What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glee- episode 19, featuring NPH & directed by Joss Whedon. Don't think I'll watch it regularly, most of the characters are way too irritating, and I have an instinctive hatred of people who love performing just to show off, which makes me hate the teacher guy most of all.

Glee- episode 19, featuring NPH & directed by Joss Whedon. Don't think I'll watch it regularly, most of the characters are way too irritating, and I have an instinctive hatred of people who love performing just to show off, which makes me hate the teacher guy most of all.

Actually, that episode is one of the worst in the entire show thus far as far as that stuff is concerned. I wouldn't necessarily take that as an example.

Yeah, The Power of Madonna is the episode that really got me hooked after slacking off for most of season 1. Then again, she's one of my patron divas so that'll happen.

I just tried a couple more eps by scanning through them. There's some funny stuff in there but there's something fundamental in the way that these people worship celebrity so sincerely that makes me deeply uncomfortable. Especially Madonna. Seriously, when the teacher ask "What's the first thing that comes to mind when I saw Madonna" they say "Legend" or "Hall of Fame Milf"? Not one person says "stolen african babies", "crazy vein forearms" or "Old Yeller (as in she's old, she can't sing and someone needs to put her our of her misery)"? Even light comedies need a realistic satirical edge.

I just tried a couple more eps by scanning through them. There's some funny stuff in there but there's something fundamental in the way that these people worship celebrity so sincerely that makes me deeply uncomfortable. Especially Madonna. Seriously, when the teacher ask "What's the first thing that comes to mind when I saw Madonna" they say "Legend" or "Hall of Fame Milf"? Not one person says "stolen african babies", "crazy vein forearms" or "Old Yeller (as in she's old, she can't sing and someone needs to put her our of her misery)"? Even light comedies need a realistic satirical edge.

The second half of this first season isn't nearly as good as the first, in my opinion. And the Madonna episode is one of my least favorites.

I'll watch Glee again when they cover Slayers Raining Blood. Or y'know, before then. Whatever.

Top Shots Part Deux- I thought this would be less funny than I remembered, but its still great. The Charlie/Martin Sheen Apocalypse now reference is hilarious. "I loved you in Wall Street!".

Glee this week was just awesome. It may be because I love Lady Gaga, Kiss, and Streisand but I think this might have been one of the best episodes of the season. Everything with Kurt's father was just awesome and the actor deserves an Emmy nomination for this episode.

See, I HATED that whole thing with a fiery passion. Kurt's been manipulating Finn's entire life and been inappropriately forward with him, despite the obvious fact that his feelings are unwanted. And yet, the one single time when Finn (who, until this point, has been extremely understanding and tolerant for the most part) snaps under the pressure, he's suddenly the bad guy and has to change himself to match Kurt? Nuh-uh. They played the "homophobic" card, and completely ignored the fact that Kurt's been a selfish jackass.

Buffy season 6 and Angel season 3.

Buffy: "Once More With Feeling" was awesome, of course.

Angel: Connor was adorable. Well, until the end, anyway. And Cordy and Wesley imitating the Buffy/Angel relationship was definitely one of my favorite moments. ("Just because I sent you to hell that one time doesn't mean that we can't just be friends. Or possibly more!")

For my money, TT is by far the most consistently good superhero cartoon ever made.

Tonally its a little off for me, its occasionally very melancholy for a kids show, and two mad mod episodes makes me deduct a hell of a lot of stars overall. JLU has it beat overall.

Wamego: Making Movies Anywhere

Sometimes a behind the scenes can demystify a movie you really like. But sometimes it can bolster your love for a film even more. Firecracker is one of my favorite movies. This is the behind the scenes. I want Steve Balderson to make one of my movies.