What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am loving this week's episode of 30 Rock. It really got across everything that's wrong with the shows on Bravo.

Also, this moment.

She does say ham well. Yeah, I really enjoyed the episode, and Gay Jack was just awesome.

The Simpson's movie on Blu-Ray The Blu-Ray part is important, as I saw no differences between this, and the DVD release, apart from the DVD version having a title menu which would load up when the film ended. I find myself enjoying this film less every time I watch it, I just can't find it as good as I did when I first watched it. Which is sad, as I really want to love this film, and I just can't.

Wall Street: Money never sleeps: I have no clue what the hell what the hell I just watched. I think I sat through over two hours of this movie not understanding just what the fuck was going on. Boring, bland, and really just not that interesting to watch. I only finished it cause there was fuck all else on, and I thought it would get better or at least make some sense. It did neither.

The true story of Wrestlemania: Good, but nothing special. It spends a good chunk of its two hours going over Wrestlemania 1, and then just saying "And then we did this...and we did that..." and it gets boring, and starts to take itself way to seriously as it progresses, and barely glosses over things in later Mania's. So, even for a wrestling fan, the documentary will get dull after the first hour of the same shit, again and again. It's basically a two hour advert/commercial for Wrestlemania and why you should go to see it live.

Red: John Malkovich as the crazy sidekick was great. The rest of the film, was average at best, and the ending was just piss poor.

Mystic River: Really disappointing. Something about this film just always seemed like it was one step off of being enjoyable. It didn't really flow well, and just ended on a, well an ending.

Dirty Harry: The film that started the series. I would have enjoyed this more if I'd seen if before Magnum Force and the Enforcer. As those films pretty much cover the same ground, in the same way. I really enjoyed the film though, it is easily the best of the three Dirty Harry films I've seen so far.

Once I've been able to watch the Dead Pool and Sudden Impact, I'll probably give my full thoughts on the series as a whole.

Space Cowboys: Well. That was shit. I just didn't give a shit about this film, and I think I fell asleeep during it, and woke up, and decided to just not go back to see what I missed.

A couple of months ago, I watched the first half of Kick Ass and called it a bit shit.

I've now watched the full film, and can now call it complete shit. Nicholas Cage's Adam West impersonation was spot, and pretty fucking awesome, but everything else in this movie was just fucking crap. The special effects looked like shit, the action was pretty fucking bland, and I still dislike how the films pretends it's not a generic superhero film, but then goes through the clichés.

I never thought I'd say this about a Mark Millar comic, as what I've read of his work, I've hated, but the comic ending, although incredibly mean spirited, it was a lot better than this shit. At least that had a reason and rhyme and it made a name for itself, by trying to be different. This, this was just your generic superhero story, with a crappy ending.

Everyone's happy! And everyone now has a girlfriend! Yay! Oh there's other superheroes now, we won't show them, but I think they exist.

Near two hours long, and just crappy.

You have no soul. One of the most fun films of last year, in fact probably the most fun.

Hadn't realised that Richard Ayoade directed that last episode of Community. That's Moss from The IT Crowd for those who don't know, or far better in my book, Dean Learner from Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

Dean Learner was an actor, producer and visionary. I'd take Ayoade's stint as Saboo on the Mighty Boosh ahead of Moss. You know nothing of the Crunch!

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace is overrated bullshit.

By contrast, Kick-Ass is rather good.

In a rare instance, I agree with Suave, although Chloe Moretz and Nicolas Cage saved the film from being shit for me. I think the film's major failing is that Hit-Girl and Big Daddy are so much more interesting than Kick-Ass. He would be halfway interesting if his story stayed true to the comics, but the film Hollywoodized it and took away what little cleverness was in the comic.

Better than than Dave walking in on his dad fucking a random chick on the couch.

Actually, the parallel to the comic that would match my point is instead of Dave getting the girl, her laughing in his face and sending him a picture of her blowing her boyfriend.

Guys, guys, it's okay.

They both fucking sucked.

Sure, but the degrees of suck are up for debate.