The Doctor Who thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We also know that Melody / River didn't kill The Doctor on the beach. If you watch the scene once more, you can tell she has no memory of that moment. Everything that's happening is a shock to her. Additionally, she tries to kill the astronaut. If that were her younger self, she wouldn't have shot at her.

So, piggybacking off of what you said, damndirtyape, I'm wondering if the astronaut is a Tesselecta. A possible clue in that direction is that we know River is an expert marksmen, so she must have shot it. However, those things can take bullets without harm. Just as the astronaut did.

I was leaning towards the astronaut being the Tesselecta. Still doesn't get round the fact he is still dead after that encounter.

Gonna be fun finding out.

I wonder if the Tesselecta is the dead Doctor, and the real Doctor is the one inside the spacesuit.

It's doubtful, but it's an idea.

That would be an intersting way around things, but we saw the dead Doctor start to regenerate.

First British spoiler-free review! :teatime:

I liked this a lot. And whilst I liked Let's Kill Hitler, I could see where the niggles were for you Americans that hate everything. In this one, because continuity takes a backseat, Mark Gatiss is given the chance to tell a very effective chiller. Smith was superb as per usual, and the woman from The Lakes (a 90s BBC drama with John "The Dancing Master" Simm) turned up for a cameo!

I liked this a lot. And whilst I liked Let's Kill Hitler, I could see where the niggles were for you Americans that hate everything. In this one, because continuity takes a backseat, Mark Gatiss is given the chance to tell a very effective chiller. Smith was superb as per usual, and the woman from The Lakes (a 90s BBC drama with John "The Dancing Master" Simm) turned up for a cameo!

Second British spoiler free review! :teatime:

I hated it. I was incredibly bored by this episode, it wasn't as much a horror episode as it wanted to be, and just sort of came across as a space filler.

Not a horrible episode, just meandering, and very middle of the road, and just sort of comes to a conclusion, and leaves you feeling a bit ripped off.

Smith was fantastic as always, but it just wasn't that great.

Next weeks however, looks really good.

Second British spoiler free review! :teatime:

I hated it. I was incredibly bored by this episode, it wasn't as much a horror episode as it wanted to be, and just sort of came across as a space filler.

Not a horrible episode, just meandering, and very middle of the road, and just sort of comes to a conclusion, and leaves you feeling a bit ripped off.

Smith was fantastic as always, but it just wasn't that great.

Next weeks however, looks really good.

I agree with the SuaveStar, although I didn't hate it. It was just ho hum. Everyone was great as usual but the episode lacked something. Scares, Suspense and ideas beyond the initial concept.

And yes next weeks episode looks cool.

Also does anyone know if all of Gatiss's Stories are premises given to him like the Victory of the Daleks and he writes them or are any of them his original idea. Because I get the feeling he is a stronger writer than this story is allowing him to be.

Also does anyone know if all of Gatiss's Stories are premises given to him like the Victory of the Daleks and he writes them or are any of them his original idea. Because I get the feeling he is a stronger writer than this story is allowing him to be.

Gatiss is hit and miss with me. The Unquiet Dead was awesome, The Idiot's Lantern was significantly less awesome, and the less said about Victory of the Daleks, the better. He's a very, very good writer (I've seen other thing's he's done) and don't understand why his Doctor Who work seems so erratic.

Gatiss is hit and miss with me. The Unquiet Dead was awesome, The Idiot's Lantern was significantly less awesome, and the less said about Victory of the Daleks, the better. He's a very, very good writer (I've seen other thing's he's done) and don't understand why his Doctor Who work seems so erratic.

Exactly. It really baffles me. I look forward to his episodes because of his other work outside of Doctor Who and I am still waiting for him to knock one out of the park.