What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

Finished the Wire Season 5, which means I've also finished the series.

It's probably one of the best tv shows I've ever seen. It makes me sad that there's no more left to watch. Me and my mom both loved it from start to finish.

And Stavros, even though Season 5 isn't quite as good as previous seasons (especially in how half-hazardly the media storyline is handled) it's still better than the best of other television shows.

I think next is Kill Point. It piqued my interest when I started seeing reviews pop up for it.

After that I'll probably give Jericho a shot (especially since it's a shorter show because of being canceled). And then I'm going to start Shield because this is the last season and by the time I finish the first 6 seasons the last season will be over and I can jump right in.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finished the Wire Season 5, which means I've also finished the series.

It's probably one of the best tv shows I've ever seen. It makes me sad that there's no more left to watch. Me and my mom both loved it from start to finish.

And Stavros, even though Season 5 isn't quite as good as previous seasons (especially in how half-hazardly the media storyline is handled) it's still better than the best of other television shows.

I finished it at about 2am monday night. Great show overall, its solidly in my top 5 shows although I don't think it surpasses the West Wing.

Yoda, Jekyll is a lot of fun, we were watching it as it came out. Its a nice take on an old concept.

I'm now watching Entourage and Sliders. Entourage is heavily recommended by friends of mine who already turned me onto Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia and of course The Wire. Sliders was a show that I ignored for years until I caught replays from seasons 3 & 4 and it became one of my favorite sci-fi shows. I can't wait to get back into it all these years later.

Just started season three of Six feet ubnder and though the first disc with the first two episodes was horribly underwhelming, the second was great and really enjoyable and I can't wait to continue.

Also, anyone who has watched this show, have you noticed that the episodes written by Alan Ball have always been crap and at best mediocre? I know he wrote American Beauty and created the show, I just don't like his episodes and always groan when it says "Written by Alan Ball"

decided to just get season four of six feet under.

That has got to be the most depressing season opener ever.

I nearly cried at the end.

What I posted before about the end of season three was a mistake, it was an awesome ending and everyone should wathc this show as the acting and writing are fantastic.

I still maintain that the Alan Ball episodes are the weakest, and he wrote American Beauty.

Oh my god, i just finished watching the fifth episode of season four of six feet under.

Oh my fucking god this was the most awesome episode ever.

This was an episode when everything was amazing, I fucking loved this episode.

This was an amazing episode and I really was just left speechless and almost in tears at the end.

If you watch one episode of any show this year, please let it be this one. This episode was all round awesome and the last ten minutes are fucking amazing.

What a fucking episode.

I watch the first 2 episodes of a little mini-series called The Kill Point,

it stars John Leguizamo and Donnie Wahlberg. It's surprisingly pretty good and fun (especially considered it was made by Spike TV). Not incredibly deep like a lot of HBO shows...but it's a fun action show.

I had never heard of it before...but thus far I'm glad I'm watching it. Hopefully the next 6 episodes don't make me regret renting it.

Just got up to speed on Entourage. This is great show, every episode is standalone and yet the overall saga flows very naturally. Plus 1/2 hour episodes and short seasons make this very digestible. Highly recommend, not least for the humor, interplay and smoking hot oft-naked women throughout.

Just finished disc 2 of season five of six feet under.

Although it isn't as strong as the end of the last season, such as the end credits music being used doesn't give you that time to breathe and take in what you've just watched moment that the show is amazing at.

The series is picking up and I am sad to see it is the last one.

Once again everyone should check this show out.

I've got round to starting the first season of Dexter. I have watched it before but it was a couple of years ago. Pilot's good, although I'll like the subsequent episodes more with the title theme, which is one of the best TV title sequences ever.

I'm a huge fan of Dexter, but its the sort of thing that I thought would end after two seasons. This third one hasn't quite caught me yet.

That's it. I am done with Six Feet Under. The show is over and my god was that finale so fucking awesome. I nearly cried at several points during the episode and then actually did when the show ended. Not only because it was an awesome ending and really tied things up, but it was so emotional and really gets to you, well it did to me at least. I've said it before, I'll say it again everyone should give this show a chance as it is awesome.

The Blade films. I really like the first two, the original is the original Marvel film, its a great western Martial Arts action film and frankly one of my favorite action films of all time. The second installment is a masterpiece of concept an design, easily surpassing even Del Toro's later Hellboy films. You've got great horror/action, tonnes of blood and good villains in Reinhardt (Perlman) and Novak (Luke Goss).

I fucking hated Blade III when I saw it just because it was such a downgrade in terms of the horror and visceral action. HHH with a puffy vampire dog? Bullshit. The new sidekicks weren't a patch on Abraham Whistler and the over-cgi'd Dracula as the bad guy was such a let own considering he was supposed to be the ultimate Vampire and wound up being less than any of the bad guys before him. I might give it another shot just because I've just watched the first two, but I'm not paying more than £3 or whatever.

I'm not even bothering with the series.

Finished the Kill Point over the weekend, a little bit underwhelming. But I think everything is going to be underwhelming for a while considering I just finished The Wire less than a month ago.

It's a decent action mini-series. The characters are deep enough to provide just enough substance to the show, but there are still plenty of flaws that bog it down.

Leguizamo puts in a fantastic performance, the best I've ever seen from him.

Definitely worth a watch.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Walking Tall- with The Rock and Johnny Knoxville

this has to be the most "straight laced" role knoxville has ever played

As an added bonus it has Ashley Scott in it who also starred in Birds of Prey