SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FIRECRACKER, hmm? I'm intrigued.

Yeah, funnily enough, Mike Patton beat Dennis Hopper out for one of the roles in this one.

I'll be covering Balderson's first feature Pep Squad in the upcoming Tromatacular. I continue to be amazed that it was a first film by a 23 year old director. ONe of the blurbs on the cover call it "a Bloodimple remake if directed by John Hughes" and I couldn't agree more. Throw in some John Waters and you've got a late nineties indie masterpiece.

Just watched Animal Kingdom.... if they still have ten nominations for movie of the year at the next Oscars and this isn't in the ten, then well, I won't be surprised because it won't have any money behind it to promote itself. But it god damn well should be. I'll admit I'm a sucker for a 'kid from a troubled background' story, but this is no Aladdin. US release isn't until August apparently, but I seriously recommend people check it out when it comes out.

Don't want to ruin it by talking about it, but I was left gutted after watching it.

The season finale of 30 rock was really good, apart from one thing, I thought it was great.

The one thing was:

I'm not a fan of the pregnancy thing with Jack, it may end up being awesome. But right now, I don't like it.

Also, I just realised:

This is the second time Elizabeth Banks has played a love interest for a main character in sitcom who gets pregnant.

It's the end of an era. Last night I finished Buffy.

What did you think? Also, how far into Angel are you?

Loved it. Everything with Spike was pretty awesome (though I would like to stress the fact that I am still on Team Angel). Also, Felicia Day and Nathan Fillion!

On an overall note, the character development on this show was amazing. Like Anya, for example. Random vengeance demon becomes part of the team and it totally works. (They do that a lot, don't they...pick out random characters to become big players in assorted apocalypses, etc.) It's really amazing how they developed all these different aspects of people's characters. Great writing.

Also, one season left of Angel. I am sensing bad things with this whole Wolfram and Hart thing. (I know, I'm very astute.) On the bright side, my sister and I will no longer be arguing about whether we should watch another episode of Buffy vs another one of Angel, since her dearly beloved Spike is now in LA with the team. I thought I raised her better than that... =) Not that I don't like Spike. He's got the nice cheekbones and the accent and all, yeah. But basically Angel just wins.

Booo! I'm on Team Spike by the end, but that's probably because he's being all noble without any chance of actually getting the girl. I'm also a huge fan of Angel series 5, its got more humour than any previous season but the emotional intensity remains. More standalone episodes too, much as I love the arc's nothing's ever going to beat the season 3 storyline surrounding Sleep Tight.

I'm not sure Team Riley exists.

I always thought that Spike was just weirdly obsessive. Sure, he turned around after he got his soul, but even then he seemed more like a pathetic obsessed guy. Angel was sorta like that too, but at least Angel and Buffy had a real relationship.

And yeah, Riley sucks. Apparently Whedon doesn't know how to write straightforward morally-upright types without giving them weird personality quirks. (like Simon Tam)