The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My friend Juan is watching "Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead," and he just pointed out to me that in "Forest of the Dead," River says:

Yes, The Doctor's here. He came when I called just like he always does. But not "my" Doctor. Now my Doctor, I've seen whole armies turn and run away.

I suspect this is because:

1) Next year is the London Olympics. The BBC will show wall to wall coverage as usual and this will utterly screw up the show schedules. Personally I will attempt to be out of the country.

2) Arthur and Karen have other work lined up (two movies for Karen and at least Dr Faustus on stage for Arthur) and they want them back. Or Matt has been getting other work and wants to go off and do it.

3) With the BBC budget being drastically reduced corporation wide, they simply can no longer afford to make so many episodes.

A thought about "A Good Man Goes to War"

River couldn't show up until the end when she did because if she showed up any earlier, she would have crossed her time stream. That and the "Timey Wimey" stuff.

That, and does anyone remember what happened when adult Rose touched baby Rose? And with a 'complicated time/space event' like River, who knows what might have happened if she'd even been in the same room...

Dubs, again. C2E2 2012. We can all try to cosplay/crossdress as a Doctor or Companion. :P

I'm thinking out cosplay costumes right now. The problem with companions is that, as Patrick said last year at the con, companions are hard since they tend to be less remarkable than the Doctor or any villain. The problem for all this is that is necessitates shaving. Honestly, the Master is the only character I could get away with my goatee.