What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From the bits I've seen of him, it doesn't do anything for me.

Well he's not really a comedian, he's a tv host/radio DJ. Its not like over in the states where you expect the host to be an ex-standup delivering monologues or snappy one-liners, he's really just a reasonably charming TV host who tends to be good at forming a rapport with his guests.

Does the last part apply, too? :P

In so much as it's appealing to the eye. Nothing more than that though. :)

I also watched the first 3 episodes of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace afterwards and stated my disappointment on facebook. I'm clearly in the minority, but I've seen much better spoof TV shows and only laughed once. I appreciate what it was doing and that it was made nearly 10 years ago now, but the guy playing Marenghi isn't as good at comedy lines than Moss or Matt Berry. Maybe the other 3 episodes will be better though.

Where you at? And who's your favorite so far?

Just watched the Mad Men season premiere. The season's pretty much starting off on a new, clean slate, and I like where it's going so far. There's a one thing I'd like to call now:

Sally's going to end up with Don at the end of the season, and he's possibly going to go for custody of the kids.

And I'm sorry, but I still hate Betty. Peggy seems to be getting awesomer, which makes me quite happy. Also, moar Joan, plz.

Watched the first two episode of MM season 1.

Not sold.

I'll give it another two episodes.

In other news, an easy way to warm a character to me is make him a rye man. Therefore, this evening, I'm drinking it neat with a soda chaser in honor of Mr. Draper.

I'm currently working my way through Firefly and it is absolutely sublime. Can I blame the continent of North America for not giving this series enough viewers for a second season? Because it is so fucking awesome.

It's my main reason for holding a grudge against the American viewer. Best show ever than didn't get a second season.

I'm with Dread on Mad Men, people pushed the show as great but the first two episodes didn't grab me and I sort of forgot about it. That being said, I want to give this the same shot I gave the Wire (since that's now my favourite show of all time), so I'm going back to Mad Men this week.

Also, I love Community. Really fun little comedy.

I'm going to be starting a Whedon rewatch over these next few months in chronological order, so this should get really fun.

Firefly is still one of those shows I can pop in on a weekend and just marathon all the way through and never get sick of it. Also, blame Fox for fucking up the airing schedule; it was viewer clamor that got Serenity.

Those images are fantastic. But I think January Jones is hotter in the first two episodes.

JanuaryJones.jpg

She's attractive, yes, but I'm sorry, I absolutely hate her character.

I'm still gonna say for all of you who didn't like the first two eps to give it until episode 6 to make your final judgements.

I'm going to be starting a Whedon rewatch over these next few months in chronological order, so this should get really fun.

I tried that Chronological thing for Buffy and Angel but dropped it somewhere around the start of season 5 of Buffy. I'll have to go back though, Angel series 2-4 is awesome in every way.

I'm still gonna say for all of you who didn't like the first two eps to give it until episode 6 to make your final judgements.

I will try this time. It's not that I didn't like it, it just didn't grab me.