not in continuity!

dude, your completely right, but wouldn't it of been cool if when after Tim Drake was forced to not be Robin by Batman, Tim disagreed and ran away to be Robin with a robot, two aliens, and a guy that could turn into animals? BOOM! the Teen Titans!

Yeah, it would have been cool. (but then you'd have Robin making contact with aliens even before Superman showed up in Metropolis, which kind of doesn't gel).

What? Tim was forced to not be Robin way after the first Justice League.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be interesting if Tim does become Batman seeing how different this universe is compared to the actual DC Universe.

Then again the Tim in the DCAU is just Jason Todd anyway so they could have always just brought in the real Tim Drake character and called him Jason Todd just to fix it.

Guest DCAUFan1051
It'll be interesting if Tim does become Batman seeing how different this universe is compared to the actual DC Universe.

Then again the Tim in the DCAU is just Jason Todd anyway so they could have always just brought in the real Tim Drake character and called him Jason Todd just to fix it.

Actually I've heard on the DVD's and from WFP that Bruce Timm and Company melded the JasonTodd/TimDrake storylines for the cartoons.

Guest DCAUFan1051
You don't want to talk about in a kids cartoon, a kid getting murdered by an adult with his mother dieing beside him.

Well unless I wrote it.

After reading your post like 5 times suave I finally got it. LOL While I agree I'm pretty sure they melded the two chatacters stories.

Actually I've heard on the DVD's and from WFP that Bruce Timm and Company melded the JasonTodd/TimDrake storylines for the cartoons.

What melding? There are no elements of Tim Drake that I can think of in that character.

What melding? There are no elements of Tim Drake that I can think of in that character.

His name, for one.

Also, he's a bit more innocent and fun-loving like Tim was at that time during the comics, rather than aggressive like Jason. He basically has Jason's origin with more of Tim's later personality.

• 1 month later...

Why does anyone say TT was in continuity? Most of the people on this thread and all over the internet have came to the conclusion that it is not. I'm fine with WFP reviewing this show, but I don't get why anyone thinks its in continuity, it just doesn't make sense. I don't want to continue this debate on this forum, but i think it should stay like this, TT isn't in continuity, that side has always won this debate online. No one reply to this. I realize this thread has not had posts for a while, but I just wanted to end the thread with a victory for the side that believes it's not in continuity, even though this thread was pointless, because it was obvious that TT wasn't in continuity. BTW, I sent an email to Mike and James with a P.S. saying TT wasn't in continuity and they didn't even read that part. Well I hope WFP continues being awesome and I hope that when even when TT is reviewed that there is no more debating, just awesome podcasting.

Why does anyone say TT was in continuity? Most of the people on this thread and all over the internet have came to the conclusion that it is not. I'm fine with WFP reviewing this show, but I don't get why anyone thinks its in continuity, it just doesn't make sense. I don't want to continue this debate on this forum, but i think it should stay like this, TT isn't in continuity, that side has always won this debate online. No one reply to this. I realize this thread has not had posts for a while, but I just wanted to end the thread with a victory for the side that believes it's not in continuity, even though this thread was pointless, because it was obvious that TT wasn't in continuity. BTW, I sent an email to Mike and James with a P.S. saying TT wasn't in continuity and they didn't even read that part. Well I hope WFP continues being awesome and I hope that when even when TT is reviewed that there is no more debating, just awesome podcasting.

The TT debate played out the the 20-40 episode region of WFP, so most of the reasoning/justification was given there. I don't remember which episode it was, but when I did the clips package that looked back at S:TAS & Gotham Knights, I condensed a lot of the arguments together. So it's out there, if not within this very thread I'm sure.

People can argue Teen Titans until they're blue in the face, but there is no argument whatsoever of Zeta and Static's place in continuity.

Static's a weird one though, he started out definitivly outside the DCAU and ended up inside. When the series starts they know who Clark Kent is!

It's because the character started as a Milestone Comic, and it was acquired by DC.

Actually, DC printed Milestone from the start.

Now, here's an idea. We have a two year gap from the end of BTAS to Gotham Knights. Robin leaves Gotham after graduating College at 19 (so he's still technically a teen, not that anyone really cared in the comics if you were in your 20's and calling yourself a Teen Titan. It's kinda pervy really.), goes to Jump City or whatever the name of the city in Teen Titans is. At about the same time, Superman pops up in Metropolis. The aliens are considered to be just another Supervillian or something. After all, there's that crazy lady in Gotham that controls plants so why not Mad scientists who build Alien Hoaxes? If Doctor Who expects me to believe that the entire world can pretend aliens don't exist despite giant spaceships appearing in the sky then I can expect one city getting barraged by weirdos will fly under the radar. Feeling himself redeemed, Robin politely leaves the Titans, becomes Nightwing (Starfire: But do I no longer give you the boner?) Anyway, Barry Allen is the Flash, races Superman and something happens that makes him retire so his Nephew takes over. A couple of years pass between the end of Superman and Justice League. Afterall, Supergirl clones don't grow themselves over night. Wally is pretty established, Tim has joined the Titans, Dick has left again, possibly to "Make the Whoopee" with Starfire. Really, it all comes down to looking at the Art Style as making most of the characters look younger and having most of the world suffer from Doctor Who plot-mandated obliviousness.

Now, here's an idea. We have a two year gap from the end of BTAS to Gotham Knights. Robin leaves Gotham after graduating College at 19 (so he's still technically a teen, not that anyone really cared in the comics if you were in your 20's and calling yourself a Teen Titan. It's kinda pervy really.), goes to Jump City or whatever the name of the city in Teen Titans is. At about the same time, Superman pops up in Metropolis. The aliens are considered to be just another Supervillian or something. After all, there's that crazy lady in Gotham that controls plants so why not Mad scientists who build Alien Hoaxes? If Doctor Who expects me to believe that the entire world can pretend aliens don't exist despite giant spaceships appearing in the sky then I can expect one city getting barraged by weirdos will fly under the radar. Feeling himself redeemed, Robin politely leaves the Titans, becomes Nightwing (Starfire: But do I no longer give you the boner?) Anyway, Barry Allen is the Flash, races Superman and something happens that makes him retire so his Nephew takes over. A couple of years pass between the end of Superman and Justice League. Afterall, Supergirl clones don't grow themselves over night. Wally is pretty established, Tim has joined the Titans, Dick has left again, possibly to "Make the Whoopee" with Starfire. Really, it all comes down to looking at the Art Style as making most of the characters look younger and having most of the world suffer from Doctor Who plot-mandated obliviousness.

But in The Batman: Adventures: Lost Years, it explains how those three years in between BTAS and TNBA went for Dick, which didn't have anything about the Teen Titans. Also, in "Flash And Substance", there is the Flash museum showing an item commemorating the race between Superman and the Flash from "Speed Demons", and this was a JLU episode with Wall West as Flash and the museum was dedicated to him.

But in The Batman: Adventures: Lost Years, it explains how those three years in between BTAS and TNBA went for Dick, which didn't have anything about the Teen Titans. Also, in "Flash And Substance", there is the Flash museum showing an item commemorating the race between Superman and the Flash from "Speed Demons", and this was a JLU episode with Wall West as Flash and the museum was dedicated to him.

First, the spin-off comics are not considered part of continuity. Secondly, maybe the public just didn't notice a change in Flashes when building the Museum. After all, if Barry retired, I doubt he would have made a press release saying so since it would have put Iris in danger. Wally takes over, some people notice Kid Flash doesn't show up anymore but maybe his evil witch girlfriend made him vanish or something.

Putting Teen Titans into continuity just adds way too many hoops to jump through. Every other DCAU show has direct and clear ties to the other shows through very specific story points; Teen Titans practically contradicts them (or, at the very least, makes for a hell of a confusing timeline). It either has to be a prequel to BTAS or stuck in-between BTAS and TNBA/Gotham Knights, which just makes everything weird; it's like stuffing Smallville into traditional Superman continuity.

The art style isn't the only thing that makes TT different; it's the fact that an entirely different world is portrayed. In TT, both Robin and Speedy are able to craft super-weaponry that Batman himself doesn't have in Justice League. That's right, SPEEDY is able to grasp Quantum Mechanics in order to build advanced weaponry on the scale of the Legion of Superheroes.

The only real links between the two continuities are a few shared voice actors and an offhand line of dialogue from Batman in Static Shock referencing "the Titans" AFTER the events of Gotham Knights where Robin already became Nightwing.

Why is it so wrong for the two series to exist in separate continuities? It actually makes more sense that way, and allows for greater freedom in the TT universe.

Oh sweet fucking jesus.

There are more important things to be discussed.

Does the friday the 13th movie 2009 fall into the same continuity of the original series?

Does freddy vs Jason make sense in that same films fall in the same continuity.

Maybe Booster Gold went back in time and to fix an anamoly in time put Teen Titans in continuity because it was causing people on the Unternet to go nuts.

Me not reading the P.S. of your e-mail was nothing personal, Graham. I've pretty much decided to not read any more "Teen Titans is not in continuity" e-mails or lengthy paragraphs thereof. It's beyond ridiculous at this point to discuss it any further, and I'm tired of it.

Me not reading the P.S. of your e-mail was nothing personal, Graham. I've pretty much decided to not read any more "Teen Titans is not in continuity" e-mails or lengthy paragraphs thereof. It's beyond ridiculous at this point to discuss it any further, and I'm tired of it.

Is the dead horse making a mushy sound now?

It's been discussed and decided. Don't like it if you don't want to, but stop complaining about it.

Oh sweet fucking jesus.

There are more important things to be discussed.

Does the friday the 13th movie 2009 fall into the same continuity of the original series?

Does freddy vs Jason make sense in that same films fall in the same continuity.

Maybe Booster Gold went back in time and to fix an anamoly in time put Teen Titans in continuity because it was causing people on the Unternet to go nuts.

This is Post of the Day! :bowdown: