• 2 months later...
  • Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Forgot to post this but about a month ago I was driving the babysitter home and she asked what the music was. I told her it was the new Guns N Roses album and that it had been in the works for almost fifteen years. She replied with the following:

"You mean, they've been working on it for longer than I've been alive?"

I then promptly thought about driving into a wall.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't liked a new album, start to finish, for 5 years.

I get called "ma'am" when I get my coffee at the Starbucks.

I don't buy Starbucks because it's "trendy," I buy it because it's close to work and they know my order already.

Candy isn't as good any more.

My cousin's nine-year-old has been into TMNT his entire life...but these crazy, angular, anime-looking facsimiles.

I used the genericized trademark "Xerox" in front of my mother the other day, as a verb, as in "I need to Xerox this document so I have proof." And she laughed and laughed, and said, "I haven't heard the copier called that since I started working in an office when I was about your age."

Happy 22nd birthday to me.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah well, when this fancy society breaks down and we forget how to make fancy technology he'll be grateful to us old folk who can teach him the basics. Rubbing two sticks together for fire, catching your own food and how to use a tape deck, these are the basic survival skills for our apocalyptic future.

And be able to work out the right sequence in Super Mario Bros for the fourth castle maze.

• 2 weeks later...

I work at the campus bookstore and during the summer, they have Orientations for the incoming Freshmen which involves them coming into the store and reserving their books for their first quarter. Anyway, I'm helping this slightly geeky looking kid order his books and notice a lot of them are theater textbooks.

Me: So, you're a spoony bard I see.

Him: I love that game. I just got it for my DS.

Me: I remember when I had it for my Super Nes.

Him: My older brother had one of those.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This was posted in a different thread and made me feel old. I don't think I was the only one.

I liked the continuity between episodes, it really helps with the serialized storytelling but at the same time doesn't tie it down where it's impossible to enjoy each episode individually.

Actually, the first two episodes were originally aired as one two-hour pilot. I remember watching it as a kid and not even noticing that they were two separate episodes.

I'm only 24 but I was still in High School when Smallville started. Still makes me feel like a fogey. In an attempt to make myself feel better, I was four when The Simpsons premiered. Much better.

This was posted in a different thread and made me feel old. I don't think I was the only one.

I liked the continuity between episodes, it really helps with the serialized storytelling but at the same time doesn't tie it down where it's impossible to enjoy each episode individually.

Actually, the first two episodes were originally aired as one two-hour pilot. I remember watching it as a kid and not even noticing that they were two separate episodes.

I'm only 24 but I was still in High School when Smallville started. Still makes me feel like a fogey. In an attempt to make myself feel better, I was four when The Simpsons premiered. Much better.

D'aww. Sorry about that.

Yeah, like I said in that other thread, I was twelve at the time. (I'm twenty now)

I first felt semi-old when I met a bunch of kids who had only seen the prequel trilogy of Star Wars. (I quickly kidnapped them and made them watch the originals. They were grateful.)