Worlds Finest Podcast Insights, Thoughts, and random stuff

Guest TFG1Mike

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we just say that Terry doesn't have a really good nemesis?

You could, but then you'd be realistic and correct. And where's the fun in that?

KW and I seem to be making similar points recently - I think I got something along the lines of "you and your logical arguments" from James, too...

I already made one of my typically long winded arguments agreeing with Knightwing back on page 6. (He is a lot more succint than I am - the Irish are known for never making a long story short, after all).

Wonder Twin agreement powers unite!

I'm over in Hawaii, so unless your arms are a lot longer than mine, we're going to need a bigger monkey. To bridge the gap, of course - just couldn't resist the Jaws trope.

Of course, "The Bigger Nosed Monkeys" would be a great name for a band.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

I'm currently revamping my text for TSOP and I have a question... In Seasons 1 and 2 the episodes are presented as stories. would Seasons 3-5 be considered the same or just call them episodes instead of stories?

I just got Superman/Batman Public Enemies on Redbox and hated it. They barely stayed true to the comics and when they did they did it wrong. They said nothing about John Corbin killing Bruce's parents and a future Superman coming back to the past and trying to kill Superman and Batman. When Captain Marvel and Hawkman attacked Superman and Batman in the comic book they are in this snowy mountain. And when Superman makes the tornado thing in the fight he not only takes Powergirl but Batman takes Katana and they teleport to China town. This movie was so terrible that even the fights were unapealing. After I finished watching it and wanted to rip the disk in half and save everyone else the displeasure of watching the movie. If you haven't seen it just read the comic book and pretend that movie had never been made. And if you liked it you are crazy and you aren't a DCU fan. 'nuff said.

I just got Superman/Batman Public Enemies on Redbox and hated it. They barely stayed true to the comics and when they did they did it wrong. They said nothing about John Corbin killing Bruce's parents and a future Superman coming back to the past and trying to kill Superman and Batman. When Captain Marvel and Hawkman attacked Superman and Batman in the comic book they are in this snowy mountain. And when Superman makes the tornado thing in the fight he not only takes Powergirl but Batman takes Katana and they teleport to China town. This movie was so terrible that even the fights were unapealing. After I finished watching it and wanted to rip the disk in half and save everyone else the displeasure of watching the movie. If you haven't seen it just read the comic book and pretend that movie had never been made. And if you liked it you are crazy and you aren't a DCU fan. 'nuff said.

Joe Chill killed Bruce's parents. Period. Adding the bit about Corben doing it would have made the shitstorm even bigger.

Apparently, they're doing a sequel of it [shudder]

Joe Chill killed Bruce's parents. Period. Adding the bit about Corben doing it would have made the shitstorm even bigger.

Oh god no they can't make a sequel that is not allowed

at least they aren't gonna make one of Superman: Doomsday; that was worse

Guest DCAUFan1051

Well, they could always go with a different Superman/Batman story. I mean, hey, they could even do the Supergirl one; that was decent. Seeing Darkseid in one of these DCU movies would definitely be a treat.

I think it was mentioned in the S/B thread that the supergirl story was a route Timm wanted to go but I can't remember offhand

Well, they could always go with a different Superman/Batman story. I mean, hey, they could even do the Supergirl one; that was decent. Seeing Darkseid in one of these DCU movies would definitely be a treat.

hellz yeah, but it would be criminal if he was voiced by anyone other than Michael Ironside

Welcome Flashfan, I have to say, I've never read the storyline in the comics, and still found the movie to be crap.

Welcome Flashfan, I have to say, I've never read the storyline in the comics, and still found the movie to be crap.

I actually kinda liked the original comic, even with the unnecessary Corben subplot.

The movie took out so much that there was barely any story left over. Nearly all of the great moments in the comic were entirely removed.

I love Earth-2.net and Worlds Finest Podcast. I still stand by the horribleness of Superman/Batman Public Enemies and I really want to play Batman Arkham Asylum. I just listened to the Earth-2.net the show episode where Mike and Jenny talked about them getting broken into and I thought that it was really scary that you guys got broken into, that means nobody is really safe.