What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

See, I think that it's cute, except for the part where one of my exes was inspired to his lifelong pursuit of chivalry off of it, and holds this Robin Hood up as one of his heroes. That, and I'm sure it's inspired a furry or three.

Yeah, Al is off.

EDIT: Also, I have to fight Austen in a room full of mirrors, now.

My bad. What I meant to put was Dragon: The Bruce Lee story.

But its brilliant. Apparently Bruce Lee was kept alive by magic mirrors and... yeah, I'll agree with out that Dragon wasn't the best biopic ever. However, it's probably the only biopic to ever get a video game. Well, outside of My Left Foot: The Game but it's kinda lame.

But, now I'll have to actually watch Enter The Dragon.

Yes, yes you should.

Going back through my collection, the oldest dvd's I own are probably Batman & Robin (I owned Forever on VHS), Bring It On (no justification needed there, it's a classic), American Pie and Blade.

I still have a fairly large VHS collection somewhere, should probably get rid of it.

Much like I should have disposed of my CD singles collection ages ago, rather than keep them located near my albums where my girlfriend can find them and laugh with evil glee. Four years on, I still don't think I've learned...

I'm watching DH Lawrence's Women in Love on iPlayer. I'd like to say it's because I'm as cultured as my accent would imply. In reality, I'm looking for the bits where Rosamund Pike takes her clothes off.

Much like I should have disposed of my CD singles collection ages ago, rather than keep them located near my albums where my girlfriend can find them and laugh with evil glee. Four years on, I still don't think I've learned...

I'm watching DH Lawrence's Women in Love on iPlayer. I'd like to say it's because I'm as cultured as my accent would imply. In reality, I'm looking for the bits where Rosamund Pike takes her clothes off.

Iplayer you say?

The Dead Pool:The final Dirty Harry movie, and frankly, you could put any generic hard boiled cop into this movie, set it anywhere in America, and you'd probably get the exact same movie. Harry's lines are more generic than ever, and the story is just stupid, and has a giant swerve that comes out of nowhere and makes you wonder if they had to put the swerve in at the last minute. Am I calling this good, but nothing special. Yes I am. I enjoyed it for what it was, a generic cop movie starring Clint Eastwood, but as a follow up, and final showdown for Dirty Harry, it's a big letdown.

Also, it seemed like the only song that the filmakers could afford to use was "Welcome to the jungle" it's the only song in the film that isn't scored or generic background music.

Now that I have finished the Dirty Harry films, I think I can say that I can't believe I've ignored Eastwood for so long. That man is a fucking bad ass. I've read reviews for the Dirty Harry films saying they got worse each and every new movie. I agree with that comment, although they can all be seen as fun, the problem is, it's the same movie over and over again. I get it, Harry is a bad ass, and the woman love him, and the men want to be him, but the plots become so generic, that you can pretty much describe the movies beat for beat. Harry gets a new partner, he doesn't like them, and they don't like Harry. Boss tells Harry he's being bumped from homicide, Harry smartmouths back onto homicide. Partner and Harry become friends, and in the final sequence the partner either dies/mortally wounded.

I would like to say that the series was "Crap" "I hated them all!" "I'm Suaving this shite!" But I can't, because I enjoyed all of them, some were better than others, but Clint Eastwood at least made them all enjoyable to watch.

Ranking the films from best to worst:

Dirty Harry

Magnum Force

The Enforcer

The Dead Pool

Sudden Impact

How about Austen doesn't watch any of the Leone films just so we don't have to completely write him off.

Frankly, I'm thinking if he Suaves any of those, we burn him at the stake.

Somehow, I'm going to take that as a challenge. I already have the films on my rental list, but now, I can't wait to watch the westerns.

The Mummy Returns is quite a fun movie......yes?.........anyone?

I'm quite a big fan of that movie, actually, as with its predecessor. Just not Mummy 3. Brendan Fraser couldn't save that one from the absence of both Rachel Weisz and an interesting plot.

Agree with all of this. The first two are some very entertaining movies.

So the Silent Hill movie sequel started filming today. Entirely unknowns casted as far as I can tell.

Michael J Bassett is taking over the writing and directing duties. Never seen any of his work but apparently he made a Solomon Kane movie that a lot of people liked.

This one is going to be based on Silent Hill 3, so, we'll see how it goes.

Some set photos have popped up. They look pretty creepy. Also, apparently the film is going to be 3D.

It's going to be weird seeing them try to do Lake View Amusement Park without the context of it being in the first movie. An adaptation of SH3 is just going to be strange in general considering how the first one ended.

Honestly, I'm surprised that they didn't go for 2 or 4, both of which have a lot more film potential.