The DCAU news thread

Koete

To be fair, it's kinda understandable that Static wasn't originally part of the DCAU. The original comic, while a DC property, was not in the DC Universe. He is now which I would almost put because animated Static was integrated that well into the DCAU. That all said, I will defend Static's place in the DCAU because, frankly, it brings something to it that we didn't get before: an actual minority voice. Steele was in two episodes and Max in Batman Beyond was, well, kinda useless. Even Richie, the major white character on Static, was later said to have been intended to be gay, something that I can remember getting any place else in the series outside of Matt Hagen and his assistant in Feet of Clay. Anyway, I'll get off my soap box.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, it's kinda understandable that Static wasn't originally part of the DCAU. The original comic, while a DC property, was not in the DC Universe. He is now which I would almost put because animated Static was integrated that well into the DCAU. That all said, I will defend Static's place in the DCAU because, frankly, it brings something to it that we didn't get before: an actual minority voice. Steele was in two episodes and Max in Batman Beyond was, well, kinda useless. Even Richie, the major white character on Static, was later said to have been intended to be gay, something that I can remember getting any place else in the series outside of Matt Hagen and his assistant in Feet of Clay. Anyway, I'll get off my soap box.

In the comic the show was loosely bassed off of, richie was gay.

What about Jon Stewart? Oddly enough, Phil Lamarr voiced both Static and GL.

Forgot about John Stewart. John Stewart is there as well as Mr. Terrific and Vixen in JLU. That said, Static did start airing first and was the first superhero minority regular in the DCAU. Technically though, you are correct as well since the episode that officially made Static part of the DCAU, "The Big Leagues," came after the first episode of Justice League. Regardless, I am looking forward to Static when you get to it in WFP.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

Just got my BTAS 2 CD Set about 10 mins ago from the mailman WOW.... I sooo can't wait to see what la la land does next in the DCAU releases... was the alternate BTAS title on Disc 2 the new batman aventures theme?

Guest DCAUFan1051

I so hope if they do another BTAS CD that they put The Forgotten on there I always liked that music in that episode. On a slightly different note BTAS CD in GTA! I put The Last Laugh main title in my User Tracks for San Andreas it's weird hearing it going through the city.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

TVShowsOnDVD just announced STAS Complete Seris DVDs

EDIT: After looking at the article further I'm not so excited anymore. There's only 1 new bonus feature and it's the same dual sided discs ugh. :shakehead::cry: at least the BTAS Complete Series Set had a few new features . If Justice League/JLU ever has a complete series they better not shaft that show on bonus material.

Guest DCAUFan1051

OK this I'm really excited about, let's hope I'm not let down like with the S:TAS Complete Series. World'sFinestOnline just posted a story this morning about the Justice League Complete Series DVD's unfortunately it's not JL/JLU combined but still awesome. I'll let someone else put the pic of the initial art up. It includes all of the S1/S@ episodes. I hope they add bonus features and still include the ones that are on the single season sets.

UPDATE: here's the trade ad with all the info apparently the set will include all 91 eps from both shows even though technically they are the same show lol.

JLCompleteSeriesTradeAd.jpg

So, is Batman Beyond next? And will they ever do Static Shock and The Zeta Project? Zeta has a Season 1 release, but not a Season 2! I either want WB to do a DVD release of Season 2 or a complete series DVD release. As for Static, it has one DVD release, but it's just the first volume that has half the episodes in the first season. I don't think Static Shock is going to continue getting DVD releases in those stupid half season volumes.

Just found something out. Did you know that WB released The Zeta Project Season 1 less than a month after WFP reviewed the first five episodes? Is this just a coincidence?

Guest DCAUFan1051

So, is Batman Beyond next? And will they ever do Static Shock and The Zeta Project? Zeta has a Season 1 release, but not a Season 2!

there was a news story a few months back that I linked in this very thread about bad news for Zeta apparently the Season 2 plans for DVD have been scrapped. There probably wasn't enough sales/demand from the Season 1 set. The link is in a post on this page to the future of Zeta looking bleak.

I already have the BTAS Complete Series but will definitely be getting the STAS and JL sets can't wait til those come out.

So, is Batman Beyond next? And will they ever do Static Shock and The Zeta Project? Zeta has a Season 1 release, but not a Season 2!

there was a news story a few months back that I linked in this very thread about bad news for Zeta apparently the Season 2 plans for DVD have been scrapped. There probably wasn't enough sales/demand from the Season 1 set. The link is in a post on this page to the future of Zeta looking bleak.

I already have the BTAS Complete Series but will definitely be getting the STAS and JL sets can't wait til those come out.

Yeah I read that post and the link, but I am just wondering if anymore shows will get the complete series releases.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I would think it's possible for Batman Beyond to get a Complete Series release it'd be awesome if Static did, but I dunno. I'm just glad they are doing the ones that they are doing.

And who knows maybe lala land records will do a STAS CD and JL/JLU CD soon!!!

• 4 weeks later...

TVShowsOnDVD.com announced a news item yesterday about what aspect ratio would be on the JL Complete Series Box Set go here to find out what the deal is

Eh. That's still weird that that S1 is fullscreen, while the others aren't. I guess it's not a big deal, seeing as how the episodes were made so that all the important details are in the fullscreen crop, but I'd still rather have it in widescreen.