What are you watching and enjoying?

SuaveStar

Okay, the opener for BSG S3,

Please, shave of the mustache, I beg you. Poor Kara is getting her little mind kicked in the groin over and over again. Lee is now a fatso and married to what's-her-name-please-die. Thankfully he's leaving and hopefully won't be seen for quite some time. Did (I-don't-know-his-real-name)Colonel Tigh actually loose the use of his eye? Dumb question since he was still fine in The Resistance, but ah, for some reason it seemed, "real"?

Run Callie, RUN! Sweet cliffhanger (I think I know how it's going to play out. (Either one of two choices, A: Selective firing, Roslin is okay, B: Super science-fiction fanboy explanation: time-travel.)), a little miffed that Baltar and "Caprica" weren't delved into, but I'm sure they will be dealt with presently.

Anyways, twas interesting, I just hope Starbuck's situation gets resolved soon, cause I can see that getting tired quickly.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Halloween episode of Family Guy had Patrick Stewart uttering the words "dick pump."

Yeah.

People, people, people. They were both good, but nothing special. Simpsons Treehouse of Horror has really became watered down since they started doing the mini stories in regular episodes. And the stories weren't even that good. The games one was a poor comparison to the TOH where all the advertising comes alive. Also, the Twilight one.....strange.

Family guy, almost had some good moments, but it didn't have anything memorable happen outside of the Dick Pump bit.

Also, both having an episode about Halloween, but airing a week after Halloween. That wasn't that great either.

The Halloween episode of Family Guy had Patrick Stewart uttering the words "dick pump."

Yeah.

People, people, people. They were both good, but nothing special. Simpsons Treehouse of Horror has really became watered down since they started doing the mini stories in regular episodes. And the stories weren't even that good. The games one was a poor comparison to the TOH where all the advertising comes alive. Also, the Twilight one.....strange.

Family guy, almost had some good moments, but it didn't have anything memorable happen outside of the Dick Pump bit.

Also, both having an episode about Halloween, but airing a week after Halloween. That wasn't that great either.

suave.png

The Trip- short series following Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon as they tour some restaurants for a newspaper article. Just onto the second episode now, and it's basically two guys doing impressions over very pretentious food, but it's a fun watch. It's also quite hands-off on the writing, or at least trying to keep it close to an image of reality, with Rob as ever providing the solid successful and talented base in contrast to Steve's attempts to break hollywood. It's not going to rock your world, but it's fun. It also leaves you quite hungry by the end thanks to all the food they eat.

Cube- Interesting little film, although I've absolutely no desire to check out the sequels. Being trapped in there with those people was unpleasant enough once. Well made and well scripted, but not exactly enjoyable. Plus I already hate maths.

Sort of debating on what my next film marathon should be. I was thinking Jurassic Park would be fun to watch beginning to end, just because it starts great, goes to shit and winds up ok. It would also be nice to spot some inconsistencies through the films. Plus I've only ever seen Lost World once and thought it was utter shit, so that would be fun to do.

I was seriously considering some sort of Robert Downey Jr thing since I've never seen a lot of his early work, but that would require a lot of selection and careful planning which is contrary to the spirit of these little exercises. I'm trying to see change through mainstream franchises over the years, not people's careers.

Sort of debating on what my next film marathon should be. I was thinking Jurassic Park would be fun to watch beginning to end, just because it starts great, goes to shit and winds up ok. It would also be nice to spot some inconsistencies through the films. Plus I've only ever seen Lost World once and thought it was utter shit, so that would be fun to do.

Do that one. I've also only seen two and three once, and hated them both. So it'd be nice seeing what you thought of them.

Do that one. I've also only seen two and three once, and hated them both. So it'd be nice seeing what you thought of them.

I'd agree, although there are only 3 films to watch. My ex-housemate had a boxset of Alien, Predator and AvP films that I methodically ploughed through to acquaint myself with each franchise. I recommend that, especially given that there was a Predator film out this year that you could finish off on.

Then Alien & Predator franchises are a good shout, but honestly I already did AVP, AVP2 and Predator 2 in short succession this year, I don't think I could handle that again. I'm trying to blow through whole franchises in which there are at least one or two movies I'm not that familiar with. The Alien/Predator series is a hell of a slog for movies I've seen quite a few times before (9 films in all, and only four of them really merit rewatching).

And no, there's no such thing as a Highlander sequel.

Then Alien & Predator franchises are a good shout, but honestly I already did AVP, AVP2 and Predator 2 in short succession this year, I don't think I could handle that again. I'm trying to blow through whole franchises in which there are at least one or two movies I'm not that familiar with. The Alien/Predator series is a hell of a slog for movies I've seen quite a few times before (9 films in all, and only four of them really merit rewatching).

Lets see:

Alien, Aliens, at a stretch Aliens 3, and Predator? Predator 2, is in the same boat as Alien 3 I'd say, as in a possible film that is really worth rewatching.

The less said about the AVP films, the better.

I'm watching Dumbo as I type this, and am coming up to the pink elephant scene, it wasn't one of my favourite Disney film as a kid, and its staying in the same boat as an adult.

Edit: That was an hour I'll never get back.

Also, random thought, but maybe everyone should try and keep track of all the films they watch starting January 1st 2011. Keeping it all in this thread, but keeping a list of what you watch and seeing the final number at the end of the year.

Nightmare On Elm St. Once again, a slight trek but one came out this year so it's one that's worth it.

Lets see:

Alien, Aliens, at a stretch Aliens 3, and Predator? Predator 2, is in the same boat as Alien 3 I'd say, as in a possible film that is really worth rewatching.

Bingo. Alien 3 is underrated I think, being the weakest of the initial three does not by any stretch make it a bad film.

Lets see:

Bingo. Alien 3 is underrated I think, being the weakest of the initial three does not by any stretch make it a bad film.

Have you seen the work-print version of Alien 3? It's much closer to what Fincher wanted to get down and explains a lot of the discrepancies in this finished version (like where Paul McGann disappeared to).

Just finished Season 3 of House, and it's better than I remember, although that's entirely down to the second half of the season, which looks more at Chase, Cameron and Foreman. I'd still rank it beneath Season 1 as there's no incredible story that really sets it apart from previous seasons, but I'm glad that I got more out of this season on thi viewing.

Season 4 = Olivia Wilde :wub: