What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

Starting watching M. Butterfly, loved the play, and I'm really eager to see Jeremy Irons in this, particularly as he's playing Gallimard. Wish they had kind of kept the structure of the play, especially with Gallimard functioning as the narrator, which brings a lot to the play. Still, so far, so good.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Final thoughts on M. Butterfly - still think the stage play was superior, though I appreciate how they wove the final scene of the play into the movie nearly intact. I still really think that they should've kept Gallimard intact as the unreliable narrator addressing the audience throughout the whole thing, as that was part of what made the play so appealing to me in the first place.

Also, Jeremy? I appreciate the crossdressing, but Tim Curry you are not. Please do not do it again.

Meanwhile, watching last night's episode of Castle. Hoooly shit. And this is just five minutes in.

Castle: Your apartment is on fire, this may not be the best time for modesty.

Beckett: Hand me a towel.

Castle: Your towels are on fire.

Beckett: What about the bathrobe?

Castle: [watches the bathrobe burn] Do you have anything in here that's non-flammable?

I love this two-parter.

Lethal Weapon 3- Big downturn. No great villains so far, and half the action scenes are incidental, rather than arising from the plot. Three times they've just showed up somewhere and Riggs has spotted some evil being perpetrated and gone running after it. I'm only half way through! Only the central double-act makes this work.

Guest dstroketheterminator

My Top 10 Shows:10.GLEE (No, I'm not gay, not that there's anything wrong that, but I watched some of this with my sister and it is a guilty pleasure)

09.House

08.Boy Meets World

07.30 Rock

06.NCIS

05.Law and Order(SVU, Criminal Intent, whatever)

04.Smallville

03.Human Target

02. Doctor Who

01. Supernatural

I got to see a preview of tomorrow's Chuck episode at WonderCon today, and it was totally awesome.

Also, Netflix Instant Watch has now convinced me to watch Buffy, so I'm about 4 episodes in and it's pretty great so far. =D

Sorry, but the only way anything from the Twilight saga is bearable for me to watch is with Rifftrax and lots of alcohol on hand.

Replace the Rifftrax with me and my buddy ripping it a new hole and the alcohol with, well, alcohol and you've pretty much got my experience right there. I should stress that whilst it was my choice (I'd already seen the first one) it was his DVD. He got it for his wife, and she's in India for a couple of weeks.

Watching Life (with David Attenborough narrating, not fucking Oprah), onto the final installment - Primates - and damn, I would hate to be a baboon female.

Ah the proper version. Its his show, its criminal to have someone else narrating. He's actually in Life, how can they cut around him?

All I know is they cut the behind the scenes thing down to less than five minutes in the American version. And I haven't actually seen his physical person in this?

Wait, I got confused because I watched Life and then Life in Cold Blood, where he is the on-site guide in some parts. Nevermind. Regardless, Natural History without David Attenborough is just wrong somehow.

Great Movie Mistakes- Great not only because of the minor gaffes that get left in films, but because Robert Webb is presenting it with a sort of loathing for the whole concept of the show, like you've asked him to lovingly prepare a turd for dinner.

(vo for post-battle carnage) "If you want to know what Falkirk looked like 800 years ago you can watch Braveheart, or just go there now."

Watching last night's episode of Castle, and horray, they actually covered accurately issues w/r/t indigenous politics and museum politics in general!

Also, German musical after this called Elisabeth on YouTube, basically a quasi-historical thing about Empress Elizabeth of Bavaria (quasi-historical coming in the fact that apparently she and Death have a forbidden love thing going on).

Transporter 3- Even stupider than two, but lacking the truly great fights and pyrotechnics that film had to make up for it. Neither has been a patch on the original, which is an underrated classic. Plus the girl in this one was weird. Besson shouldn't be picking up salon workers and giving them 6 months of acting lessons so they can star in his movies. There's more than enough actual actresses out there.