• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Finally finished Burn Notice. I loved this back when I had cable but those feelings had cooled. I still liked it, but the last season (season and a half really) just killed all momentum that I had. My main complaint is you never have a moment to breathe. I get that that is somewhat the point, but it doesn't lend itself to the 'Netflix Blast'. I don't think this has much rewatch value and that kinda makes me sad.

• 1 month later...

I've rewatched all of Parks and Rec (and am catching up with the most recent episodes) in the last week or so. Once it gets into season 2, this is possibly one of the best all time sitcoms I've ever watched. There's none of the will they/won't they bullshit, it's got some absolutely amazing messages (Andy/April couple goals for life), and it doesn't hesitate to pull punches (see: Pie-Mary for the entire MRA/feminism commentary).

• 2 months later...

Other Space: Its okay..... I was hoping for funnier from the guy who made "Freaks and Geeks" but it does have some funny moments, so far my favorite is from episode 3

Joel Hodgson: C'mon, I thought I was hanging with a big dog magnetic man with big dog magnetic balls.

Trace Beaulieu : You aaaare! They're huuuuuuge!!!!!

I'm still watching Other Space. It's enjoyable nenough, but no, not nearly as hilarious as the show that Paul Feig made should have been.

Milana Vaystrub, however, is hilarious. "What if you say if your boyfriend were here right now?" "... I would say the filthiest shit."

I'm watching through some of the Saturday Morning Cartoon collections that came out from Warner Brothers a few years ago (primarily consisting of Hanna Barbera and Ruby Spears properties). The shows generally range from dire to entertaining enough to have on in the background while I check Facebook or whatever. One show in particular caught my eye, though, and that's Thundarr the Barbarian. I was a very young child when it was on, and I remember watching it but not being terribly into it: it was dark, and violent, and kind of confusing. Watching it now, though, it's actually really good. A barefaced mash-up of Conan, Star Wars, and Kamandi, it was created by Steve Gerber and designed by Alex Toth and Jack Kirby, and the world they created (two thousand years after a natural disaster destroyed human civilization, a barbarian wanders post-apocalyptic North America with a magic princess and a totally-not-a-Wookiee sidekick) is really fascinating. Much darker and action-heavy than Saturday morning fare typically was in the era.

Yeah, the 80s one does not have a very good shit-to-not-shit ratio. HB's glory days were long behind them by that point. Ed Grimley was decent (I must say) but otherwise nostalgia was the only thing that pulled me through that set. The other sets are pretty fun and a fairly accurate recreation of the Saturday morning experience.

Just started watching through the blu ray for Metal Hurlant, an anthology series based on stories from Metal Hurlant/Heavy Metal magazine. It's pretty fun. Production cost is super-low but the writing is pretty good and the first episode features Michael Jai White and Scott Adkins (who should be Power Man and Iron Fist, by the way) doing battle in a Richard Corben story, so there's that.

• 4 months later...

Finally got around to Gotham and watched the first three episodes. I'm loving it so far. 

Just watched the season opener. They have significantly ramped up the goofy this year; that's not really a bad thing. It got pretty serious business is serious grrrrr last year. They also seem to be toning down the "You're just like a cat, Selina!" that they were hitting us over the head with.

Based off of what I've watched so far this season (with vague spoilers for the TV 101 Fall Preview Special)...

The Muppets: I'm giving a few more episodes but it needs a bit more work. Nothing is perfect from the first episode but it still needs work.

Blindspot: Definitely a keep watching show.

Minority Report: Might give it a couple more watches. Maybe not. Haven't decided.

Scream Queens: This is the most gloriously insane show I have seen so far this season. Like, I don't know what to be expecting and that's good. Most of the characters are caricatures with a few genuine personalities in there but it also has Jamie Lee Curtis being awesome. Also, Emma Roberts being awesome. I'm also not quite sure who the killer is but I don't care. I had some laugh out loud moments and some tense ones also but mostly "what the fuck am I watching and why can't I look away" moments.

I just started watch Person of Interest a few days ago. It's my third attempt to get into that series, and I think that this time, it's stuck.

I've now tried three times to get into Breaking Bad. I don't start at the beginning again but the next episode from the one I last watched. I just can't get to the end of the first season before I loose all interest.