not in continuity!

If you all admit you're wrong and Teen Titans is in continuity, nothing happens. An argument ends. If we were to admit we're wrong, then we'd get at least 10 less episodes of WFP. In the case of selfish vs. selfish, I choose the side with greater entertainment value.

Nonononono...

Teen Titans should still be reviewed regardless of its stance in continuity. After all, it does have plenty of behind-the-scenes links to the DCAU series. It just shouldn't be literally taken to be in the exact same fictional story continuity as BTAS, STAS, JL, and BB (and Zeta, and Static...).

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's true that there are some subtle hints at Teen Titans in JLU, but that doesn't necessarily mean much. After all, Mark Hamill has played the Joker in other Batman media; are we to assume that those other productions (such as the new Batman: Arkham Asylum game) are also in the DCAU because of this?

Guest DCAUFan1051

and besides the in or out of continuity fights are funny we all know Mike & James will review TT regardless of the battle of words on here about the fact that it is either in or out of DCAU Continuity.

Me personally I only count the following shows:

BTAS

STAS

Batman Beyond

Justice League/JLU

As far as Static Shock, Zeta, & Teen Titans they can have their own goddamn universe :D :laugh:

and besides the in or out of continuity fights are funny we all know Mike & James will review TT regardless of the battle of words on here about the fact that it is either in or out of DCAU Continuity.

Me personally I only count the following shows:

BTAS

STAS

Batman Beyond

Justice League/JLU

As far as Static Shock, Zeta, & Teen Titans they can have their own goddamn universe :D :laugh:

Except Batman and GL both appeared in Static, and Static was in a JLU ep. And as Zeta was a direct spinoff of Batman Beyond.

Except Batman and GL both appeared in Static, and Static was in a JLU ep. And as Zeta was a direct spinoff of Batman Beyond.

I concur with this.

I'm not really a big fan of Static (it did some wonky, inconsistent things with its crossovers), and Zeta was really only put in BB for the WB's cross-promotion purposes, but they technically should be considered part of the same universe.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Me personally I only count the following shows: seeeee this statement <--------

BTAS

STAS

Batman Beyond

Justice League/JLU

:D

People can argue Teen Titans until they're blue in the face, but there is no argument whatsoever of Zeta and Static's place in continuity.

Static's a weird one though, he started out definitivly outside the DCAU and ended up inside. When the series starts they know who Clark Kent is!

People can argue Teen Titans until they're blue in the face, but there is no argument whatsoever of Zeta and Static's place in continuity.

Static's a weird one though, he started out definitivly outside the DCAU and ended up inside. When the series starts they know who Clark Kent is!

It's because the character started as a Milestone Comic, and it was acquired by DC.

It's because the character started as a Milestone Comic, and it was acquired by DC.

Doesn't make it less weird.

• 3 months later...
Here's the thing:

Robin in Teen Titans must be Dick Grayson (and not Tim), for these reasons:

-He is too old to be Tim, since we see that Tim looks to still be 13-14 in RotJ, and he doesn't have anywhere near the level of Kung-Fu prowess and wisdom displayed by Robin in TT.

-The alternate universe version of Robin seen in "Fractured," while nicknamed Larry, is actually named "Nosyarg Kcid," Dick Grayson backwards. There's one instance where his name spins around his body, and when it goes around the back, we can clearly see the name "Dick Grayson."

03.jpg

04.jpg

-Robin's entire character in the Teen Titans show mirrors the comics' version of Dick, right down to his romance with Starfire and the reveal that he will eventually become Nightwing.

This creates a problem, as this makes Dick younger than he was seen in BTAS. We essentially must place this in the DCAU timeline between the flashbacks of "Robin's Reckoning" (where he is 8-10 years old) and the first time he is seen in BTAS, in "Christmas with the Joker."

This doesn't quite gel. In Teen Titans, Robin is shown to be essentially a mini-Batman, having a neverending drive for victory, unparalleled detective skills, and martial arts mastery. However, in BTAS, Dick has none of these skills. It is true, however, that we get a glimpse of Robin's driven personality from Teen Titans in "Robin's Reckoning," but we also get a strong sense of naivete and immaturity, something that wouldn't seem to make sense with a character than has fought interplanetary/galactic/dimensional threats, let alone actually made out with an alien girl.

There is also an inherent problem with the idea of the science fiction elements of Teen Titans.

In Superman: The Animated Series, Lois is at first somewhat unbelieving of Superman's alien nature, which would seem odd if aliens had visited Earth many times before (as they did in the 2nd episode of TT). Furthermore, Superman and the rest of the world know nothing of the Atlanteans until "Fish Story," yet Aqualad had countless team-ups with the Titans. And let's not even mention how the Titans have a spacefaring submarine, yet most of the television sets in BTAS are black-and-white.

It's true that there are some subtle hints at Teen Titans in JLU, but that doesn't necessarily mean much. After all, Mark Hamill has played the Joker in other Batman media; are we to assume that those other productions (such as the new Batman: Arkham Asylum game) are also in the DCAU because of this?

I'm not saying that Teen Titans shouldn't be reviewed in WFP (because GOD I love that show), but I don't think that you can realistically put it in the same continuity as BTAS, STAS, BB, and JLU. Considering how easily those other shows mix together, Teen Titans sticks out like a bleeding, crushed, broken, and rotting thumb.

dude, your completely right, but wouldn't it of been cool if when after Tim Drake was forced to not be Robin by Batman, Tim disagreed and ran away to be Robin with a robot, two aliens, and a guy that could turn into animals? BOOM! the Teen Titans!

dude, your completely right, but wouldn't it of been cool if when after Tim Drake was forced to not be Robin by Batman, Tim disagreed and ran away to be Robin with a robot, two aliens, and a guy that could turn into animals? BOOM! the Teen Titans!

Yeah, it would have been cool. (but then you'd have Robin making contact with aliens even before Superman showed up in Metropolis, which kind of doesn't gel).