What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aladdin 2: Return of Jafar. I remember loving this as a kid, and thinking it was really the only direct to video Disney sequel that wasn't shit. Christ, was I wrong. Crap story, crap animation (Stuff appears and disappears, like the Sultans hat....a hat that was destroyed two minutes beforehand) and the songs from the first movie are instrumental, and shit, the new songs are so fucking forgettable, and Dan Castellaneta is annoying as the genie. All in all, a movie from my childhood, that should have just stayed there. First movie is still awesome, but this, this is just cheap sequel crap at its finest.

I seem to be watching Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer.

I'm not entirely sure why.

You're a masochist?

Return of Jafar exists as a backdoor pilot to the Aladdin Animated series. I forgive it because of the quality of the series. It gave me Mirage, probably one of my favorite Disney villains so that's worth some forgiveness.

Shaun, I'm curious as to your thoughts of the two big twists at the end of season 3 of BSG. Also, teaser, the reveal of the last Cylon takes a character that I was only lukewarm about and turns them into one of my favorites. Roslin's character arc this season makes you wonder why the fuck she didn't win a Best Actress Emmy.

Shaun, I'm curious as to your thoughts of the two big twists at the end of season 3 of BSG. Also, teaser, the reveal of the last Cylon takes a character that I was only lukewarm about and turns them into one of my favorites. Roslin's character arc this season makes you wonder why the fuck she didn't win a Best Actress Emmy.

Okay, guessing the two big reveals... Starbuck's return and the reveal of the four of the final five?

Called both of them. Starbuck was a bit of a spoiler because I saw her on the season four cover. As soon as I figured that only four characters were hearing the music I knew they had to be cylons.

What did I think of them... Starbuck can go and die in a corner somewhere for all I care. It almost feels like the "final four" were picked at random out of a hat. Not saying it's bad, I like that you would never expect those people to be cylons. It's also interesting to see how their personalities are being developed as a result. The Roslin thing is a bit of an annoyance, I can see that it's good, I just honestly don't care. (Oh wait, my cancer has returned after being removed by magic cylon baby blood. :wacko:) Another thing that's bugging me, while I enjoy Adm. Adama and his relationship with Roslin, it makes it seem, at least in my mind, that he's not giving the rest of the ship any attention. We haven't seen Galactica's CIC in action since what? Starbuck left?

Starting with Razor there seems to be an overreliance on CGI, anyone else pick up on that?. (Awesome Retro Cylons excluded of course.) The lighting in CGI scenes as well also seems to be different, I think it started near the end of season three. Almost all the ships seem to be backlit. Similar to Star Trek TOS, and of course, classic BSG. I like it, I like it a lot. Just pointing it out.

EDIT:

I forgot to say what a kick in the balls it was that they didn't adjust the survivor count when Cally died. They sure as heck did for :shutyomouth: Starbuck. Then the count went up one the next episode, then down again. :t:

Also, HOLY FRAK, NANA VISITOR!

The episode with Nana Visitor is one of my favorites of the series. It's what sold me on The seriousness of Roslin's disease this time. Yes, her cancer came back but to be fair that's still somewhat realistic. Her cancer was put into remission. Laura Roslin is, in my opinion the best character in the series. Also, we do finally get a resolution to the entire "will they, won't they" of Roslin and Adama soon and yeah, Adama is being irresponsible because of his family on Galactica but it's warrented in my opinion.

Also, the way the final four's personalities shift because of their revelation is very organic. Tigh feels like a traitor despite always being this, Tyrol is ashamed but is kinda adjusting to it, Sam is the same guy but his big thing comes in the second half. Tory is the only one to really embrace it. Hell, Tory just shows herself to be the politician she is by the way her loyalties shift around (staying with Roslin, joining the Baltar Cult, doing anything to hide her secret.) Really, Tory is possibly my least favorite character but she's a character I love to hate, even more than Cavil. If they do an update to BSG and Philosophy, an entire essay could be written on Tory and the Search for Identity. But yeah, Cally is dead but at least it sucks a little less to be her. From her on out, it just sucks to be Chief.

Heh. Honestly, all of my favorite S4 episodes come from the second half, for a reason. Though, I personally love Starbuck, so I disagree with your assessment, but hey, to each their own. Tigh becomes even more awesome, Chief's life gets continually worse, Tory you will probably want to kill by the end of the series, and Sam... eh. I don't like what they do to him in the second half of the season.

Love Actually: LOVE IT. Why haven't I watched this prior to now? There's at least one subplot in there that everyone can relate to, and they're all so good and well woven that it doesn't feel ungodly long!

"Okay Dad. Let's go get the shit kicked out of us for love."

If someone had told me that Sean Bean was in the Island, I would have watched it years ago. The film was at 70% with Scarlett on the things that would make me watch it scale, and Bean tipped it over into 100%.

I've actually got the respect the effort of Michael Bay here, he's simultaneously using extensive product placement AND creating an allegory for the unengaged nature of youth in a densely capitalist environment designed to keeps them distracted and occupied. I mean, that's what I get from it at least.

Love Actually: LOVE IT. Why haven't I watched this prior to now? There's at least one subplot in there that everyone can relate to, and they're all so good and well woven that it doesn't feel ungodly long!

Unconstructive counterpoint- One of my least favourite movies of all time. Not denying the tremendous talent involved and how good they are in it (Emma Thompson is ALWAYS great) but the overall film is just not for me.

Unconstructive counterpoint- One of my least favourite movies of all time. Not denying the tremendous talent involved and how good they are in it (Emma Thompson is ALWAYS great) but the overall film is just not for me.

...I don't think you have a soul. :P But, fair enough.

If someone had told me that Sean Bean was in the Island, I would have watched it years ago. The film was at 70% with Scarlett on the things that would make me watch it scale, and Bean tipped it over into 100%.

I thought the Island was better when I saw it on MST3K and it was called Parts:The Clonus Horror. Watch The Island then watch Clonus and enjoy the blantant copyright infringement.

Hannah, I'll agree the episodes get really good in the second half. My jaw hit the floor at a moment in the first episode of the second half and "No Exit" is possibly my favorite episode of the series with only "Downloaded,"(loved our first look at Cylon society) "33,"(I liked the mini but the first real episode after it locked my love of this show in) "Daybreak,"(I, unlike many, love the ending of the series.) "Maelstrom,"(I honestly thought they killed Starbuck) and "Final Cut" (Three is my favorite of the humanoid cylons after Sam and I loved a good look at casual life on the Galactica.) coming close to it. I can't say why I loved "No Exit" so much without spoiling since it is a spoiler episode.

Who's going to sit down and watch Lady and the Tramp, followed by the Grant Morrison documentary tonight?

Suavestar.

This is going to sound odd but that is possibly the sexiest thing I've heard all day.

Yes, I have odd tastes. I like Disney. I like Grant Morrison. Combining the two sounds so awesome it's hot.

And what did you think of the end of it? :P

Also, you're about to hit the halfway point of the season. Please let us know what you think of the next two eps as soon as you finish them. Also, IT GETS WORSE.

Nice to see B. Adama finally figuring out his path. And the bit where Deanna teases Roslin about the final five was hilarious.

Also, I am going to watch the mid-season finale now, and I'll be in chat if anyone wants a play-by-play.

Who's going to sit down and watch Lady and the Tramp, followed by the Grant Morrison documentary tonight?

Suavestar.

This is going to sound odd but that is possibly the sexiest thing I've heard all day.

Yes, I have odd tastes. I like Disney. I like Grant Morrison. Combining the two sounds so awesome it's hot.

Huh......never thought of it like that.