What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

Just finished my watch-through of Archer. It took me about three years, but - having just finished it - it was absolutely worth it. I don't suppose it will ever return, but it ended on a great dumb joke, and that's perfect. More to say at another time.

Until then:

Does anybody have weird incomprehensible fictional crushes? No? Me neither.

1.jpg

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And tonight we've binged the first half of Made For Love, which is great and has my new favourite actress Cristin Miloti (from Palm Springs, and that Black Mirror episode about toxic geek fandom as a Star Trek spoof). Good stuff.

I'm also halfway through season 2 of Creepshow and am NOT liking it. I know Barbara Cramton shows up, so I'm watching that for sure. Otherwise, I'd probably bounce.

I think my next "working from home lunch viewing" now that Archer is done will be the Spawn series. Got that on DVD a while back. Them is also on the docket.

Really glad Cristin Milioti's been getting some love lately. She was definitely the best part of the last season of HIMYM (though I don't dislike that season as much as most). I even watched that failed romantic sitcom she starred in.

• 2 weeks later...

So my actual next choice to watch for lunches has been a split between Letterkenny (when I'm lazy) and Love Death and Robots (when I'm industrious or stoned). Both shows are great. LDR debuted the second "season" today, but I still have a few from season one to watch. It's not so much an anthology series as it is a set of animated sci fi short films between 10 and 15 minutes long. It's fucking excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

Love Death Robots season 2 was great, but ten episodes shorter than 1. Which is lame.

HBO's HACKS is fantastic. Really, they should just keep casting Jean Smart in series and I'll keep stealing my girlfriend's Crave account login to watch it.

On 4/28/2021 at 1:29 PM, Dread said:

Just finished my watch-through of Archer. It took me about three years, but - having just finished it - it was absolutely worth it. I don't suppose it will ever return, but it ended on a great dumb joke, and that's perfect. More to say at another time.

Until then:

Does anybody have weird incomprehensible fictional crushes? No? Me neither.

1.jpg

Apparently Archer is returning. Jessica Walter recorded all her lines before she passed away. One more season would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Homecoming season 2. What a  great show. I hope they end it there. I don't see going anywhere that won't be cliche after this.

Finished Lucifer season 5 with the girlfriend. It's about as lacklustre as the show usually is, but I did not expect them to go where they went. Season 6 should be interesting.

Four episodes into The Kominsky Method and I've cried at every episode. It's also a great comedy and a blast to see Douglas and Arkin with each other. Nancy Travis is great too. 

Started Black Summer despite it being a zombie show. We'll see. One episode in and (other than the fractured storytelling) it's pretty bog standard. I'll give it another spade or two before deciding.