Juggernaut Vs. Sabretooth

Fat DJ

Who wins?  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, so I was reading Ultimate X Men, and Juggernaut and Sabretooth were working together, and Sabretooth said something along the lines of "Tell me what to do again, and I'll have your ears on my victory necklace". To that, I went "What the hell?"

I don't think that in a straight up, single unarmed fight, Sabretooth could take Juggernaut. Really, I would see Juggernaut sending Sabretooth into orbit, and having Sabretooth suffocate before he burns up on re-entry. But tell me what you think. Juggy's wearing his skull cap, and Sabretooth has his adamantium claws. (All 4 of them, of course he isn't a Wolverine ripoff! :P )

Sabretooth could hypothetically eviscerate Juggernaut, though. I think it's the skullcap/helmet that can't be cut through, but that doesn't cover Juggernaut's organs, does it? So, Sabretooth could gouge out Juggernaut's heart, basically.

Plus, doesn't the ruby of Cyttorak that gave Juggernaut his powers reside inside of Juggernaut? So, if Juggernaut can be cut open (and I think he can be where his helmet doesn't cover him) the ruby could be removed, and Juggernaut is scrizzewed. I think Sabretooth is taller than Juggernaut, so he has the reach advantage too-made even more of an advantage when you consider an extra foot and a half to two feet of claws.

It would be a fucking great fight if done right in a book.

Now, if I had said Wolverine, would it be the same thing?

For me, If I had said Wolverine instead of Sabretooth, this becomes more lopsided for Juggernaut, as Juggernaut has the reach and heigh advantage, too. But then there would be INSANEO FANBOY POWER to swing the vote in Logan's direction.

Edit: I took a picture of the page that Sabretooth lays down the challenge, just because they both look so damned badass. Especially Sabretooth. Forgive my ghettoness, I don't have a scanner.

100_5882.jpg

C'mon, totally badass.

I think Sabretooth is taller than Juggernaut, so he has the reach advantage too-made even more of an advantage when you consider an extra foot and a half to two feet of claws.

Actually, according to Marvel Encyclopedia Vol. 2: X-Men, Juggernaut is 6'10" and 900 lbs. and Sabertooth is 6'6" and 275 lbs. However, they often portray Juggernaut as being over seven feet tall. And 'Tooth only looks bigger than he is because he's always paired against the 5'3" Wolverine.

Now, if I had said Wolverine, would it be the same thing?

For me, If I had said Wolverine instead of Sabretooth, this becomes more lopsided for Juggernaut, as Juggernaut has the reach and heigh advantage, too. But then there would be INSANEO FANBOY POWER to swing the vote in Logan's direction.

Edit: I took a picture of the page that Sabretooth lays down the challenge, just because they both look so damned badass. Especially Sabretooth. Forgive my ghettoness, I don't have a scanner.

100_5882.jpg

C'mon, totally badass.

I agree about the fanboy power. Logan has a huge rabid fanbase. He's no slouch, but Juggenaut is Juggernaut. He didn't get the name Unstoppable for no reason. Wolvie and Sabretooth both go splat against Jugs.

To Yoda:

Either way, his 2 foot long claws nullify a reach difference of a couple inches. By the way, forums don't use HTML. :D

I agree about the fanboy power. Logan has a huge rabid fanbase. He's no slouch, but Juggenaut is Juggernaut. He didn't get the name Unstoppable for no reason. Wolvie and Sabretooth both go splat against Jugs.

I don't see it as a Sabresplat, though. I think it'd be very close, at least.

Edited by Fat DJ

To Yoda:

Either way, his 2 foot long claws nullify a reach difference of a couple inches. By the way, forums don't use HTML. :D

I don't see it as a Sabresplat, though. I think it'd be very close, at least.

Oh. I thought that you meant it would be close, provided that he's able to get through the non-helmet parts of the suit.

Not to sound dumb, but when did 'Tooth get claws? He always had adamantium bones and nails, but I don't recall claws. (Unless you mean the Ultimate version, whom I can't recall right now.)

Either way, his 2 foot long claws nullify a reach difference of a couple inches. By the way, forums don't use HTML.  :D

Not to sound dumb, but when did 'Tooth get claws? He always had adamantium bones and nails, but I don't recall claws. (Unless you mean the Ultimate version, whom I can't recall right now.)

He's got 4 adamantium claws on each hand in Ultimate X Men, as well as adamantium talons and teeth, in addition to his bones.

Oh. I thought that you meant it would be close, provided that he's able to get through the non-helmet parts of the suit.

Yeah, like stab him in the heart.

Either way, his 2 foot long claws nullify a reach difference of a couple inches. By the way, forums don't use HTML.  :D

He's got 4 adamantium claws on each hand in Ultimate X Men, as well as adamantium talons and teeth, in addition to his bones.

Yeah, like stab him in the heart.

Stabbing him in the heart is genius. I'd have tried to cut his helmet off and then take his head.

Stabbing him in the heart is genius.  I'd have tried to cut his helmet off and then take his head.

I just read that he is invulnerable, but to what degree I do not know. So cutting his heart out (or even slashing his throat after removing the helmet) might prove impossible.

Besides giving him vast superhuman strength, the mystical energy of Cyttorak gives the Juggernaut an extraordinary degree of resistance to all forms of injury. The Juggernaut can shield himself even further from injury by mentally surrounding himself with a force field. Enveloped by his force field, the Juggernaut has survived the fiery explosion of a truck transporting a huge quantity of oil without any injury whatsoever.

The Juggernaut can survive indefinitely without food, water, or oxygen. He is sustained by his mystical energies alone.

This doesn't make him invincible, though.

It's sort of like Unstoppable force vs. Immovable object.

From Marvel.com

The Juggernaut possesses untold power, mystical in nature, which enhances his strength and grants him an extraordinary degree of resistance to all forms of injury. Once he begins moving in a certain direction, no force on Earth can stop him -- only slow his pace. Sustained by the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak, Cain Marko can survive indefinitely without food, water or oxygen. However, Juggernaut is vulnerable to magical forces of sufficient strength. Without his helmet, constructed of an unknown mystical metal, he is susceptible to psionic attack.

Supernatural strength

Invulnerability

Telepathy-blocking helmet