What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd go with T2. Die Hard is a close second though. If we go with non-Sci Fi, then definitely Die Hard then.

I concur.

That was ultimately my conclusion. Has any of you checked out the extended edition of T2, I think it's even better than the theatrical, it's about 20 minutes longer and most of the inclusions are just more good stuff. Also Kyle Reese makes a cameo.

Die Hard

Best action movie ever? Just might be!

I was thinking about this and I couldn't decide which one I thought was THE quintessential action movie: Die Hard or T2.

I'd go with T2. Die Hard is a close second though. If we go with non-Sci Fi, then definitely Die Hard then.

I take Die Hard first. No annoying kid.

Has any of you checked out the extended edition of T2, I think it's even better than the theatrical, it's about 20 minutes longer and most of the inclusions are just more good stuff. Also Kyle Reese makes a cameo.

That extended cut is great! Yeah, the Kyle scene really added a lot, I think.

I like young J. Connor a lot, actually. He doesn't come across as too annoying to me.

I like young J. Connor a lot, actually. He doesn't come across as too annoying to me.

I'm not saying he's the most annoying kid in film history, but I don't like kids to start with and his constant flicking of his stupid greasy hair out of his daddy-complex wincing face didn't help, neither did his hoarse cracking voice. T2 is awesome, but John Conner isn't why.

Plus as chilling as the T-1000 is and as excellent as Arnie is, you can't top Willis's yo-yo take-no-shit personality and Hans Gruber, the greatest film villain of the century (his Sheriff of Nottingham having been from several centuries beforehand).

Die Hard

Best action movie ever? Just might be.

I own this 2 or 3 times. Standard release, special edition release and then on BluRay once I got my PS3. Easily in my top 5 movies of all time and definitely up there with one of the best action movies of all time.

Hans Gruber, the greatest film villain of the century

:yes:

This movie was Alan Rickman's very first film role, so it was a massive gamble by the studio, but paid off in spades. The whole scene with Takagi really lets the viewer know that he isn't some schmuck criminal.

Hans Gruber: [during a shootout with McClane, who is barefoot] Karl, schieß auf das fenster.

[Karl gives Hans a puzzled look. Exasperated, Hans repeats it in English]

Hans Gruber: SHOOT the GLASS!

I'm saving Die Hard for christmas, after all, it is the greatest christmas film of all time.

Hans Gruber: [during a shootout with McClane, who is barefoot] Karl, schieß auf das fenster.

I'm saving Die Hard for christmas, after all, it is the greatest christmas film of all time.

I'd probably put Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, and the original Miracle on 34th Street ahead of it actually.

I'd probably put Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, and the original Miracle on 34th Street ahead of it actually.

Seriously, you'd put Randy Quaid, a plastic leg, and the princess of pretension over, "Yippie-kai-yay, mother fucker,"?

None of them convey the true meaning of Christmas. Saving your estranged wife from terrorist bank robbers Nakatomi Plaza might not be in the King James Bible, but its certainly part of my personal holy scripture. Plus, unlike all that Jesus stuff Die Hard really happened.

Watched Rosencratz and Guildenstern Are Dead today on YouTube (the one with Gary Oldman and Tim Roth). May have to track down a physical copy of the play like I did with Arcadia, and definitely need to see it in the theatre at some point. Also, Tom Stoppard is probably one of my favorite playwrights ever.

Watched Rosencratz and Guildenstern Are Dead today on YouTube (the one with Gary Oldman and Tim Roth). May have to track down a physical copy of the play like I did with Arcadia, and definitely need to see it in the theatre at some point. Also, Tom Stoppard is probably one of my favorite playwrights ever.

Seconded and definitely track down a physical copy.

I watched Zombieland and Adventureland this weekend, both of which coincidentally have the same lead actor.

Zombieland was fun pretty much from start to finish. There’s a cameo in the film that pulled me right out of the experience, but even that I can forgive since that part of the film is still hilarious. My only other complaint is how cheap the makeup looked. I know the zombies in this aren’t supposed to be the rotting flesh kind, but they really did look like a bunch of people in makeup. Still, it’s some good gory fun that goes the extra mile to make the characters a little more interesting.

Adventureland was amazing. It’s one of the best written movies I’ve seen in a while, and I liked the cast a lot too. Sure, most of the characters fell into specific archetypes, but outside of a handful of characters, everyone was given enough depth to seem real. I liked that there wasn’t any real bad guy of the film too. I think most films with a similar premise would have made Ryan Reynolds an absolute dick, but instead he’s actually made a little redeemable. I’m surprised it was marketed as a comedy, since it feels like a drama first and foremost.