What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Constantine- Even though it twists the characters away from their original setting this somehow still feels Hellblazerish. It's actually pretty good, it really channels that whole high-stakes spiritual Macgyver thing John Constantine is supposed to have.

Magic Mike: Someone was smart when they marketed this movie. Present it as a movie about male strippers, give us a drama about a man in his 30s and his efforts to grow up. Add in scenes at his work place as a male stripper and it's a good movie. Nothing I'll ever watch again and, honestly, Showgirls is a more fun movie about strippers if that's what you're watching this for.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Watched season 1. April is almost completely useless and so much of the humor is the turtles adjusting to things you'd think they'd seen on the TV but still, fun stuff.

Covert Affairs - Being mostly caught up on Burn Notice & White Collar, I figured I would give another USA show a shot. This is not on the same level as the aforementioned series. The entire time I am thinking this is a 'real world' version of Chuck (having a main character be CIA Agent Walker sure helps the thoughts along). I just finished and it hit me. This show just never stops; never gives you a chance to breathe. There is no lighthearted moments. Just grim and gritty. Which is the point, but after the 3 seasons in six days, it gets old.

Shasta McNasty - I remembered this show for some reason. It lasted one season and I have no idea why it stuck in my head. So when I found this (ripped from VHS no less), I figured it would all come back to me. It didn't. I had some weird tastes as a kid.

Two Guys and A Girl - Again, this stuck in my head for some reason. After watching, I still do not know. Ryan Reynolds is turned up to level 11 of annoying. I might have dropped this early in the second season if not for Fillion joining the cast.

Like Water - Documentary on Anderson Silva right before his first fight against Chael Sonnen. Not sure how I feel about this one. I liked it well enough, but it felt real surface level. Also, felt like it was edited after it was finished but before release. Better than the other MMA documentary I watched that I cannot recall the name of, but lower end of sports documentaries.

• 2 weeks later...

The Blues Accordin' to Lightnin' Hopkins (1968) - Found this randomly on YouTube just now. I must say, I am rather confused as to what the point of this film was. Most of this the film is just Lightnin' songs played over footage of his hometown. What narration Lightnin' gives is sparse and rather generic. I wish this had been more like the first five minutes of Lightnin' (and friends) sitting in his living room, sharing a fifth and just playing. Still, it is only 31 minutes long and it could have been a black screen with Lightnin' playing and it wouldn't have been a waste of time. Worth a glance if you like the music.

WMAC Masters - Finally, one of the more obscure kids shows I liked that is actually still fun. Simple concept of taking stunt martial artists and making fake fights. Basically a live action Mortal Kombat (even includes the health bars). What I noticed this time around was that this took from UFC as well with an emphasis on the different fighting styles going head to head. I was impressed with the continuity of the fake fighting league and how they always added a little nuance into the show to never let it become stale. Pure cheese, but I loved every episode.

Just got back from Rifftrax Live! Starship Troopers. So many Denise Richards Jokes. I haven't seen this many since that night I watched a ton of The Soup then listened to the The World Is Not Enough episode of For Your Ears Only. Seriously, true story.

They're doing Night of the Living Dead in October. Should be fun.

Oblivion is the least original film of all time. Slap together Wall-E, Moon and Battlefield Earth and you've got Oblivion.

The main character is called Jack Harper for christ's sake!

I watched it the other day and within a short time figured out the whole movie and it's plot twists. That's how unoriginal it was.

Trying to get caught up on Dexter, and I just finished season 4.

So happy to see LaGuerta get killed. I hated that woman. I don't see how it helps him though, since she disappeared right after accusing him of being the Bay Harbor Butcher. Interesting that they left Hannah alive. I wonder if she'll be back for season 5 or if they try to spin her into her own show. Really, the only person that deserves a happy ending is Angel. He's a good cop surrounded by bad ones.

So happy to see LaGuerta get killed. I hated that woman. I don't see how it helps him though, since she disappeared right after accusing him of being the Bay Harbor Butcher. Interesting that they left Hannah alive. I wonder if she'll be back for season 5 or if they try to spin her into her own show. Really, the only person that deserves a happy ending is Angel. He's a good cop surrounded by bad ones.

That sounds like you just watched Season 7. Season 4 is the Trinity Killer season.

That sounds like you just watched Season 7. Season 4 is the Trinity Killer season.

Uh, yeah. I don't know why I said 4. Probably because I'm also in the middle of season 4 of Warehouse 13.