SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MACHETE

Starts out AWESOME, but toward the end feels like it's retreading the mistakes of Once Upon A Time In Mexico, trying to create too many iconic characters and resolving everything in a messy undefined free for all. It's a shame that RR's own personal mexican hero subgenre peaked so early with the near perfect Desperado.

I think RR needs to take a look at something like Leon and learn from it, at least when it comes to prioritising characters. Gary Oldman stands out because there's no other semi-characters trying to steal his limelight, that film basically has three people in it and that's why it works so well.

Okay, Outsourced is pretty funny. And as an Indian myself, I've definitely experienced some of the things in the show. The Indian head shake comes to mind immediately. (Seriously, it could mean anything.) Also, Diedrich Bader is awesome.

Yeah it got me also. I expected to hate it, but it's pretty funny.

Yeah, I was incredibly skeptical at first, but my brother wasn't, apparently, and he made me watch it this week when he came home for Thanksgiving.

A lots been written about how good Toy Story 3is, and I am agreeing with that. Awesome film, one of the best I've seen all year. The ending was really sad, if I was to have one gripe, it is that it wasn't as good as the first one, but comes close. So if the one gripe I can have is that it isn't as good as Toy Story 1, then that means this movie was just awesome.

I honestly feel like Toy Stories 3 left the other movies behind in the water, but that's just me.

Legally Blonde, for me. Chick flick all the way, baby. Also, bend.... and snap! :P

EDIT: OH NO FRAKKING WAY. I just watched the second-to-last ep of Caprica. ...I know how Blood and Chrome might be working, now.

They just killed off Willy Adama.

King of the Hill Update:

Hearing Alan fucking Rickman do a Texas accent is one of life's little victories.

EDIT: I love the music in the Bluegrass Episode, Vince Gill is GREAT as Boomhauer's singing voice. Admittedly, I've got a huge soft spot for bluegrass.