What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like Voyager a lot. Probably because I ended up watching the last two seasons (which were the best) first, then going back and watching the rest. Most everyone else watched the first season and stopped because they thought it was terrible. (I don't think it's NEARLY as bad as TNG's first season, but w/e.)

IMO, any of Star Trek's first seasons always feel ten times different than the rest of the series to follow.

(Also, Spike is has looped around to the first season, hah.)

Finished season 5 of Buffy and season 2 of Angel yesterday.

Buffy: Spike is just awesome. I mean, Angel's still number one for me, but Spike is amazing nonetheless. (Except for the Buffybot. Hilarious, yes, but also more than a bit creepy.) I didn't really like Glory though. As a big bad she was just...I don't know. Something about her just bugged me. Overall the season was good, though.

Angel: Okay, this show rocks. Angel is just awesome. When they go into that other dimension and he starts staring at his reflection and messing with his hair, plus that whole "why am I not on fire" thing...I really enjoyed that. =D I love how Angel gets to be funny this season. Apart from the whole depression thing, anyway...

Overall, I preferred Angel. My sister, the Spike fan, preferred Buffy. I am sensing a pattern here...

Oh wow, just wait for season 3 of Angel. Absolutely some of the best TV ever, there's a couple of episodes that just leave you ruined.

Baseketball is a better film than it has any right to be. I wish Trey and Matt had done more live action before they got old and less camera friendly.

What's even stranger about the film is that Trey and Matt didn't write it, but they successfully lobbied to create the Squeak part for their friend Dian Bachar. It's very hands-off from their perspective, as they're only really there as actors. And it's BLOODY awesome!

Baseketball is a better film than it has any right to be. I wish Trey and Matt had done more live action before they got old and less camera friendly.

What's even stranger about the film is that Trey and Matt didn't write it, but they successfully lobbied to create the Squeak part for their friend Dian Bachar. It's very hands-off from their perspective, as they're only really there as actors. And it's BLOODY awesome!

I knew it was a Zucker film going in and based off his more recent work and the fact that I don't really think of Matt and Trey as actors, on top of it being a sports film I figured it would be a disaster. Not only was it tremendous fun, they managed to create the very first acceptable and hilarious visual dick joke in cinema, and both guys were really good in it.

Plus there's this-

Robert Stack: The police have pieced together numerous theories on Coop's whereabouts.

Douglas "Swish" Reemer: I have no fucking clue where the hell he is. For all I care he could be hanging by his neck in his fucking closet!

Robert Stack: Scenario One: He's hanging by his neck in his fucking closet.

Jenna Reed: You want to know where Coop is? Just look for the most heinous, vile, and horrible exploitation of children on the planet.

Robert Stack: Scenario Two: Coop went to disney world

I've never really been sure why Keatons career fell off. Its not like he's ever bad in anything, and its not like with Kevin Costner when everyone suddenly realised he wasn't that good looking after all. I miss the days when Bill Murray could headline a film as the romantic lead, although I supposed we do have Will Ferrell these days.

I've never really been sure why Keatons career fell off. Its not like he's ever bad in anything, and its not like with Kevin Costner when everyone suddenly realised he wasn't that good looking after all. I miss the days when Bill Murray could headline a film as the romantic lead, although I supposed we do have Will Ferrell these days.

Ferrell did one good romantic comedy style film, and that was stranger than fiction.

Ferrell did one good romantic comedy style film, and that was stranger than fiction.

I wish he'd do more like that.

I wish he'd do more like that.

Same here.