What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Despicable Me: Adorable. Will Arnett was a bit miscast in a role that was basically made for Ed Asner, but nothing too much to whine about.

The House Bunny: Michelle made me watch it, but I didn't hate it. My biggest problem is that putting glasses and a ponytail on Emma Stone suddenly makes her not hot. Cute movie, though.

Yeah, Despicable Me was pretty adorkable. Unexpectedly so, to be honest.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the point of that movie was to make her not hot, just saying. :P

My favorite is Charade myself. Hannah, it's on Netflix and not just a romantic film. It's also this awesome crime film.

Charade

Watching this now! EDIT: Though, the sound levels are shit on it.

EDIT EDIT: ...Okay yeah, this definitely wins for best to this point.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: RETURN OF THE EDIT: Just watched the Fountain, too. ...it's pretty? I dunno, that's all I can really say for it.

Arrested Development - I've been going through the entire series for the first time and finished it this morning. Overall, one of the most consistently well written TV shows I've seen. Great characters, continuity, running jokes, and self-aware humor. My favorite character was Gob and my favorite episode was probably "Meat The Veals." I really hope the film gets made because I think the show had a few more seasons in it.

Gob and Tobias were my favourite, although implicit in that is the awesomeness that was Michael as the straight man. The foreshadowing with Buster in particular is brilliant, his chair in the shape of a hand, his soft toy seal, the tie in with his mother and girlfriend's names, the whole thing is unabashed brilliance. My favourite episodes are probably Good Grief, The one where they build a house and The Cabin Show ("I'm Oscar! Dot.com!").

Man this makes me want to go back and rewatch this all.

Michael was probably my second favorite character, for his straight man role and his own Bluthness. I don't think there was a character in the main cast I disliked, as they all brought something different to the show. "Good Grief" is another favorite of mine for the use of the Charlie Brown Christmas music.

Lo: At first glance, this appears to be a horror movie. It's not. It's a indie romance, kind of black comedy. It's a tiny film, but it's very nice character study, with an amazing ending. It's Faustian, which is totally up my alley, but it's worth checking out.

Dollman Vs Demonic Toys. Wow. Just wow. The movie is 66 minutes long and a sequel to 3 different films. The plot is about a bunch of evil toys summoned by hobo getting killed. They get fought by a foot tall midget alien and his girlfriend who's been shrunk by other aliens to be a foot tall.Yeah, half the movie is flashbacks to other movies, with one exception, the entire cast is a foot tall, and Quiet Riot does the music. Seriously, just what the fuck. This is the kind of movie that gets made when you drunk and decide that you want to go straight to video like a comet.

Watched a heap of movies on my recent tour of Europe, mainly on the plane flights over and back. I'll score out of five, even though I don't really think it's always the best option.

The Expendables No where near as good as I was expecting, even when Sly was making fun of his age. Jet Li was good in the comedy type role of his, even if it was a bit racist. 2.5 stars out of 5.

Toy Story 3 What a fantastic ending to the franchise, even if they left the door slightly ajar if they get greedy. Just a fantastic movie all round and deserves an Oscar nom for best movie. 5 out 5.

Easy A I'm a self confessed Stanley Tucci fan, I loved every one of his scenes, even if in real life I'm yet to meet a kid that is well adjusted that had parents who were this 'cool' or open minded. I'll give the movie 3.5 stars out of 5.

Dinner with Schmucks Just a really really bad movie. The actual dinner part was highly entertaining and if not for Zack Gal, I wouldn't give this movie more than 1 star. 2 out of 5.

Wall Street Money Never Sleeps Second time for me watching this, thought I'd give it another chance, but was equally as bad the second time around. 2 out of 5.

Sorcerers Apprentice People will pan me for this, but I actually thought this was quite enjoyable. Suited Nic Cages style and Al Molina was fantastic in it. And anything with Monica Belluci get's 1 star more. 3 out of 5, nearly 3.5.

The American Pretty understated performance by Clooney and upon reflection this movie should have really dragged, but it didn't. It flowed really well. Not sure it's up for repeat viewing, but good tight performances. 3.5 out 5.

In Bruges Great film. Totally not what I was expecting, but really enjoyable. Brendon Gleeson was fantastic, but like Harry Potter, Ralph Fiennes steals every scene he is in. Going with 4 out of 5 stars for this.

Angels and Demons Will need to watch this again, as it was in Hungarian with English sub titles, but I think I prefered this over Da Vinci code. I thought Ewan McGregor was great in this. 3 out of 5 stars.

The Other Guys Hilarious movie and I'm not really a fan of Will Ferrel these days. But Marky Marks straight man was pretty damn good and anything with Steve Coogan is gold. Solid 3.5 stars, nudging 4 out of 5.

Salt Didn't really wanted to watch this, just wanted to see what the twist was, as you know it had to be something other than what the clip showed. Was ok, one of Leiv's lesser performances, but he's still in it, so I'll give it 2.5 out of 5.