What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You cannot paint with all the colours of the wind because the wind has no colour.

She's referring to the fall leaves swirling through the air.

What, all the green fall leaves?

Isn't taking the potentially fatally shot John Smith on a supposedly 4 month long trip back to England for treatment going to be more fatal to him than treating him on the same continent as he was shot on?

Also, did Disney seek to avoid any comment on their physical depictions of native americans by removing all Pocahontas' facial features?

I'm jesting mostly, this was a beautifully animated film, its just in terms of plot and characters its pretty much bottom of the barrel. It amazing how in every Disney film all two people need is to spend about 15 minutes together to fall in love.

Almost all disney films can be explained through basic psychological issues. For example, Beauty and the Beast- Stockholm Syndrome. Little Mermaid- Species identity disorder. Jungle Book- Abandonment issues. Don't get me started on Peter Pan.

"I'll Make a Man Out" Of You is a Ripon College theatre department tradition. We sing it in the makeup room before every show.

I love the visual of that. The randomness of singing about fighting the hun in backstage prep.

Hey, if you're the lead in a production you should get them singing an fresh version of Gaston from Beauty and the Beast.

"No... one's... slick as Preston

No one's quick as Preston

No one's neck's as incredibly thick as Preston's

For there's no man in town half as manly

Perfect, a pure paragon!

You can ask any Tom, Dick or Stanley

And they'll tell you whose team they prefer to be on..."

Recently saw 2010 and PARANORMAL ACTIVITY. Both were a total waste of my time. Especially PARANORMAL ACTIVITY. People really think this stuff is scary?

Didn't know about the first film. Good thing I found out there was one before going to see 2012, I wouldn't have know what was going on!

Recently saw 2010 and PARANORMAL ACTIVITY. Both were a total waste of my time. Especially PARANORMAL ACTIVITY. People really think this stuff is scary?

Thank you. I've been getting tired of people praising Paranormal Activity when it's basically just Blair Witch 2: Demonic Boogaloo. The worst part is the people who think the movie really happened when it just came out of the writer having insomnia. Someone in marketing ran with it and decided that it was inspired by true events.

I'm partial to "Be Prepared" from Lion King. It's even better when you find out that Jeremy Irons hurt his throat and Jim Cummings (Darkwing Duck, Winnie the Pooh, about four thousand other V/O parts) subbed in on the second half.

That is the one part of The Lion King I like. The rest of it can burn for all I care but I did love "Be Prepared." Correction, The Lion King can survive if for no other reason than I do like Lion King 1 1/2.

Empire stirkes back: So far, its not bad.

Is this your first time seeing Empire?

First time in over a decade. Last time I saw them when my brother took me to see the first two when I was nine. I've never seen Jedi from start to finish in one sitting either.

That rocks. I have to watch The Holy Trilogy at least once a year so, I gotta say, I kinda envy you for being able to go into watching it with fresh eyes.

Tarzan- Better than I'd been lead to believe. Not your typical Disney film, in fact it was almost just an update of the Jungle book, although obviously they ditched the songs because they couldn't compete there. Didn't mind the music because I'm a Phil Collins fan. Once again the Disney animation crew does a top-notch job, the action was the best I've seen in one of these, but it wasn't lacking heart either. I'd recommend this to a friend.

And so my Disney odyssey comes to an end. Honestly, Pocahontas may have started a financial decline in Disney's success but the films themselves are consistently good. Certainly none of the features I've seen have been worse than Pocahontas, and it not like that was atrocious, just daft. Its hard to feel sorry for Disney, they were robbing themselves with Pixar, only Dreamworks came close to taking a chunk of the kids/family animation market from them, and their successes are hardly frequent. I'm glad that putting Pixar Supremo John Lasseter in charge of all Disney animated features means a return to some of the traditional animation classics. Pixar's output over the last 15 years tops Disney's solo stuff, but there is and always will be something magical about ordinary animation, and there is something to be said for the stories, the history and the values that this tradition embodies at the house of mouse. I'm excited about the Princess and the Frog, I think they've earned this shot and I really hope they knock it out of the park and score a big money hit so they can keep making these great films that no-one else can.

Disney animation. Pixar. Studio Gibli. The holy trinity of feature animation and they all rely on the same company to some extent, its astonishing.

Watching some season 1 30 Rock and had an interesting thought: NBC was just bought from GE by Comcast. It'll take about a year to get finalized but still, how are they going to handle it on the show since Jack working as a VP for GE is a huge aspect to it?

Might link it to Jack not wanting to act anymore. Or is he (Alec Baldwin) and the show ending at the same time?

Interesting point though

Over the last few days I've re-watched:

The Arctic Giant

I'm slowly making my way through all of the Fleischer Superman 'toons once more. This is a fun, silly episode. A dinosaur is thawed out and tries to eat Lois, but Superman punches it in the throat. Really. Despite the oddball plot, it's nice to see Superman take on something other than mobsters and mad scientists. And, man, does it look great -- even 70 years later!

Die Hard

Best action movie ever? Just might be.

Justice League: The New Frontier

This time around I noticed how fast the plot moves, leaving a lot to the viewer's imagination. It's still an awesome movie that really captures the spirit of the era, and it does a damn fine job making me sympathize with Hal Jordan, but it could have used another 15 minutes.

And for the first time I watched:

Terminator Salvation

Weak plot, lame CG effects, no heart, and Christian Bale clearly mailed in his performance.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Finally got my Beast Wars DVD's in the mail... been watching it and like it so far. Back in 1996 when it came out I was wayyy out of my fanboyism of Transformers. So I really never got into it. I knew it existed and that of the few episodes I did see the show was good.

Die Hard

Best action movie ever? Just might be!

I was thinking about this and I couldn't decide which one I thought was THE quintessential action movie: Die Hard or T2.

Terminator Salvation

Weak plot, lame CG effects, no heart, and Christian Bale clearly mailed in his performance.

Totally agree. I still wish it ended with T2: Judgment Day