The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Doctor: I don't suppose you've completely ignored my instructions and secretly prepared any Nitro-9, have you?

Ace: What if I had?

The Doctor: Naturally, you wouldn't do anything so insanely dangerous as to carry it around with you, would you?

Ace: Of course not. I'm a good girl. I do what I'm told.

The Doctor: Excellent. Blow up that vehicle.

I love the Seventh Doctor/Ace era so much.

The Doctor: I don't suppose you've completely ignored my instructions and secretly prepared any Nitro-9, have you?

Ace: What if I had?

The Doctor: Naturally, you wouldn't do anything so insanely dangerous as to carry it around with you, would you?

Ace: Of course not. I'm a good girl. I do what I'm told.

The Doctor: Excellent. Blow up that vehicle.

I love the Seventh Doctor/Ace era so much.

Me too :) Ace was just awesome!

Something that just got pointed out to me:

The symbol for the Clerics involves an Omega symbol.

demonsrun.jpg

I'm starting to wonder, could all this be leading up to the return of Omega? It would make sense, especially if he was behind the exploding TARDIS last season. If he's still in the anti-matter universe then, theoretically, he could escape if our universe is just an empty void that he can then reshape to his own delight. Also, considering that he was the one to develop the entire idea of using a black hole to power a TARDIS, it would be easy to use that to blow one up.

So the Doctor Who forums are abuzz about some comments made by Danny Cohen (Controller of BBC1), in which he suggests that there won't be a full series next year. He was giving a talk at a conference (search for #cmn11 on twitter)

Danny Cohen says there won't be a full series of Doctor Who in 2012, but a special run for the anniversary in 2013. #cmn11

Limited episodes of Dr Who in 2012 says Danny Cohen - gets a boo at #cmn11

Danny Cohen says Dr Who break is because Stephen Moffat needs to work on Sherlock! Good to have both on the Beeb! #cmn11

@DrWho gets only a limited series in 2012 because apparently @steven_moffat needs to sleep!!! #cmn11

Really? That goes against what both the BBC and Moffat have already announced for 2012.

Yep, you'd think between them that Moffat, the BBC Press Office and the Controller of BBC1 (who is literally the head guy a the channel) could get a story straight...unless something has changed in the last week or so.

Of course, let's look on the bright side....it could mean that they delay the 2012 series till Autumn, maybe show 6 or 7 episodes, then show the remaining episodes in early 2013, and a full series in the Autumn, leading up to 23rd November (which lands on a Saturday) with a 50th anniversary special. ah, i can dream can't I :-)