Batman R.I.P. - SPOILERS

Koete

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it was alright.

Not the best pay off ever, but it was nice....

I may have to read it again tio get these answers:

Damian arrived in the batmobile with Alfred, and Tali called him the son of Batman, couldn't somoen put two and two together.

The sun mentioned the R.I.P story on the corner of page three today in about three lines, no one cared.

I reread this and I think I have it figured out.

In the beginning Batman is talking to some guy about his Dark Master. The guy's eyes are all red glowy. This story arc is ending in Final Crisis. Hurt is working for Darkseid and was using some wacky rich people's club to get at Batman which Batman figured out and all will be revealed in Final Crisis.

You probably need to read Morrison's whole run for it to make sense actually.

Well. I already have the black glove and son trades.

I read them a few days ago and I sort of know what is going on, but still may have to just look up wikipedia and see if they can make sense of it.

My favourite story arc from batman is still under the hood. Though I still hate the reality punch explaniation, but I'm not a big enough fan for that to make sense to me.

The issues make more sense now that i could read them back to back, though they do take place so far apart and it isn't a flowing moment as it is a rocky time period in my eyes, if that makes sense.

I enjoyed the end that called back to Morrisons entire run thus far, though I do have a few queries:

If damian and Talia are at Wayne manor looking for Batman, doesn't that give gordon a clue as to who Batman is? When batman is put in his best suit, wouldn't the Joker now know who batman is. Why did the Black glove not kill Alfred? It was nice seeing the third batman who caused bruce's heart attack again.

If damian and Talia are at Wayne manor looking for Batman, doesn't that give gordon a clue as to who Batman is? When batman is put in his best suit, wouldn't the Joker now know who batman is. Why did the Black glove not kill Alfred? It was nice seeing the third batman who caused bruce's heart attack again.

Gordon probably already knew, Joker probably doesn't care, and killing Alfred would be suspicious if they wanted to make him out to be a sexual deviant drug fiend along with the Waynes.

I have not been following this story, but I picked up the final chapter today.

This is the only chapter in the series I have read.

Batman does not die. There is no body, so he's not dead.

I have no idea what all the fuss is about, since he's not dead.

I have not been following this story, but I picked up the final chapter today.

This is the only chapter in the series I have read.

Batman does not die. There is no body, so he's not dead.

I have no idea what all the fuss is about, since he's not dead.

This isn't the final chapter so much though.

OK, so now I find out that Mrrison has two more issues to go. For the love of christ! Theres no freakin' point in boycotting these so close to the big events and I want to be able to pick up and understand the post-Morrison run so I need them. Its just, I was told that was it, bit as far as I can tell RIP has achieved F-all and Final Crisis is going to be the genuine end of Batman. What BS false marketing was this? RIP was no more the death of Batman than any other story that claims that "Nothing will ever be the same again".

You gotta respect Brubaker, at least he took Cap out, fatal gunshots and all. Morrison is just dicking around. To quote Blackadder-

Percy: He must be on his last legs by now, My Lord.

Edmund: Yes, but how many sets of legs has that man got? Really, I wish he'd make up his mind -- either he dies, or he lives forever! It's this shilly-shallying that's so undignified.