The DCAU news thread

Koete

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

As an update, I was just checking the La La Land Records site on the off chance that they're announcing the release of something similar for another DCAU project. (That's right. I'm on tenterhooks awaiting the release of "The Zeta Project" score. Well, that and trying to figure out what "tenterhooks" means). Anyways, the BTAS score was a limited edition of 3000 copies. Suprise, suprise - all sold out. Bad news - if you haven't gotten it yet, you have to wait for a rerelease (unless you're...shall we say...suave). Good news - hopefully this will convince whoever makes these decisions that if you sell out in a month, maybe there possibly could be a bit of a market here, and we'll get some more releases.

Chris

Guest DCAUFan1051
As an update, I was just checking the La La Land Records site on the off chance that they're announcing the release of something similar for another DCAU project. (That's right. I'm on tenterhooks awaiting the release of "The Zeta Project" score. Well, that and trying to figure out what "tenterhooks" means). Anyways, the BTAS score was a limited edition of 3000 copies. Suprise, suprise - all sold out. Bad news - if you haven't gotten it yet, you have to wait for a rerelease (unless you're...shall we say...suave). Good news - hopefully this will convince whoever makes these decisions that if you sell out in a month, maybe there possibly could be a bit of a market here, and we'll get some more releases.

Chris

yeah thanks Chris I actually saw the news story on worldsfinestonline.com but was to tired to post the link about it :D

• 3 weeks later...
It says Mike and James will be doing the next shows for the podcast

JL

TT

JLU

so when will they be doing Static Shock, Zeta Project and the web-i-sodes Gotham Girls and Lobo?

It's Zeta right after BB.

Batman Beyond (plus Return of the Joker)

- Gotham Girls and Lobo (webtoons; this will take one, maybe two episodes)

- The Zeta Project

- Static Shock

- Justice League

- Teen Titans (plus Trouble in Tokyo)

- Justice League Unlimited

Hope that helps man.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

Zeta Info

in the above interview we learn that

Absolute Zero was supposed to be the Season 1 finale not the Season 2 Opener..

just figured I'd post this as I just found it and the release is tomorrow..... Still no word yet on Static DVD's :cry:

Guest DCAUFan1051

went to target today to look at new dvd's and everything they had Zeta for $20 I almost got it..... but I said nah there's other stuff I want first.

Guest DCAUFan1051

hey I have a question about the JL & JLU sets.... the sets I have every so often the DVD's will pop out of the pegs that hold them in when I take them off the shelf. Is this just with the sets I bought or does everyone's do that from time to time?

La La Land Records, who finally gave us a BTAS soundtrack, are re-releasing the Mask of the Phantasm soundtrack. It's currently available on iTunes, but is only about 35 minutes of music. The new release is 62 minutes, so almost twice as much music, plus a 20 page booklet that I'll never read because the only way I use CDs is as fodder for my iPod, but someone else might like it. Still no JL soundtrack, but the fact that they're releasing more DCAU music is encouraging.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Still no JL soundtrack, but the fact that they're releasing more DCAU music is encouraging.

I asked James Harvey over at Worlds Finest Online about the possibilty of a JL & JLU Soundtrack set he said la la land has plans for that eventually

Guest DCAUFan1051

I just realized that I didn't get a email notification from la la land records on my purchase of B:MOTP soundtrack. The purchase has been deducted from my account but no email was sent out. Has anyone that ordered the BTAS CD had this same issue? Let me know please :D

Guest DCAUFan1051
:shocked: I just found out the one DCAU show that Bruce Timm had nothing to do with...

Static Shock

. I thought he had a hand in all the shows. I saw all the Crossover episodes this past sunday. Ones with Batman, Superman, and the Justice League and after watching them it leaves me wondering where they fall into the continuity?

:shocked: I just found out the one DCAU show that Bruce Timm had nothing to do with...

Static Shock

. I thought he had a hand in all the shows. I saw all the Crossover episodes this past sunday. Ones with Batman, Superman, and the Justice League and after watching them it leaves me wondering where they fall into the continuity?

Static Shock was originally not a DCAU property. It only became tied in with the DCAU after those guest appearances. There was a bit of retconning that had to be done and some confusion considering that Superman was once treated as a fictional character in that Static Shock universe.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Static Shock

Static Shock was originally not a DCAU property. It only became tied in with the DCAU after those guest appearances. There was a bit of retconning that had to be done and some confusion considering that Superman was once treated as a fictional character in that Static Shock universe.

ahh thanks... I actually like the static uniform he has in the crossovers.