What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

Scream 4 - Hoooly shit this sucked. The first ten minutes alone may be the most eye-rolling ten minutes in the history of cinema.

Never make another sequel. That's an order.

Totally agree on the opening. That thing got so much praise and I've zero idea why, it was a complete parody of the Scream format.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scream 4 - Hoooly shit this sucked. The first ten minutes alone may be the most eye-rolling ten minutes in the history of cinema.

I think Mike Cole said he loved it and that only the original is better...

This just in, Michael Cole is wrong about something; more at 11.

Totally agree on the opening. That thing got so much praise and I've zero idea why, it was a complete parody of the Scream format.

Because they badmouthed Saw, and other slasher films that have the "Shock" opening. But then, they do it themselves. It was a giant clusterfuck of shit.

To prepare for South Park, I sat down and watched The Human Centipede my thoughts?

Don't fucking bother watching this. I like to say this film is the next hostel/cabin fever. Both those films had strong first acts where you met the characters and were introduced to the issue, but after that, they fell apart. Just like this.

I was so ready to be scared by the human centipede when I finally saw it, and when I did, all I could say is "Oh. That's it. Wonder what they will fill the next forty five minutes with..." The answer is crappy padding.

This film isn't crap because it is horrible horror that shocks the shit out of you. It is crappy because it is just not interesting, nothing about it really stands out, bar the image of three humans cut together, which disturbing at first, isn't that much to talk about.

The doctor actually gives the full title of the film at one point, and actually says "The Human Centipede: First sequence" which is really the only interesting part of the film.

The ending sucked as well. This isn't the worst film I've ever seen, but it is still pretty fucking mediocre. It felt like the writer had an idea for what he wanted, and then hoped the film would be able to write itself around that. And it didn't.

I had to start asking myself questions such as:

How did he get the human centipede on a high surgery table? He's a retired doctor, there's no way he's strong enough to do it on his own. Yes, he was able the Japanese man out of his car into his cellar, but he couldn't carry his weight, and the two girls without breaking the stitching around their mouths.

How did he get them in a cage? He might have lowered the cage onto them the first time, but it's in the same spot for the entire movie. It looked like a cage they would have to slide into backwards.

Why can't the three work together and move when they have to go somewhere, but they are shown to be around the house, and in the garden at different points of the film? They've been the centipede for around a week in the film, so they should have to have a set rhythm for moving in that time.

I may be nitpicking at the film in some points there, but really, if the film was more interesting, I wouldn't have noticed these points in the first place.

Chicken Little Generic film. You'd expect something more from Disney animated than something this generic. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. A good, but nothing special film. And Zach Braff was incredibly annoying here. The only character who was any interesting was fish out of water. If Disney made a spin off film for him, I'd watch it.

To prepare for South Park, I sat down and watched The Human Centipede my thoughts?

Don't fucking bother watching this. I like to say this film is the next hostel/cabin fever. Both those films had strong first acts where you met the characters and were introduced to the issue, but after that, they fell apart. Just like this.

Austen, if you thought the first acts of Hostel and Cabin Fever were the strongest parts of those films, then you have zero taste whatsoever. The same goes for Human Centipede.

Austen, if you thought the first acts of Hostel and Cabin Fever were the strongest parts of those films, then you have zero taste whatsoever. The same goes for Human Centipede.

The opening of Hostel, where they lost the friend and wondered where he was, actually was interesting, as it seemed like a mystery of where he was and what happened to him. It was when they got to the torture scenes just completely lost my interest.

Human Centipede and Hostel were both shit, in that when they got to their big bits, the tortures in Hostel, and the actual Centipede in Human Centipede, it felt like they were just being graphic and fucked up for the sake of being graphic and fucked up. Cabin Fever I might need to watch again, but I remember not liking it very much last time I watched it.

it felt like they were just being graphic and fucked up for the sake of being graphic and fucked up.

You watched The Human Centipede and didn't have this expectation?

It was 2AM when I started the film, and I couldn't sleep.

I was kind of hoping the film would have more than just the five seconds of shock of seeing a Human Centipede, and not a further forty five minutes of what felt like the writer repeatedly asking "What would you do with a human centipede....I know, make it a pet dog!!"

The Shield didn't end how I thought it would, but god damn if it didn't blow my mind. It was great that Shane was shown to be the snivelling coward that we all knew he was.

While looking up info about the final episode, I learned that Shane

wasn't originally going to kill himself and his family. But when Shield creator Shawn Ryan heard about Chris Benoit, he changed Shane's fate to mirror Benoit's.

The Shield didn't end how I thought it would, but god damn if it didn't blow my mind. It was great that Shane was shown to be the snivelling coward that we all knew he was.

While looking up info about the final episode, I learned that Shane

wasn't originally going to kill himself and his family. But when Shield creator Shawn Ryan heard about Chris Benoit, he changed Shane's fate to mirror Benoit's.

Wow interesting. Wonder how it was going to go then. He had to die, so by Vic's hand?

Hard to know, agreed he had a soft spot for mom's and kids, but he really REALLY hated Mara and he killed a cop in cold blood as well remember. While I think you're right, if they wrote it that he was painted in to a corner, I could see him doing it. Or he could have pinned the whole thing on Mara, that would have been awesome.

Chinatown, for my Masculinity in American Film class. Like the way the mystery was built up, and how it was shot, and the characters in generla. Between this and Rosemary's Baby, I'm noticing a theme of pretty fucked up relationships; then again, knowing his tendencies, this isn't that surprising. Not sure if I'd watch it again, but definitely worth your time.