Your Favorite Non-Mainstream Bands

annericelover

Hey everyone, we are all geeks here, comic book, movie and TV whores. But what about the other great form of the media, music. There is no area to post any music information, so I thought I'd start a thread here.

I'm a huge music nut, and love it all from Rock to Heavy Metal, from Rap to R&B and more. What I would like to see is what is your favorite band or just a band not many people know about that you think is worth everyone to know. Industrial music right now is considered the most scarce form of music out there, next to underground rap music. Here are just a few unknown bands. If you would like to here a song from the bands I mention, send me a PM for the link:

Porcelain and The Tramps

Heller

The Birthday Massacre

Switchblade Symphony

Razed in Black

Diva Destruction

God Forbid

Arsenic Addiction

Zombie Girl

My Suicide Dream

Euphoria

Jesus on Extacy

Bitch Brigade

Julien-K

Front Line Assembly

Angels on Acid

Animassacre

Psy'Aviah

Prometheus Burning

Carfax Abbey

Angels and Agony

Gothika

Cybervamps

Horrorpops(not official name yet)

Gretchen

Aesma Daeva

Plantaganda

Experiment Haywire

Skeever

I listen to TONS of different music, and have to constantly find new stuff cause I bore easily. Here's some stuff I'm listening to now. Click on the names for a links to songs.

- Death metal with a PARROT as the lead singer. Not great music, but still really interesting.

- Awesome rapper from Texas. Made an album called the Megaran Project, which uses nothing but Megaman stage music for the beats.

- Pretty much invented the "nerdcore" genre of rap.

- She's getting a bit more well known. Her last album was flawless. She's also freaking gorgeous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAHKaOBqOXA- Two girls with infantle voices sing about robots and zombie attacks.

Da Vinci's Notebook - Comedy acapella.

- New school reggae. I think he actually does the theme for one of the new guys in WWE.

Roots Manuva - Great underground hip hop.

- German rap with a comedic edge. I love these guys.

Sarah Walker - Pop singer, also German. Sometimes does stuff with Deichkind. Her stuff is extremely difficult to find because there's an American composer with the exact same name.

While I'm thinking about it, here's a link to the

because the video is the greatest thing in the history of ever.

Tata Young - Thai pop singer. Could totally see her getting big over here.

Quarashi - Icelandic hip hp. They have an assload of albums, but only one made it over here.

- Underground hip hop. His "Secret Wars" songs are about matching Marvel Comics characters vs Rappers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEgXDhiayz4- Dutch sympthonic metal. They've been around for a while. Also getting some more recognition.

- Great name. Decent metal.

- I remember Mike once said he was a Stabbing Westward fan. This is Chris Hall's new band. Their CD is out in very limited release right now.

I could go on forever.

I listen to TONS of different music, and have to constantly find new stuff cause I bore easily. Here's some stuff I'm listening to now. Click on the names for a links to songs.

- Death metal with a PARROT as the lead singer. Not great music, but still really interesting.

- Awesome rapper from Texas. Made an album called the Megaran Project, which uses nothing but Megaman stage music for the beats.

- Pretty much invented the "nerdcore" genre of rap.

- She's getting a bit more well known. Her last album was flawless. She's also freaking gorgeous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAHKaOBqOXA- Two girls with infantle voices sing about robots and zombie attacks.

Da Vinci's Notebook - Comedy acapella.

- New school reggae. I think he actually does the theme for one of the new guys in WWE.

Roots Manuva - Great underground hip hop.

- German rap with a comedic edge. I love these guys.

Sarah Walker - Pop singer, also German. Sometimes does stuff with Deichkind. Her stuff is extremely difficult to find because there's an American composer with the exact same name.

While I'm thinking about it, here's a link to the

because the video is the greatest thing in the history of ever.

Tata Young - Thai pop singer. Could totally see her getting big over here.

Quarashi - Icelandic hip hp. They have an assload of albums, but only one made it over here.

- Underground hip hop. His "Secret Wars" songs are about matching Marvel Comics characters vs Rappers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEgXDhiayz4- Dutch sympthonic metal. They've been around for a while. Also getting some more recognition.

- Great name. Decent metal.

- I remember Mike once said he was a Stabbing Westward fan. This is Chris Hall's new band. Their CD is out in very limited release right now.

I could go on forever.

I have only heard of Five Finger Death Punch, great going, I love discovering new bands.

5FDP has a lot of potential, but I think they fall into the trap of having screaming just for the sake of it. That seems to be what kills most metal nowadays because no one sings anymore.

Their song "The Bleeding" is a perfect example.

5FDP has a lot of potential, but I think they fall into the trap of having screaming just for the sake of it. That seems to be what kills most metal nowadays because no one sings anymore.

Their song "The Bleeding" is a perfect example.

I enjoyed "The Bleeding" I do get what you mean about how metal is mostly screaming now, but its not the worse. I like bands like Atreyu, In This Moment, Bullet For My Valentine and Cradle of Filth and they have a good blend of screaming and singing.

Here's a music video for the now broken up band Switchblade Symphony called "Clown"

I met them in 1999 at an underground club in Newark, NJ, alongside Razed in Black and they were super cool. My cousin was the manager of the club, now he's an Industrial musician and DJ.

Here's another video for the song "Happy Birthday" by The Birthday Massacre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7WF7sg7gSo

Here's the music video for "Somebody Help Me" by Full Blown Rose(this was used as the TV Theme for Tru Calling with Eliza Dushku)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxybTOkxDsw

Switchblade broke up? Shame.

I know that they used "Clown" for a couple movies back in the day.

Yeah, they were awesome people too. Full Blown Rose has also broken up(they were famous for having the most songs out soley on soundtracks, with no official album for themselves).

I like Diva Destruction, they remind me of Switchblade Symphony, the club, NY Nightlife feeling of both bands music is incredible.

Tina Root the vocalist and songwriter for Switchblade Symphony has a new band now "Tre Lux" there pretty cool too.

They've really only done a bunch of covers for other popular mainstream bands. They haven't done a music video yet, but if you wanna here a song from them go here:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest GL_Nerd1337

Stick to Your Guns-Grunge-Metalcore

To The Depths (sadly broken up :shakehead: )-Hardcore with a sweet synth and brutal breakdowns. Not signed, check MySpace.

When Hope Prevails-Sweet Cinci band that has pretty awesome chants and vocals, but the normal singing (not screaming) is cringe-worthy.

• 2 weeks later...

The kings of Non-mainstream:

-Tom Waits

-Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

-Dillinger Escape Plan

-Mike Patton (including Fantomas, Tomahawk and anything else he's doing this week)

-The Melvins

-Turbonegro: greatest rock and roll band on earth!

Others:

-Midnight Syndicate: great duo who record horror soundtrack type tunes.

-The Locust: if you can take it

-3 Inches of Blood: perfect mix of classic metal and hardcore punk

-Gray Matter: Steve Niles' early eighties DC Hardcore band. Been listening to them a lot lately...

:)

Mr. Bungle was the best side project Patton ever did.

I still think California is the greatest record of my lifetime.

That's even if you consider Bungle a side project. Many hardcore Pattonites consider Faith No More the side project considering he put Bungle on hold to join that band.

I have an unhealthy fascination for Delirium Cordia and obviously Director's Cut. Loves me some Fantomas.