What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

Family Guy: For their Halloween episode, Family Guy deals with Quagmire's sister being a victim of domestic abuse. It had some nice moments, like Iraq Lobster. But overall, this was pretty forgettable, and could have aired at any point. 2 out of 5

That was such a fucked up episode because of how dark and unfunny it was on purpose. It was all about domestic violence and murder. Last night's episode was unfunny as well, but for different reasons. The only good joke was the shot they took at Lacey Chabert who did the voice of Meg for the first season.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Money Ball - I've read the book and loved it. I love Sorkin and Pitt so went in with really high expectations. I thought it was good but not great. The performances were really good and I think Jonah Hill should do more drama as he is really quite good in this. I want to rate it higher, but something about it left me feeling a little unsatisfied. 3/5

Just finished season 3 of Breaking Bad and I can easily say this is the best television series I have EVER seen.

It only gets better with series 4. The only flaw I find in the show, is that the series finales, never feel like finales, they feel more like the continuation of one long storyline.

I'm about to kill myself waiting for season 4 to be added to Netflix, any idea what that'll be?

Just finished season 3 of Breaking Bad and I can easily say this is the best television series I have EVER seen.

It only gets better with series 4. The only flaw I find in the show, is that the series finales, never feel like finales, they feel more like the continuation of one long storyline.

I'm about to kill myself waiting for season 4 to be added to Netflix, any idea what that'll be?

Sorry. I'm in the UK. If you want, I can send you a link to a site where you can stream the show online, through PM, if you want.

With long train journeys, I've been able to catch up on some stuff:

Bridesmaids: I enjoyed it. Funny film. It goes by the numbers, but it has some nice funny moments. 3 out of 5.

Friends with benefits: Not the best romantic comedy ever, but enjoyable. Like bridesmaids, you can pretty much plot out the entire film in your mind, but that doesn't mean it wasn't fun to watch. I kind of want to see the fake romantic comedy starring Jason Segal that they show throughout the film as a sort of parody of how stupid some romantic comedies can be. 3 out of 5.

Horrible Bosses: Starts off pretty funny, but by the end, it just sort of falls apart. Kevin Spacey is a standout as a dickhead boss, but overall, it's a film I would say is worth watching one time. Rent it, but don't buy it. 2.5 out of 5

Cowboys and Aliens: Pretty damn average. It's just, there. Nothing really interesting happens, and the reveal of why the aliens are attacking is just stupid:

They want the cowboy's gold, as it's valuable to them, for some reason not really explained, and the aliens attacking are just there to find out the humans weaknesses, before a full invasion. Say what you want about independence day, but at least the aliens in that film had a better reason to attack than just wanting to mine gold.

2 out of 5

Walking Dead Series 2; Part 1: First episode was pretty slow, but once it got into a set pace, it was pretty damn enjoyable. I can't wait for the second part, and the way they did the cliffhanger was shocking, and yet, it actually made sense. I'm going to go back and watch all the episodes of WD from series 1 up until now, over the Christmas Break. I love this show. 4.5 out of 5

Dexter: The last two episodes have been scene setters more than anything else. If it wasn't for the ending of the latest episode from last week, they would be easily forgettable. Enjoyable, but not up to the greatness that was series 4. 3.5 out of 5.

Flypaper: A generic heist film. But it was actually pretty enjoyable. Didn't bring anything new to the bank heist situation, but still, was a fun film. 3 out of 5.

Escape From New York: Cheesy, but fun. Great theme song, and an enjoyable film. 4 out of 5

Escape From LA: Cheesy, and not very fun. It just felt like an unfunny parody of escape from New York. 1.5 out of 5.

Family Guy, and The Simpsons this week started off pretty good, but once they got to their main stories, it was just paint by the numbers stuff, and pretty forgettable. 2.5 out of 5 for each

The Spectacular Spider-Man - Finished the first season last night. That was awesome. My only real complaint is that it things could have been drawn out a bit more. The Green Goblin stuff could have lasted the entire season and saved Venom for the second. But these are very minor complaints. This has become my favorite Spider-Man cartoon of all time. Cannot wait to see the 2nd season.

The Spectacular Spider-Man - Finished the first season last night. That was awesome. My only real complaint is that it things could have been drawn out a bit more. The Green Goblin stuff could have lasted the entire season and saved Venom for the second. But these are very minor complaints. This has become my favorite Spider-Man cartoon of all time. Cannot wait to see the 2nd season.

If you liked the first season you'll LOVE the 2nd season, it incredibly well done.

Watched the Ben 10 Generator Rex crossover. It wasn't bad, It was every crossover everyone has ever seen, but it wasn't bad. Characters meet up, hate each other, find out their not so different, they team up to beat the bad guy, refference to them meeting again some day. One thing I didn't like was the underuse of John Dimagio. I'm sure not many people on this site watch either of these shows but if you do, check this out, it's fanservice done well.

Black Mirror, Charlie Brooker's new show, is fucking DARK. Three Twilight Zone style tales in the series and in the first one the following occurs- A Kate Middleton equivalent is kidnapped and there is just one demand. She will be executed at 4pm later that day unless the Prime Minister has sex with a pig live on national television. Yup, you read that right.