The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Next Monday the BBC will release a special Prequel to the second half of the 2011 series of Doctor Who.

The Prequel to Let's Kill Hitler will be available exclusively on the official BBC Doctor Who site.

Written by series show-runner Steven Moffat, the short episode will bridge episodes 7 and 8, showing how the Doctor and Amy are feeling following the events of A Good Man Goes to War.

The official site promises humour, drama and a heart-breaking moment.

The BBC has yet to confirm an official date for the return of Doctor Who in the UK.

Source

What's odd is that the video says Doctor Who will "Return Soon." No date is given. I thought it was coming back on 27 August. Has that changed?

The August 27th date was confirmed by BBC America. The BBC have yet to officially confirm anything.

What's odd is that the video says Doctor Who will "Return Soon." No date is given. I thought it was coming back on 27 August. Has that changed?

The August 27th date was confirmed by BBC America. The BBC have yet to officially confirm anything.

They probably won't till the Saturday before, because that would be too forward, and the'll probably fear that people will forget it is on.

Arthur Darvill has confirmed to SFX that Rory Williams will be back in series seven of Doctor Who, but remains tight-lipped about how much he’ll be appearing and in what capacity.

Darvill revealed the nugget of information in an interview that we’ll be publishing later this month, but as he’ll be part of the Q&A for the press screening of “Let’s Kill Hitler Tonight”, and we guess he’ll be asked the same question there, we thought we’d get the news posted first.

When we asked him bluntly, “Will you back in series seven?” Darvill replied, “I will be coming back at some point… There is an involvement in some way.” And that’s all he would say, not wanting to leak any spoilers.

Karen Gillan has already indicated that she’ll be involved in series seven, but again, has given no guarantee that she’ll be in all episodes.

Does this, then, give credence to the story in The Star that (spoiler warning) Rory and Amy would leave the TARDIS crew at the end of this series, but still make appearances in Earthbound, contemporary stories? Your guess is as good as ours. But the final episode of series six will not be the last we see of Rory. Hurrah!

Source

I've said this before but I really hope the BBC don't try putting Doctor Who up against the UK X-Factor.

Here in the UK, X-Factor is an unbeatable juggernaut. It rules Saturday and Sunday nights; any show that it put on against doesn't have much chance of being watched. Last year the Beeb put Strictly Come Dancing (or something like it) on at the same time and its ratings sucked. It runs from... well now, till Christmas to ensure that the X-Factor winner takes the coveted Xmas number one slot.

As long as DW doesn't infringe on X-Factor's running time, everything will be fine. If it runs past 7pm, viewing figures will plummet like a stone.

I've said this before but I really hope the BBC don't try putting Doctor Who up against the UK X-Factor.

Here in the UK, X-Factor is an unbeatable juggernaut. It rules Saturday and Sunday nights; any show that it put on against doesn't have much chance of being watched. Last year the Beeb put Strictly Come Dancing (or something like it) on at the same time and its ratings sucked. It runs from... well now, till Christmas to ensure that the X-Factor winner takes the coveted Xmas number one slot.

As long as DW doesn't infringe on X-Factor's running time, everything will be fine. If it runs past 7pm, viewing figures will plummet like a stone.

I think they'll run Who at about 6PM so's to not time clash with X-Factor.

Personally, I feel "Vincent and The Doctor" should have won.

I like that one better, too, but I think the problem with it is that it only really gets great at the very end; everything else is just silliness.

I agree as well, but I think part of it is that Hugo voters like to give the award to Moffat whenever possible.

I like that one better, too, but I think the problem with it is that it only really gets great at the very end; everything else is just silliness.

I agree as well, but I think part of it is that Hugo voters like to give the award to Moffat whenever possible.

Which will conflict them to death next year when they have to decide between giving it to which one of their sweethearts, Moffat or Gaiman?

Which will conflict them to death next year when they have to decide between giving it to which one of their sweethearts, Moffat or Gaiman?

No kidding, but I think in voters minds, Gaiman > Moffat.

There have been reports of budget cuts being behind the BBC’s decision not to air a full season of Doctor Who during 2012—

Absolute nonsense. First of all, we are airing in 2012. The only thing that’s happening is that we’re moving a bit later...There’s lots of reasons for that that will become clear quite soon...It is certainly not a reduced episode count. Do you think the BBC would really let that happen? With an average audience of 10 million?…Doctor Who’s international profile is huge. It’s never been more successful. You’re not going to reduce a show like this. The opposite is going to happen, in fact.

That clears that up.