Episode 258

RSS

James Deaux and Ian Wilson join Mike this week, as the trio reviews the 1966 Batman movie, starring Adam West and Burt Ward. Along the way the guys discuss Robin's feelings about kissing girls, the monument to Benedict Arnold in Gotham City Central Park, the Riddler's wayward glances and the differences in how Americans and the British pronounce certain words. [ 2:23:54 || 65.8 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/theshow/episodes/e2ts_258.mp3

Yup, we'll be doing all of the Batman films, but we can't commit to a schedule. It took us over six months to finally record this one. Not only is it hard enough for all of us to find the free time, you also have to consider the time difference; James and I are only separated by an hour, whereas Ian is six hours ahead of me. That makes things very difficult.

OMG, I love this film, even when I was younger and before Tim Burton's film came out this was always a treat. You guys have made it a great film to laugh about too. The film and TV Series was always made for laughs, very campy and at times obvious situations.

You guys mention several moments that always stuck out to me. The exploding shark was always way over the top campy. When Batman & Robin are flying through the air over Gotham. Not only is that ridiculously stupid, but its the day time, Batman doesn't go out during the day.

You guys forgot to mention that when Batman is trying to get rid of the bomb, he goes as far to run away from ducks...... lol yes ducks.

Miss Kika dies,(even though she's not with us right now) lol is something I never thought about, thanks. That makes no sense.

The fight at the end is very funny, probably the funniest fight I ever saw.

Makes me think about the scene in Street Fighter: The Movie where Chun-Li, Blarog and E. Honda send all the weapons down toward M. Bison and Sagat with a bomb and Zangief shout out "Quick change the channel" LMFAO.

I've heard the commentary once, when I'm done listening to this podcast, I'll be listening to it again.

You forgot to mention the "Legends of the Superheroes" pliot, which had Frank Gorshin as The Riddler and Adam West and Burt Ward as Batman & Robin(a little heavier).

Will you guys be reviewing "Return to the Batcave" tele-movie. It has Frank Gorshin, Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar. Its a funny type film that brings you back to the behind the scenes stuff for the 60's TV Series and Movie.

• 4 months later...

Bumpity-bump, as I've just listened to this.

Great fun - I happened to watch the movie the other day again. I adore the Adam West movie and series, because they work on two levels: for kids, they're a straightforward action/adventure. For adults, they're outright comedies.

Oh, and I'm willing to bet the strange moment where Adam West moves his legs on the bed is due to the concern that it would raise the certificate it received, but it got overlooked.