Iron Man 2

Missy

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DCAUFan1051
If he's an excellent actor, how exactly is he going to shit on the role?

OK what I mean is the fact that Howard has established the Rhodie character putting someone else in it it won't be the same. Best example I can give you is Bruce Timm and Co using fucking Adam Baldwin as Superman in Superman Doomsday instead of a established good actor who played supes well like Tim Daly Or George Newburn. Between Howard and Cheadle Howard looks more the Rhodie part to me.

When I said Cheadle is a great actor I meant in everything else other then this movie. IM-2 will suck for me because of this change. I was soooo excited to see it in the theater the sequel well I'll preobably wait for the DVD.

Guest DCAUFan1051
I think you're overstating Rhodes' role in the last movie. He wasn't THAT major of a character. It's not like they're recasting Tony or something.

I'm talking about the actual look of him DW I'm basing this off of the 1994 cartoon because that's the only Iron Man exposure I've had so in my opinion Howard looks more the part then Cheadle. Plus War Machine has the deep voice and I doubt cheadle can do a deep voice. I'm not sure if Howard could but still It shoulda been Howard.

I think you're overstating Rhodes' role in the last movie. He wasn't THAT major of a character. It's not like they're recasting Tony or something.

I'm talking about the actual look of him DW I'm basing this off of the 1994 cartoon because that's the only Iron Man exposure I've had so in my opinion Howard looks more the part then Cheadle. Plus War Machine has the deep voice and I doubt cheadle can do a deep voice. I'm not sure if Howard could but still It shoulda been Howard.

Are we not splitting hairs when we're worried that an Oscar-nominated actor can't pull off a deep voice? For better or worse, characters get re-cast in CBM sequels and twas ever thus.

IESB sat down at a roundtable interview with Sam Jackson and asked specifically about his role as Nick Fury in the IRON MAN sequel (Even just to verify his return considering the abrupt replacement of Terrence Howard by Don Cheadle).

Jackson replied that as a matter of fact, IRON MAN director Jon Favreau spoke to him at the Scream Awards last night, and Favreau told Jackson that Nick Fury would have a much more prominent role in the second one.

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_c...2&Itemid=99

• 2 weeks later...
Hollywood insiders believe the exit stems from Terrence Howard's difficult behavior on the set of Iron Man. But those with intimate knowledge of the situation suggest a far more dramatic backstory: Howard was the first actor signed to the film and, on top of that, was the highest-paid. That's right: more than Gwyneth Paltrow. More than Jeff Bridges. More than Robert Downey Jr. And once the project fully came together, it was too late to renegotiate his deal. It didn't help that, according to one source, Favreau and his producers were ultimately unhappy with Howard's performance, and spent a lot of time cutting and reshooting his scenes. (Favreau could not be reached for comment, while Howard's publicist says: ''Terrence had a tremendous experience working on Iron Man.'')

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ironmannews.php?id=7776

Was Terrance Howard Roadie?

yes Terrence Howard was Roadie in the first film but Don Cheadle has been tapped to replace him....damnit

I personally feel this is going to be Katie Holmes syndrome, in that I really didn't care about the character, and will probably prefer the replacement.

I didn't even like him in the movie, but I'm going to watch it again before giving my final thoughts.

• 2 months later...
In what would mark his first studio film since resurrecting his career with "The Wrestler," Mickey Rourke is in talks to play the heavy in "Iron Man 2," the Marvel Entertainment sequel that director Jon Favreau begins shooting this spring.

Rourke is in discussions to play a villain described as

Tony Stark's Russian alter ego, a heavily tattooed bruiser who is in the arms trade and battles Iron Man in his own nuclear-powered armored suit

The script -- which is still being written -- is a guarded secret, but speculation is that villain is likely

comicbook nemesis Crimson Dynamo

http://www.variety.com/VR1117998120.html

dancer.gif

In what would mark his first studio film since resurrecting his career with "The Wrestler," Mickey Rourke is in talks to play the heavy in "Iron Man 2," the Marvel Entertainment sequel that director Jon Favreau begins shooting this spring.

Tony Stark's Russian alter ego, a heavily tattooed bruiser who is in the arms trade and battles Iron Man in his own nuclear-powered armored suit

The script -- which is still being written -- is a guarded secret, but speculation is that villain is likely

Now they're saying that he may be playing

Whiplash, which is less awesome

Now they're saying that he may be playing

Whiplash, which is less awesome

Man, I really hope not. If they're going to change his role, I'd prefer it be Titanium Man since

the Crimson Dynamo was a scientist

and Titanium Man was much more brute force.