What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I mostly remember that episode for its BBC 1 advert opening fight. BBC 1 always has people wearing red doing crazy dancing in crazy places on their between show channel promos, and this looked straight out of that.

Ha, I remember that.

What the fuck did that have to do with the shows they were showing god only knows.

Like I said Dubs, I saw the episode once when it first aired, and my justification is shit at the best of times.

So I finished episode 9 of Spectacular Spider-man (THANKS SUAVESTAR!!!).

I have to say I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Although it's a bit early to tell, it's definitely better than the 90's spider-man series. This is one really does take all the classics and makes them feel new and fun again. The show is doing an excellent job juggling multiple subplots at once and providing supporting characters some real depth. Although I still think the pace they're moving is still a little breakneck in terms of villains, and I worry about the second season's material. I love the serialized style of this show. The fight sequences are unbelievable and head and shoulders above any other show I've seen.

The quality does seem to be dropping a bit, as the Goblin reveal was lacklustre and they could have done more work teasing other characters as Goblin. But it's been an incredibly satisfying show thus far. Only four more episodes left and already the introduction to the symbiote has occurred.

I walked into the show saying "It's not the 90's cartoon" and walked out saying "Except for the last episode....fuck the 90's cartoon!"

I haven't seen the show in years(90's spiderman) but I saw a clip on youtube and is it just me or has it aged really badly?

Like Spectacular spider-man I can get anyone Static shock, the zeta project and Batman beyond.

Just PM me and I'll send you the info.

Also X-Men evolution, if you like that show, I've never seen it personally.

Yeah, the animation of the 90's show is just poor, I was similarly shocked by how much the X-men cartoon has aged. I really loved both those shows but between some crap voice acting and inadequate animation I really can't watch them anymore.

The new Spider-man show is great though, everything except Venom has been handled really well.

School Reunion

- So far, with the exception of the Daleks and the Cybermen, seemingly every single alien life form can shapeshift into humans.

- K-9 is awesome.

- The sheer annoyance on Rose's face when Mickie asks to come along makes me want to punch her in the neck.

- This whole "great secret" thing intrigues me. I haven't seen most of this season, so I imagine it's something I don't already know about.

Do you mean The Face of Boe's secret? If so, it isn't revealed

until near the end of the third season

- Okay, huge plot hole here. So the wolf's plan is to bite the Queen so she'll pass on the disease or whatever, but no one notices that she's, you know... old and isn't having any more children? Even if the werewolf raped her (our hits just went up with that one) it wouldn't have worked.

At the end, though, the Doctor and Rose suggest that the Queen bit her children, thus passing it along.

- K-9 is awesome.

Affirmative!

- Okay, huge plot hole here. So the wolf's plan is to bite the Queen so she'll pass on the disease or whatever, but no one notices that she's, you know... old and isn't having any more children? Even if the werewolf raped her (our hits just went up with that one) it wouldn't have worked.

At the end, though, the Doctor and Rose suggest that the Queen bit her children, thus passing it along.

But it still doesn't sit with me exactly why she would bite them, or why she cared to have the disease in the first place. Her hiding her wound like that just seemed weird to me.

But unless she was in on the plan along with the original werewolf, I can't see how she would only infect her children. Ah, either way, I'm not hugely worried about it.

The Idiot's Lantern

- Just a decent episode. Not really much to say about it.

The site I'm using to watch these has the episodes in a weird order. Apparently I missed a whole two episode Cybermen story somewhere in there.

Robert Englund as the Vulture is awesome, however nothing beats when he played the Riddler in the Batman cartoon.

I thought his two (three if you count the JL episode as two episodes) appearances as Felix Faust were even better than his "The Batman" Riddler performance, which I also loved.

EDIT: I will be watching some Dr. Who very soon, as well. :yes:

Guest DCAUFan1051

Here's what I'll be watching after I finish The Cosby Show Season 1

99107757.jpg

and

4828317d.jpg

I saw The Double O' Kid on cable once and loved it.... it took me three years to hunt down a DVD copy of it.

And Summer Catch well it's based in Massachusetts and I love baseball. Besides it's got Beverly D'Angelo in it as a cougar ya can't beat that. And Jessica Biel in a non "psycho 7th heaven" role

Right now:

Princess Mononoke

Next:

Spirited Away

I just had a sudden urge to watch Anime (of which I own very little), so I'm watching Miyazaki movies. ;)

Oooh, both excellent choices. :yes:

My 21-minute behemoth (and award-winning :angel: ) anime music video from last year has both of those films in it.

Rise of the Cybermen/Age of Steel

- Hell yes! Mickie finally does something!

- Great story. The way The Doctor panics around certain enemies, like the Daleks and the Cybermen really put them over as threats.

Love & Monsters

A definite contender for worst episode of the new series.

- Other than Blink, I can't remember an episode having so little of The Doctor in it.

THe first of the Doctor-lite epiosdes. They learned how to do them better later on; i.e., Blink.

- "We even have a love life." :sick:

Um... yeah.

Right now:

Princess Mononoke

Next:

Spirited Away

I just had a sudden urge to watch Anime (of which I own very little), so I'm watching Miyazaki movies. ;)

Oooh, both excellent choices. :yes:

Yes, both of those are really amazing in every department. That reminds me, I've got Howl's Moving Castle on my shelf and never watched it. Thats going straight to the top of the pile.

I, too, have HMC, but have never watched it. Damn my lack of spare time.

Rectify this. Today if possible.

I'm trying but every time I go to put the dvd on my PC mysteriously starts showing another episode of Studio 60.

Maybe you're not understanding Miyazaki's genius.