Batman R.I.P. - SPOILERS

Koete

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Batman #681 - November 5

I doubt it will be a rush job at the end. The last issue has even been extended to 40 pages.

Oh thank god, as that was my one real gripe with the Hush story arc.

It is annoying how this story took like 4 issues just to actually make a bit of sense, and even then I'm still lost.

Have you been reading Final Crisis? Morrison is keeping really hard not to be lost on that one.

I only really read Batman, cause I'm horribly cheap and terrible with names de....Stan.

How is Final Crisis? I read what I think was the first issue of it, and said "Right......that's ten minutes I'll never see again."

Once you figure out the plot is basically Barry Allen coming back to stop Darkseid from conquering Earth it makes a lot more sense, and is a lot easier to read.

My biggest problem with this story arc is that Robin seems to be the only comic than Batman in all the RIP tie ins that seem to be following some type of parralel timing. Nightwing and The Outsiders seem to be after and Detective Comics is appearently before. Then there is the fact that Batman is in Final Crisis which Morrison says is after RIP, but in the other comics that are supposed to be RIP Batman is gone. So my confusion at this point is not Morrison's main story in Batman, but the story they are trying to tell around it.

To be fair, Marvel's doing that with Secret Invasion. Was there really a need for a Jackpot-centric Secret Invasion miniseries? No, but it has the SI banner, so it will sell.

But for the secret invasion, is the only thing linking that story saying a character who is currently in the main story?

Cause here's Heart of Hush's link into R.I.P?

Catwoman-I hear your with that Jezebel girl, is it serious?

Batman-Early days, she's out of town right now.

And that's it.

Ok, I haven't read any of this storyline yet, all I want to know is; what is the deal with a "New" Batman and Robin cover coming soon? I found the article on Batman on Film(the image wouldn't show though).

This story arc is the end of Bruce Wayne as Batman. Whether he dies or not is what is being left up in the air as of this point.

It means that Batman that we know right now will rest in peace. He will lose this fight, but Bruce may still fight on as batman but be different from The Batman we know now.

Oh and what I said before about deciding to pick up Nightwing from now on, well I read the latest issue, and yeah I've changed my mind.

The only thing I really liked in the latest issue of R.I.P was the explanation of why the hell Bat-Mite and answering what the 5th dimension really is.

It means that Batman that we know right now will rest in peace. He will lose this fight, but Bruce may still fight on as batman but be different from The Batman we know now.

Oh and what I said before about deciding to pick up Nightwing from now on, well I read the latest issue, and yeah I've changed my mind.

The only thing I really liked in the latest issue of R.I.P was the explanation of why the hell Bat-Mite and answering what the 5th dimension really is.

Wait, I thought that either Dick or Tim was going to be Batman until the Neil Gaiman story.

Wait, I thought that either Dick or Tim was going to be Batman until the Neil Gaiman story.

Wait what!?

That's just personally what I think will happen at the end of this arc.

Can I ask, I just read Batman and Son, and that arc links onto this one, has the Joker appeared since Batman and Son in Batman?

Oh and what does everyone think of the Jokers look as I personally think its a bit shit.

He has to return to being Batman in time for the events of Final Crisis, which I believe is his true last hurrah as Batman. As I understand it Final Crisis takes place after RIP, and Batman has already been shown to be involved.

I don't know who I want as the new Batman. I still think Tim is too young, we don't need a repeat of the Flash situation with Bart. Nightwing would be a better fit probably just because even though he's done it before this would be a more permenant transition and even if he only held it for a couple of years it would really up Dick's stock in the overall universe to where it really should be. Plus Nightwing is an atrocious book, or at least it has been whenever I've read it.

Of course if some blackboard clues are to be believed Jean Paul Valley is still alive...