What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

do u mean like a to be continued type thing suave? I really can't speak of Quantum Leap as I don't have it on DVD yet and haven't seen the show in years.

I mean it was a cliffhanger to make you say "Oh my god! Sam is in the body of Dan Toland! I have to watch the next episode..." but sometimes, it's like "Oh my god! Sam is in the body of a fifteen year old boy who is in a car race....again"

Went to see My Blody Valentine in 3-D.

It is as bad as you would think it was.

3-D effects were nice.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I've been watching a bunch of movies during the winter break...but I wanted to highlight a few.

I Finally got my hands on Hellboy 2: The Golden Army and I really truly liked it. It held the mood, was a continuation but also could be watched on it's own, imaginative, and entertaining as hell. The first one slided a bit when it got down to the last 30 minutes but this one paced itself quite well and didn't have that same problem. I really liked it and it's sad that it got overshadowed by the Dark Knight and Iron Man because it's a great movie in it's own right.

Traitor was another interesting movie that possesses a little more than the usual political thriller. The main character is intriguing as hell and it posed interesting questions in terms of the political and terrorist mindset. Plus it's starring Don Cheadle who I think is amazing.

(Re)Watched the Jurassic Park trilogy (seen 1 and 2 before, watching three for the first time), 1 was excellent in terms of plot, themes, portrayal of the dinosaurs, and building tension. The Lost World was okay, they have a real tense scene with the trailer and the dinosaur portrayal and themes rock here, but there's also a lot of goofy stuff (especially the ending sequence) and less intense scenes. The third film is not quite the disaster I thought it would be, but it also doesn't hold a candle to the other films in any shape or form, except maybe the characters are better than 2 because it's less expansive cast, the tension isn't nearly as well done as the other films, the dinosaurs are more monster than animal, the plot doesn't have the intelligent themes that the others have and really those are the major downfalls. Jurassic Park excelled when it took itself seriously, treated the dinosaurs as animals rather than monsters, and it dealt with more adult themes of morality and ethics of the situation and the fears of capitalism. Ultimately the first movie is excellent while the other two dip down in quality.

Also watched the first three Harry Potter films while the first two were enjoyable, they were ultimately unremarkable for me. There's a few reasons for this, the kids are too young and haven't quite developed as actors/actresses as they would late be. The films are too light-hearted and colorful. The third film took the tone of the book and became a little bit darker, and it helped the film become the best one I've seen yet. The actors and actresses are more mature and fitting into their roles nicely. Plus the third one expands the world a bit by adding in a lot more supporting characters (including the awesome Gary Oldman) and the dementors. I'm excited to watch the fourth movie this weekend.

Stay the F*** Away From Righteous Kill. It's terrible.

Just picked up The Negotiator, based on the fact that Kevin Spacey & Sam Jackson for £3 is probably worth it. Started watching it, and the opening credits starts to list the main supporting cast, and its like a who's who of great actors who from my favorite tv shows and films. David Morse (green mile), Ron Rifkin (Alias), John Spencer (West Wing), Paul Giamatti. I'm pretty excited to watch this thing now.

John Adams. They seemed to pay regular lip-service to women's rights and slavery without ever actually dealing with these issues. They did however ensure that every supposedly moral character opposed these problems, even it was just secretly. Aside from these cheap regular asides I was very well done, I was suitably impressed. One thing, did everyone really have west country accents back then? I'm just wondering if the US congress was genuinely filled with Wurzels imitators.

Battlestar Galactica 4.12: A Disquiet Follows My Soul.

'm not really sure why Bill Adama is reading Emily Dickinson. But, hey.

And just when you think they can't get any lower, they can. They really really can. Especially Gaeta. He's taken a really dark turn this half of the season that I was not expecting.

Though it's nice to see Roslin having her Rocky moment. And yay for them finally showing Roslin and Adama in bed together! (And now something horrible's going to happen. Because no one in this show can ever have happy things.)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

Watched Clerks: Uncensored yesterday dunno what I'll watch this afternoon.... Might pull out BTAS and start a DCAU Marathon welll minus SS, Z, and TT lol. Or I may dig through my DVD boxes that I haven't unpacked and get out Iron Man it's been awhile since I saw it.