SPOILER!

SPOILER!

SPOILER!

SPOILER!

SPOILER!

SPOILER!

SPOILER!

It was Colossus.

I understand Marvel wants to give Joss carte blanche, but Colossus' death meant so much and was so honorable that this truly cheapens it. (For the record, I've yet to read the issue so it might be really good and heartfelt, which I'm sure it is, but it's still a shame.)

Exactly. Look, if they brought him back ten years after his death, then it wouldn't tarnish his great sacrifice. But three years is too soon. I trust Marvel and Joss know what they're doing and, as I said before, I'm sure the issue is great and is leading somewhere.

Apparantly Issue 7 features 'A betrayal from within'.....so it may not be the real Colossus....

I doubt it. Chances are that will be Wolverine, especially considering the upcoming run by Mark Millar and John Romita, Jr.

In which case I revert back to my 'Fuck Marvel' stance. This is just cheap.

In which case I revert back to my 'Fuck Marvel' stance. This is just cheap.

I mean, maybe this isn't him. Only Joss and Marvel know for sure.

I was referring to Colossus being back from the dead, not Wolverine betraying the team.

I think it's cheap, because I'm a long time reader, and if I invest in a character emotionally, and they kill him, then bring him back a few years later, then my emotional investment didn't mean anything.

Also, I think Marvel are deliberately moving away from the Grant Morrison style, which I don't understand at all, cause it rocked.

I was referring to Colossus being back from the dead, not Wolverine betraying the team.

I know.

Also, I think Marvel are deliberately moving away from the Grant Morrison style, which I don't understand at all, cause it rocked.

Supposedly they're not going to undo or undermine everything Morrison did. It's all going to be worked in.

I know.

Supposedly they're not going to undo or undermine everything Morrison did. It's all going to be worked in.

Has anyone told the marvel editors this? Cause they don't seem aware. In the space of four issues since he left, we've had the spandex return, Xorn turn out to be a real person, and not Magneto after all, Magneto turn out to not be Magneto after all, and the ultimate death of the Phoenix being changed so she can come back as well. It feels a little like Chris Claremont got listened to, and now he's putting his toys back the way he likes them.

• 3 weeks later...

Bringing back Colossus was stupid. His death allowed the Legacy Virus to be cured. The cure to the Legacy Virus ushered in the "New X-Men" era. There would never have been an "e for extinction" storyline if the Legacy Virus hadn't cured all those mutates on Genosha.

Colossus coming back was such a stupid idea. Psylocke I could have lived with (but it looks like she'll be coming back in Uncanny). Having him be alive undermines everything Morrison set up.

I don't feel Whedon really gives two shits about continuity. That's why i don't like Hollywood guys writing comics. They have an innate need to fuck up everything or put out books at a snails pace. J. Michael Straczynski on Amazing Spidey is the only exception to this rule.