SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ha, that's awesome.

This show is the root of my dislike for Storm too. She's such a drama queen! She's a mutant, she doesn't need to narrate everything she does! It's all "Winds, I command you" and "Lightning, hear me!" and once and I'm not even joking, she goes nuts and takes the time to say "Let the primal forces of nature continue to be unleashed!". They're already unleashed, but she feels the need to make sure that this existing state of affairs continues, as though the weather needed that bit of micro-management. I really don't like Halle Berry, but she never had a shot at my support when playing this irritating woman.

Thanks to my film class, I've started watching Alfred Hitchcock movies for the first time ever. So far, I've watched:

Shadow of a Doubt

Rear Window

Rope

Vertigo

The Man Who Knew Too Much

In the coming weeks, I'll be watching Dial M for Murder, Psycho, The Birds, Frenzy and Marnie. We're watching seven films in class and we had to choose three on our own to watch outside of class. The Man Who Knew Too Much, Dial M for Murder, and Marnie are three I am watching outside of class. I'm loving this class and the films. Even Rope, which was all kinds of ridiculous, has plenty of merits.

Cluedo: The British game show version of the board game. The main idea would be that they would show you a preshot set of scenes before a panel of guests would ask the suspects questions to deduce who did it where and with what. It's notable for the sheer amount of actors involved in Doctor Who they got to star in it. Joanna Lumley, Rula Lenska (Doctor Styles in Resurrection of the Daleks), and Kate Mara both played Mrs. Peacock in separate series; Michael Jayston (The Valeyard) Played Col. Mustard in the second series of the program; Richard Wilson (Doctor Constantine in The Empty Child) is Rev. Green in the second series: and, oh yeah, Tom Baker plays Prof. Plum in series 3. It's honestly very campy but a fun show.

X-Men: It's aged quite a bit, and some of the effects looked pretty bad on blu-ray. Overall, I enjoyed it more than I have when I watched the film before. 3 out of 5.

X-Men 2: I still don't see the big deal about the film. It's ok, but not spectacular. 3.5 out of 5

X-Men 3: Pretty crappy. I just didn't care about anything that happened, and it was just, dull, that's all I can say, dull, and bland. 2 out of 5

30 minutes or less: Pizza delivery boy is strapped with a bomb, and is told to rob a bank? That description is probably the only funny thing that happens in the entire film. If you've ever seen a slacker film, then you know what to expect here, which is just, boring. 1.5 out of 5

Thanks to my film class, I've started watching Alfred Hitchcock movies for the first time ever. So far, I've watched:

Shadow of a Doubt

Rear Window

Rope

Vertigo

The Man Who Knew Too Much

In the coming weeks, I'll be watching Dial M for Murder, Psycho, The Birds, Frenzy and Marnie. We're watching seven films in class and we had to choose three on our own to watch outside of class. The Man Who Knew Too Much, Dial M for Murder, and Marnie are three I am watching outside of class. I'm loving this class and the films. Even Rope, which was all kinds of ridiculous, has plenty of merits.

Alfred Hitchcock could easily be my favorite directer of all time. Vertigo is my favorite but they're all masterpieces. Psycho blew my mind, but that's probably partly because I was seven years old when I first saw it. :P

Watched Lockout. I enjoyed it, but it's pretty flawed. The casting in particular is bad. Guy Pierce can do the tough guy thing ok, but can't do the funny John McClain style quips without coming off goofy. Maggie Grace is just horrible. I wish she'd stop being in everything. The best character was the evil crazy brother, and we don't even get a payoff with him. The CGI is also not up to par. The motorcycle chase is really bad, and they try to hide it by blurring everything like a racing game. I wouldn't mind a sequel as long as you know who isn't in it.

I'm rewatching Spider-Man 2. I haven't seen this in a few years. Man, Raimi is written the FUCK all over this film, especially in some of the reaction shots. Also, the Bruce Campbell. But man, there's some really good tracking shots for the web-slinging and some solid practical effects in here.

Also, I'm sorry, but I really don't see how people can view MJ as a bitch in this.

And I remember seeing this at a music camp that I went to in the city I'm living in now that I did over the summer. I was in middle school, or just in high school, want to say summer leaving eighth grade and going into ninth, or ninth going into tenth, and we went across from the dorms we were staying in to the campus cinema that used to exist. Man. Now I feel old.

I was in middle school, or just in high school, want to say summer leaving eighth grade and going into ninth, or ninth going into tenth, and we went across from the dorms we were staying in to the campus cinema that used to exist. Man. Now I feel old.

GODDAMMIT I WAS OLDER THAN YOU ARE RIGHT NOW

e9c7b2ed-4ee8-437d-8d47-20a3c13ef936.jpg

MEMORIES. I HAVE THEM. ALSO THE TOWN IS SIGNIFICANTLY CHANGED FROM WHAT IT WAS BACK THEN I AM ALLOWED TO FEEL OLD. :P

(Also I've had most of a mason jar of wine over the last few hours, that may be contributing to this.)

Clearly, AI arms that may or may not have the ability to overtake your higher brain functions are the key to nuclear fission. Brilliant thinking there, Ock. Truly you are a genius.

Also, everyone in that room is gonna be dead in a few years from the effects of crating a small scale nuclear sun in an enclosed space.

Wow. That reaction shot from Rosie screams Raimi. Seriously. When comparing this to the current gen of superhero films, this is something.

That whole movie was Sam Raimi unleashed, especially the scenes in the operating theater. To the movie's benefit, I think. It could have been another generic superhero movie, but this had its director's fingerprints all over it. I admire that.

• 2 weeks later...

I came to the realization I've probably only seen half of the Bond films and I can't quite remember half the ones I have. In an attempt to remedy this, I've started rewatching them on iTunes.

Dr. No: There's major potential here. You see a lot of what will make Bond Bond. The formula isn't quite all there yet but the film does a pretty awesome job. My one complaint is that Honey Ryder is just kinda there. She just randomly shows up and follows Bond around. For being the prototype of a Bond Girl, she kinda sucks.

I'm planning to listen where I can. Most of my podcast listening comes from the 45 minute walk to and from work unless I find myself doing a lot of gaming. I'm probably going to try to average a movie a week so that should be enough time to listen to each episode before moving onto the next movie.