The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Generic American Agent" was Dichen Lachman, aka main cast member Sierra from Dollhouse.

Didn't watch Dollhouse past the first couple of episodes so I didn't recognise her, sorry. And I have no idea who's in 'Miracle Day' other than Jack and Gwen... because I wasn't really interested. :)

To be honest I haven't watched Torchwood since midway through the first season, other than the episodes Martha was in. It just didn't grab me much at all, but I stuck with it longer than most series I don't really like, mostly because of Eve Myles. But then they got her involved with Owen and I just couldn't take it any more.

The mini-series was good, but the full seasons themselves are pretty mixed. There's a lot of utter tosh, but then they blow you away with something like Adrift.

The mini-series is far and away the best thing Torchwood has ever done, as long as you have a liberal tolerance of what they get up to with cement.

The mini-series was good, but the full seasons themselves are pretty mixed. There's a lot of utter tosh, but then they blow you away with something like Adrift.

The mini-series is far and away the best thing Torchwood has ever done, as long as you have a liberal tolerance of what they get up to with cement.

If you're going to play fast and loose with the technical aspects you're going to get called out on it. I'm sure if they incorrectly indexed a museum you'd be all over it.

I just did this at another forum, so I figured I'd post it here as well: the ranking of my favorite Doctors.

1. Colin Baker

2. Matt Smith

3. David Tennant

4. Tom Baker

5. Patrick Troughton

6. Christopher Eccleston

7. Sylvester McCoy

8. Jon Pertwee

9. Peter Davison

10. William Hartnell

11. Paul McGann

This is always changing, but as of right now:

01. Matt Smith

02. Jon Pertwee

03. Christopher Eccleston

04. David Tennant

05. Tom Baker

06. Patrick Troughton

07. Paul McGann

08. William Hartnell

I can't rank Peter Davison, Colin Baker, and Sylvester McCoy, because I've only seen one story each.

I'm basing mine off of what I've seen of each. This is prone to change when i see more of the classic series.

1) David Tennant

2) Colin Baker

3) Matt Smith

4) Jon Pertwee

5) Patrick Troughton

6) William Hartnell

7) Tom Baker

8) Paul McGann

9) Christopher Eccleston

I haven't seen enough McCoy or Peter Davison to really say all that much on them. Looking to remedy that shortly.

1. Matt Smith

2. Tom Baker

3. David Tennant

4. Patrick Troughton

5. Peter Davison

6. Christoper Eccleston

7. Colin Baker

8. William Hartnell

9. Paul McGann

10. Sylvester McCoy

11. Jon Pertwee

Mine is based SOLELY on televised adventures, which is why Colin is as low on the list as he is. As for Tom, he's as high as he is mainly on the back of his first three years. (Mike, I'm surprised to see him so low on your list.)

Awesome stuff

It's funny to me that none of the gang stopped to think about the potential consequences of getting rid of the Silence. If they've been there forever, presumably removing them will have some overall larger impact on the habitat of earth that can't be predicted. Aside from all that, they're ordering a race extermination based on what amounts to an assessment of these guy's poor social skills. They were born this way, I'm sure they aren't all evil per se, just governed by a morality system that's dictated by the basic response all humans give them- terror. Plus their actions are probably dictated by self preservation above all, and humans do far worse than the Silence do every day in the name of that.

Really what this demonstrates is a hardline xenophobic attitude towards immigrants.

Basically. You notice how the only villains in Who that he doesn't want to kill are the Silurians? It's because they were there first, so he can't claim they came over and took jobs. All the rest he's fine with killing and exterminating.

Timelash - This story has blue androids with blonde hair and annoying voices, guards in beekeeper outfits, and giant penis worms. It has one of the most blatant douchebags you will ever see. The main villain is a mustache twirler who is built up as if he's deserving of a big reveal, but when the reveal happens, the make-up and character himself are laughably awful. Oh, and the main villain's master plan is to turn Peri into a monster like himself and then mate with her. If you've called a Doctor Who story terrible and haven't seen this, you don't know what terrible in Doctor Who is.