Recommend me some podcasts

Need some new stuff to listen to at work, since my hours in the back room are increasing.

This is what I listen to already.

Earth 2.net the Show

Dread Media

World's Finest Podcast

Amimazing Podcast (which I need to start feedbacking, sorry Kellen)

For Your Ears Only (ditto)

1UP Yours (which I think I'm done with because it's really shitty now)

1UP FM

Retronauts (my favorite non E2 podcast)

Combobreaker (whenever they decide to update again)

Tha O Show

Bryan and Vinny Show

Wrestling Observer Radio

Figure Four Weekly

I'm big on anything focused on old stuff; old movies, old games, etc.

I think Retronauts has it beat in all aspects, but unfortunately, it's bi-weekly now.

Maybe I'm behind the times, but the only things they ever seem to talk about on 1UP Yours are one of three subjects.

1) Some quirky downloadable game that everyone in their office is playing nonstop, but I have no interest in.

2) Their giant HD TVs and nitpicking the most insignificant graphical flaws in AAA titles that no one but them is going to notice.

3) Pretty much instantly ignoring any console game that isn't a shooter with 200 player deathmatch.

Skipping through all the bullshit, I listen to about 15 minutes of a 1:30 podcast. Clearly, a lot of people like it, but it's really not my thing.

I love 1Up Yours and don't think it's shitty. It's still the best gaming podcast out there.

I used to love 1Up, but lately I just don't enjoy listening to it. I think my biggest problems with stem from Garnett Lee and Shane Bettenhausen. Garnett is constantly dragging out jokes and repeating information, and comes across as someone who’s a bit dim. And Shane seems to constantly switch from fascinating to irritating.

Bettenhausen is a fountain of knowledge on the Retro stuff, but he's one of the biggest graphics nitpickers they have.

The Uncanny X-Cast is also really funny, but it helps to be a fan of the X-Men obviously.

Are they strictly current, or do they talk about older stuff?

Bettenhausen is a fountain of knowledge on the Retro stuff, but he's one of the biggest graphics nitpickers they have.

The Uncanny X-Cast is also really funny, but it helps to be a fan of the X-Men obviously.

Are they strictly current, or do they talk about older stuff?

They have retro reviews in every episode. Lately they've been looking at New Mutants. it's a very good podcast, and I HATE the X-Men.

Slice of Sci-Fi is a very good show that looks at all kinds of stuff - TV, movies, books.

Even as someone who never plays PC games, I think GFW is still 1Up’s best podcast.

I listen to quite a few podcasts, but there aren’t that many I’d recommend. Have you listened to Smodcast before? I think it’s one of the more entertaining podcasts out there.

While I do listen to GFW, they rarely talk about games for windows these days. They seem to talk about everything but them.

Every episode of The Uncanny X-Cast features reviews of new (On Shelves Now) and older (Retro Reviews) X-comics. They started with the very first issue of Uncanny X-Men and have been working their way up since. In the most recent episode they covered Uncanny #181-182 and New Mutants #15-17.

While I do listen to GFW, they rarely talk about games for windows these days. They seem to talk about everything but them.

I think that’s why I like it so much. I’m listening to their latest episode now, and they’ve just gone from a discussion on playing Soul Calibur online, to the boob physics, to the idea of Yoda having a set of lactating tits. It’s one of the few podcasts I listen to where I actually have to hold back from laughing out loud.

For actual information on gaming they’re terrible, but for off topic rambling they’re one of the best podcasts out there.

Our mutual buddy Morphine Jim does a couple of video game ones over at Destructoid.com, namely Podtoid and Podcastle. I really don't follow video games much anymore, I just tune in for Jim's humour really.

I also gave the Incredible Spider-cast a listen around the time of the One More Day malarkey, and that was pretty entertaining. I should probably give that one another listen even though, again, I don't exactly follow Spider-Man.

There is a UK podcast group that I've become a big fan of called Simply Syndicated. They operate out of Leeds and between about 6 or so regular contributors plus a whole host of guests the put out a lot of great podcasts. In the Nouns you should Verb range they have Movies you should see, Albums you should hear, Books you should read and Games you should play. Outside of all that the Definitive Word dicusses a chosen suject each episode that can range from abortion to top 10 cartoon ladies. Make it so is thier highly popular Star Trek podcast. Or do you think thats just bollocks is a call-in show that gives people the oppertunity to get things off thier back and really rant in a public forum. Richard & Allisons Super Happy Funtime is the random ramblings of two of the most regular hosts plus some call-ins. Weedend Watches covers decent TV to be shown that weekend and finally Craig Bevans Movie Minutes is just little 3-4 minute reviews of films.

Personally I listen to Movies you should see, The Definitive Word and Make it so without fail, the others I just occasionally listen to. The fact that there is a lot of crossover between the hosts but always in different combinations means every show feels familiar but unique at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...
I've discovered another great one called Writing Excuses. It's only 15 minutes long, sadly, but really useful.

I wasn't even aware that writing podcasts existed.

Oh, there's a boatload of 'em. One I find really useful is I Should be Writing.

I've discovered another great one called Writing Excuses. It's only 15 minutes long, sadly, but really useful.

I wasn't even aware that writing podcasts existed.

Oh, there's a boatload of 'em. One I find really useful is I Should be Writing.

Been meaning to check that one out.

Writing Excuses is really good.

Check out Hollywood Saloon for maybe the best movie podcast ever.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Need some new stuff to listen to at work, since my hours in the back room are increasing.

This is what I listen to already.

Earth 2.net the Show

Dread Media

World's Finest Podcast

Amimazing Podcast (which I need to start feedbacking, sorry Kellen)

For Your Ears Only (ditto)

1UP Yours (which I think I'm done with because it's really shitty now)

1UP FM

Retronauts (my favorite non E2 podcast)

Combobreaker (whenever they decide to update again)

Tha O Show

Bryan and Vinny Show

Wrestling Observer Radio

Figure Four Weekly

I'm big on anything focused on old stuff; old movies, old games, etc.

not sure if your a Transformers Fan but I listen to

TFWIRE- Transformers Week In Review www.tfwire.com

WTF @ TFW- podcast from the ppl that run www.tfw2005.com

I also found The Knight Rider Online Podcast (it just started)

I love TWIG- This Week In Geek with Mike The Birdman Dodd and Steve Snowball Saylor

If you like video podcasts :

G4 Game Trailers- video game trailers

X-Play Daily Video podcast- segments from G4's x-play show

I also noticed when I first found WFP back in March a podcast called DC Commentaries but I didn't like it that great