a human in the dark because the human can't see, but they can obviously see where the human is) so even if the bulb goes they will still be able to see each other. That's my reading of it anyway

But if the dark doesn't affect their vision how come they could advance as a group? The ones at the front would be frozen by the ones at the back. In fact, only which ever one is at the back would actually be able to advance.

Not strictly Doctor Who news, but for anyone outside the UK who wants to watch it (or Confidential, or any other BBC show)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitaltv/news/a306770/bbc-global-iplayer-to-cost-less-than-usd10.html

BBC director general Mark Thompson has revealed that the international BBC iPlayer iPad app will cost less than $10 (£6.13) a month when it launches later in the year.

Speaking at the FT Digital Media & Broadcasting conference in London today, Thompson also confirmed that global iPlayer will launch on iPads "definitely this year".

He said that overseas consumers will be able to subscribe to the app for "a small number of dollars per month, definitely fewer than 10", reports The Guardian.

Alongside catch-up TV services, the international iPlayer app - being developed by BBC Wordwide - will also offer the opportunity to browse and watch archive BBC programming.

Okay, Beeb... it's March... you can announce the start of Series Six any time now...

It usually starts Easter weekend. Or has done since the show came back. So hopefully they won't try and buck the trend, as that is a great time to bring the show back on air, as it's second to only Christmas as the biggest TV time of the year here in the UK.

But yeah, BBC move your asses and say it's Easter Saturday.

Dave and I recorded the 4th episode of Shake & Blake this evening and, on account of the Who count, I now know what the Alpha Cenaturi looks like.

Seriously, what the fuck?

Yeah. Reportedly, when the director first saw it, he exclaimed, "It looks like a prick."

So the designer went away and redressed it.

At which point the director said, "Great. Now it looks like a prick in a cape."