Worlds Finest Podcast Insights, Thoughts, and random stuff

Guest TFG1Mike

I asked this to Mike already, but James, as of now, how would you rank the five members of the Teen Titans from favorite to least favorite?

can't wait till you guys review that show; is there any reason why fans hate it so much other than the anime influences and it being overall a more lighthearted show than Justice League?

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if the Green Lantern and Flash rings for promoting Brightest Day are plastic or not? I'd still get them if they were plastic but I was just wondering, they kinda looked plastic

The Black Lantern one I have is plastic. It's solid though. So I'm guessing the rest will be plastic.

I just got a Green Lantern ring from my comic shop and I have to say that it is really cool. I'm 12 and I was jumping around my living room acting like green lantern. I dobadmit that it is kind of childish even for a 12 year old but hey how can you not it is really awsome. My dad is getting me the Flash ring off amazon because the shop didn't have them so I should have that one soon too. I really love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My co host on TSOP asked me a very interesting question: In Twilight "Why didn't Brainiac go after J'onn instead of Superman?"

I told him the only way I could explain it was that Superman and Brainiac are mortal enemies. He then pointed out that Brainiac is a devourer of knowledge so wouldn't he want the knowledge J'onn has about Mars?

My only reply was that maybe because Mars is a dead planet already that it doesn't interest Brainiac.

Of course, the counter to that is that by the time he's done with them, every planet Brainiac is interested in is a dead planet.

Of course, the counter to that is that by the time he's done with them, every planet Brainiac is interested in is a dead planet.

Nah. It wasn't the knowledge he was after; it was the body. Brainiac wanted a new organic host-body to inhabit, and Kryptonians are (arguably) more powerful than Martians. (especially in the DCAU, where J'onn gets psychically attacked every other episode)

Guest TFG1Mike

damn I wish I'd read this thread earlier in the evening we just finished TSOP 09 recording... I'll bring it up in Ep 10 though... thanks guys.

Guest TFG1Mike

I know a lot of people skip through the e-mail section, but I strongly suggest listening through the entire thing for some absurdly funny moments.

somehow even before hearing it I can't stop maniacally laughing.

if and when you guys review "Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths", please have Dubs as a tertiary host: Not only was he phenomenal in your reviews of Saw VI and Wonder Woman, but he's a critic of Grant Morrison, whose book "JLA: Earth 2" I believe was the primary influence for that film (both sucked balls, methinks)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TFG1Mike

Ok I'm watching the DVD commentary on This Little Piggy.... they are talking about how they wanted the comedy episodes in JLU to be Teen Titans like... but not exactly. Bruce Timm says that Justice League always had more of a format whereas their show you could do more comedy then JL. I am not trying to restart the continuity war.... I know the title of "producer" has a wide range of duties, but my question is why would he say their show... when he was producing that show? He doesn't say like oh over on TT we are doing this... He makes it sound like he has nothing to do with TT.

I dunno I'm not reading anything into it, just curious what people would think this to be. Besides it's almost 9am... I reserve the right to have a mushy brain this early :D

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I'm watching the DVD commentary on This Little Piggy.... they are talking about how they wanted the comedy episodes in JLU to be Teen Titans like... but not exactly. Bruce Timm says that Justice League always had more of a format whereas their show you could do more comedy then JL. I am not trying to restart the continuity war.... I know the title of "producer" has a wide range of duties, but my question is why would he say their show... when he was producing that show? He doesn't say like oh over on TT we are doing this... He makes it sound like he has nothing to do with TT.

I dunno I'm not reading anything into it, just curious what people would think this to be. Besides it's almost 9am... I reserve the right to have a mushy brain this early :D

Could just be that Timm was more hands off on TT and he concerned himself more with the other shows.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TFG1Mike

I'm watching Dark Heart and taking notes for recording..... was it ever revealed at what point in continuity Batman ever froze the gotham river? Or is it just a off handed comment within the dialogue?