What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mars Attacks looks awful on Blu-Ray, the special effects look cheap and cheesy, the music is just lame, and everyone seems to only show up for the money, and the dialogue is bloody awful, and the ending is horrible, and stupid. This movie has aged badly.

All in all, I really enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

Those are all positives right?

Yes. Because as Will said right after you:

Mars Attacks is a tribute to 50s sci-fi B-movies. Everything Suavestar listed off (with perhaps the exception of just being there for the money) is a trait of those films and it's part of why I love it so much.

Yeah, it's awesome in its own very odd way. When I say there for the money, it was an all star cast, and most of them, just do nothing, like Danny DeVito, it felt like they were just doing it, because they were down on their luck, and needed the money, which I thought was part of the joke.

Spock recommending violence or sacrificing some to save more ties into his logical and unemotional approach, but it's startling to see how incredibly easy it is to tip him into murderous rage if you poke him long enough. There's virtually no middle ground.