What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

They resorted to the "... and it was all a dream" cliché at the end of "For Whom the Bell Trolls," but that's okay because with Rita having kidnapped two children recently, I guess Trini might fear her doll would be stolen next.

Yeah, I don't know. I'm stretching.

Also, for about three seconds during the battle, a chubby kid is seen standing behind the Megazord. Odd, because no children are seen in this episode, and odder because he comes up to the waist of the MZ -- meaning he's a giant, too. Okay, for the first part, I get that they're splicing things together with the best of their ability, so it's forgivable. But they're usually better about stuff like that. For instance, in "Big Sisters," the brought in a little girl because the original story featured a young, dark-haired girl in several sequences. But for this one, why make the doll Trini's? Why not make it this boy's, and cast a chubby Asian kid for the American parts? Or simply crop him out? It's a blink-and-you-miss-it moment, so I am making a big deal out of nothing, but it bugged me a little.

Will, do you know why the kid was so big in the original?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay, I am absolutely convinced that something is going on between Zack and Trini. In "Happy Birthday, Zack," once he learns of the surprise party, Zack hugs the girls and appears to lean in to kiss Trini. He only stops because of commotion in the background. However, he holds her hand the entire time, and, though it's hard to tell, I think he has his other arm around her waist.

Will, do you know why the kid was so big in the original?

The kid gets tricked by Bandora, the Japanese Rita, and she uses her magic wand to make both the the Fairy thing and the Kid grow.

For Whom the Belll Tolls is also the first appearance of Mrs. Applebee who is the only teacher at Angel Grove High. Seriously, there are no other teachers at this school other than the principal. She also teaches everything. Everything. EVERYTHING!

Trust me, the episode most of the footage is taken from is... wow. Let's just say that the giant kid puts up a fight and the moral of the story that its wrong for your teacher and mother to be hard on you, especially if you become a giant monster.

I also like to think that Angel Grove High is where you send your kids when you really don't care what they're going to do with their lives. In later seasons, three kids just go away to some kind of international youth conference forever, one goes to train for the Olympics, two practically drop out to become junior cops then detectives then assistants to a mad scientist, one just graduates early then does nothing, and the rest just kinda disappear after they stop being useful to the program. None go to college except one and this is presumably after he becomes a race car driver/paleontologist/some kinda resort owner.

Will, I would disagree. Angel Grove High is the place to send your kids if you want them to get a head start on their future.

Zack, Jason & Trini are chosen to go a World Peace Conference. I assume this would be somewhere in Europe. And that has to look great on any college application.

Kimberly does go train for the Olympics. However, most Olympic hopefuls at that age would have private tutors. Plus, Angel Grove had a gymnastics program to begin with, which is rare.

Bulk & Skull? I always took them joining the Junior Police Force as a post secondary option for school. You see them as students after they join, so while they might not be gaining a traditional education, they are gaining training for a possible career.

Billy does graduate early and then do nothing. But think about it. Billy did not graduate at the end of the school year. He showed up one day and was told "You Graduated. Now get out." Thus, he would not have applied to college yet. So he just hung around until he got college shorted. (Also, look at all the shit he built while in high school. Does he really need college all that much?)

Expanding it to the Space Rangers, they kinda outed themselves so going to college is kinda awkward at best. Plus, Astronaut > College.

As for the rest? They all graduated and either had a job (Adam, Tanya), went to school (Kat, Tommy, Justin), or went to Africa for some reason (Aisha). Forget that last one, that is just lame.

Edit: I forgot about Rocky. He got stupid, so he is working at the Circle K. Just a hunch.

I think I thought about this too much.

It really sucks for Rocky since with most of the cases, the rangers left Angel Grove. Rocky isn't implied to have left. They just kinda decide to stop hanging out with him since he's no longer a ranger. Nope, they'd rather hang out with some annoying kid then chill wobble the guy who has been their friend for so many years.

"No Clowning Around" was a damn fine episode! The pre-costume fight with the Putties is quite good, and so is the escalation of the fight once they all morph. Oh, and Pineapple the Clown makes me want to run and hide, and I'm not afraid of clowns.

Midnight in Paris was the best movie that I saw in 2011

I think The Help will win a lot of awards, but Midnight in Paris should top it. Especially at the Oscars. I just don't see anything beating it for Best Screenplay, Director, Picture, and possibly Actor.

"No Clowning Around" was a damn fine episode! The pre-costume fight with the Putties is quite good, and so is the escalation of the fight once they all morph. Oh, and Pineapple the Clown makes me want to run and hide, and I'm not afraid of clowns.

One of my favorite things is that this is one of the few times that the individual Dinozords get to fight the monster of the day. In the original, the Tyranisaurus got to kill the monster but they changed it for some reason to the megazord for the American version.

"Power Ranger Punks" is a lot of fun, if only to watch David Yost (Billy) and Amy Jo Johnson (Kimberly) having a ball playing punks. Well, it also has Kimberly and Trini in Spandex and thongs. :wub:

That said, it does bother me that as soon as Billy and Kimberly turn back to their normal selves, they never apologize to Bulk and Skull for treating them like shit. (Billy picks a fight with Bulk, and Kimberly is a cock-tease to Skull.) Worse, Bulk and Skull get an undeserved comeuppance at the end. If the producers of the show were bent on sending messages to their young audience -- which they clearly were -- they should have had the heroes own up to the mistakes they made earlier in the episode. Instead we're treated to the victims being further victimized for laughs. :no:

"Peace, Love and Woe" introduces a love interest for Billy -- who, I assume, we'll never see again.

Overall, it's a decent episode. Madame Woe is a cool-looking foe, the Blue Ranger has a solo fight, and Billy's character is advanced a little.

Question: When they combine their Power Coins, transferring their powers to Billy, how does this help him? He doesn't do anything different, nor does he have the weapons of the other Rangers, so what's the point? Along those lines, what are their individual powers?

Power Ranger suits are basically like batteries, hence why they often shoot out sparks when hit, and why the Rangers' blunt weapons can do damage to enemies (by delivering direct energy). So giving a ranger more power actually does have an effect, albeit not necessarily a visible one. They usually get a bit stronger and more agile.

I don't think the MMPR actually have different powers from one another, other than their weapons.

I'm assuming it lets him hit harder? I dunno. Outside of having individual powers, this seasons rangers don't have individual powers. It's still a few seasons away from civilian powers and rangers who get individual abilities. As for Marge, she is never seen again which is a shame since the actress isn't terrible. I honestly believe that Alpha has a secondary Deathbot function for killing anyone who figures out who the Power Rangers are. Marge,being an intelligent girl, put two and two together, Alpha found out and was dispatched to make sure she never said another word. Trini's Cousin? Flattened. The Deaf Girl? Didn't hear him coming. Maria, the annoying girl? Well, she was stupid so she got to live.

Actually, this all brings up a problem I have. Rita knows who the Rangers are. What need is there for secrecy then? The major reason for having it is to protect their loved ones except there's no need to. The only reason I can see is the potential property damage. And I answered my own question.

While I enjoyed the original Power Rangers back in the day, I tried to watch one of the other ones the other day and it was the worst thing I've seen in a long time. It's like they went out of the way to find the worst actors in SAG. I belive it was Jungle Fury. I even saw the first movie the other day and still enjoyed it. I'd disown my kid if he liked that other shit.