Tron Legacy

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really need to watch Tron.

Yes, yes you do. RoboCop is too good of a movie not to watch. Okay, it's really that great, and is something everyone needs to see at some point in their life.

I agree.

Off topic, I love how went someone over the pond quotes you, the change in the time mark makes it look like you've time traveled. That said, I agree that everyone does need to watch Robocop but Tron should also be watched first. The yellow light cycle just looks too cool.

Also, apparently one of Daft Punk's songs for the soundtrack may have been leaked. It can be listened to here. It's not 100% yet if it is or isn't but a lot of the blogs are erring on the side of "it is."

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Disney might make Tron: Legacy the first in a trilogy.

Tron: The Trilogy

Disney is so hyped about the buzz building for Tron: Legacy they are already planning sequels (according to Blue Sky Disney).

The site reports that if the Tron sequel makes a splash at the box office, it will be the first part of a trilogy of movies, with the Mouse House seeing the series as a successor to their incredibly lucrative Pirates of the Caribbean franchise.

Not only that, but a computer animated TV series to bridge the gap between films one and two has also apparently been planned for late 2011/early 2012. A new Tron ride in Disenyland has also been mooted.

First off, though, Legacy has to make a ton of money. We'll see if it does when it's released in December.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/107/1073310p1.html

Even though I normally despise sequels made like this, for Tron I wouldn't mind. So we get more eye candy; what's wrong with that?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
When Tron: Legacy finally hits screens at the end of the year, you’ll have more than just director Joe Kosinski and screenwriters Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz to thank; it turns out, the finished version has received an emotional upgrade from the fine folks at Pixar.

Entertainment Weekly has revealed that, in March, Disney screened a rough cut of the movie to Pixar employees including John Lasseter, Ed Catmull, The Incredibles and Ratatouille writer and director Brad Bird and Toy Story 3 screenwriter Michael Arndt amongst others, which led to Bird and Arndt writing new scenes for last month’s reshoots in order to strengthen the story’s emotional and character beats.

This isn’t the first time outside hands have helped on the movie; Empire Magazine has previously confirmed that David Fincher has also seen an early cut and offered advice. This can only make the final product better, right…? I shouldn’t be worried about the movie needing so much outside help in the first place, right…?

Source