Halloween II

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now Dubs and Preston, the agreement was I would stop the old women jokes.

I can't lose all my gimmicks at once.

I still think this movie will suck.

Rib Zombie made a great psychological movie in the first half of Halloween, the second half was a clusterfuck train wreck, and it was shit.

The sequel will be the exact same.

Michael is not sympathetic anymore, the second he killed the nice janitor, that was it, and I stopped giving a shit.

For me to give a shit the villain has to be completely sympathetic and have a purpose, or be just a lunatic, you can't have it both ways.

You either need to be fully a villain from the outset, or fully understandable, not both.

Freddy Krueger, had a reason why he killed the kids in NOES 1, 2 and 3 and the first half of four.

Even though he killed the parent’s kids, or was going to and they took revenge, he still felt wronged for some reason, so he had a purpose.

When he won at the start of four and killed for no reason, I lost all interest in the character and the movies started to get shitter and shitter.

Jason was avenging his mother in F13th part two. But when you found out he was a bastard in hiding, attacking a girl in a later movie when he was in hiding and still human, before the events of two, (I think it was three this was brought up in) you lose all sympathy and you just don't care about him.

A good villain needs a good justification for killing, and sadly Zombie throw that out the window in the first movie, so this will just be how many people can Michael kill because it's a Tuesday and he doesn't like Tuesdays.

Yes. Yes you can. They only amuse one person, and that's you. I have never been to a forum where anyone liked the gimmick posters, and that's what you're turning into. It's like you think no one will give a shit about what you have to say unless you make a punchline at the end. It's irritating, and I'm not the only one that thinks this way. We won't like you any less if you actually do some normal posts once in a while, I assure you.

You need to consider that we've probably had guests come into threads, see posts that have absolutely nothing to do with the topic just for the sake of making an awkward pun and then decide this place isn't worth posting at. I'm all for having fun and making jokes, but context and tact do wonders. The post above this is proof enough that you can make normal posts.

So just chill, man.

Yes. Yes you can. They only amuse one person, and that's you. I have never been to a forum where anyone liked the gimmick posters, and that's what you're turning into. It's like you think no one will give a shit about what you have to say unless you make a punchline at the end. It's irritating, and I'm not the only one that thinks this way. We won't like you any less if you actually do some normal posts once in a while, I assure you.

You need to consider that we've probably had guests come into threads, see posts that have absolutely nothing to do with the topic just for the sake of making an awkward pun and then decide this place isn't worth posting at. I'm all for having fun and making jokes, but context and tact do wonders. The post above this is proof enough that you can make normal posts.

So just chill, man.

OK.

Annericelover is not your fault, to tell you the truth, I think Dubs had to say that.

Des seems to agree with him, and frankly so do i.

The jokes have run dry and I really have nowhere left to go with them, hell to tell you the truth, I'm not even enjoying making them that much anymore.

What i said about losing all my gimmicks at once was sort of like an identity thing.

Anyway, I'm going to drop the cake jokes and the old lady shit as well, as they both have run their course and are just not funny to make up anymore.

So yeah, that's the end of it.

So anyway, this movie will suck as like i said in my last post, Zombie doesn't know how to make Michael a straight up killer the audience will give a shit about, but he did wonders bringing sympathy to myers, and when he pissed that all away, I was really disappointed, and when the movie ended I just thought what a bloody waste.

Thank you, Austen.

Back on topic, I'm in the minority that actually likes Zombie's movies, and the whole selling out thing really doesn't bother me as much as it does most people. It'll be entertaining, but nothing super great or anything.

Back on topic, I'm in the minority that actually likes Zombie's movies, and the whole selling out thing really doesn't bother me as much as it does most people. It'll be entertaining, but nothing super great or anything.

Well, what did you think of the first movie?

Was it two seperate movies to you, one good, one bad, or did you enjoy it?

Oh, I can freely admit that the first half was significantly better than the second, but it's not like there were any huge flaws to that second part that I can remember. It was pretty much exactly what I expected it to be.

Zombie is just fine in his own realm. House of a Thousand Corpses and The Devil's Rejects were great for what they were. They weren't great filmmaking, but they were fine. They were creepy, visceral and violent, and honestly had a great sense of theme.

...However. Remaking something that a real filmmaker, like John fucking Carpenter, does is something he needs to stay far, far away from until he really grows as a filmmaker. If he wants to be taken seriously, he needs to hone his craft before he makes something that pales in comparison to the original. Granted, someone should have told him that two years ago, but whatever.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Considering that Friday the 13th is in the hands of Michael fucking Bay now, Zombie remaking something doesn't bother me as much.

True, but I thought the Friday the 13th remake was good, not the best, but good. Rob Zombie has already said he isn't remaking Rick Rosenthal's Halloween 2. So this really isn't a remake.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...